lebronjames124
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does downstate send out more IIs than normal?They started really early so honestly have no idea. I got my invite on 07/03 but they do interview almost 800 people.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
does downstate send out more IIs than normal?They started really early so honestly have no idea. I got my invite on 07/03 but they do interview almost 800 people.
I was just looking at MSARdoes downstate send out more IIs than normal?
guaranteed to start hearing back in february, but they've sent out acceptances in december before. so possibly this month for some apps, but if you don't get an A this month i wouldn't see that as a red flagDoes anyone know when they are going to send out decisions?
ppl who had IIs mad early will prob get it in decguaranteed to start hearing back in february, but they've sent out acceptances in december before. so possibly this month for some apps, but if you don't get an A this month i wouldn't see that as a red flag
I saw some people just got As today! I wonder if it was a mass email or a phone call?Did they mention when decisions might come out at the info session last week?
on admit?I saw some people just got As today! I wonder if it was a mass email or a phone call?
I would imagine they would have said something here. Can anyone confirm? If not they are prob capping.I saw some people just got As today! I wonder if it was a mass email or a phone call?
Interviewed August haven’t heard back yet either.Anybody else who interviewed in August not hear back? Wonder if they are done for the day already lol.
SameInterviewed August haven’t heard back yet either.
Lowkey I kinda believe the 5 peopleView attachment 412669
NO WAY! Either they're lying and making fake accounts (someone called out a fake Downstate A a week ago) or the admissions committee is wrong. Which is more likely?
are people really making fake accounts? That is actually insaneView attachment 412669
NO WAY! Either they're lying and making fake accounts (someone called out a fake Downstate A a week ago) or the admissions committee is wrong. Which is more likely?
what timeOOS A today via email directing me to the portal. interviewed Aug 19
maybe they just changed their mindsView attachment 412669
NO WAY! Either they're lying and making fake accounts (someone called out a fake Downstate A a week ago) or the admissions committee is wrong. Which is more likely?
Okay. Watch me. I will email them again, and I will paste their response here.maybe they just changed their minds![]()
I will be patiently waiting your response.Okay. Watch me. I will email them again, and I will paste their response here.
Also wonderingWhere do we think they are in terms of sending out IIs? Or does anyone know if it says somewhere on their website the range of time they send out IIs?
wow what is the special applicants 😭In info sessions and interviews I was told majority will be sent staring January, with a few sent in December for very strong/special applications (forgetting the exact verbiage)
11:57 am estwhat time
also got an IS A yesterday but only from the portal! i got an ominous email saying that decisions are rendered and had to log in to see it haha. interviewed late october but also wouldn’t see not hearing back now as a red flag because Downstate has been unique this cycle for me in asking for more information and i was sure that was a bad sign lolI saw some people just got As today! I wonder if it was a mass email or a phone call?
I was complete even before that lol and still nothing I'm not sure if I give up or send a LOIanyone else complete by 8/19 and hasn't heard anything? :/
Lowkey I kinda believe the 5 people
Reporting them just because last year downstate said the same thing and then started releasing decisions in early December. (What do I know though lol, just a guess)
Kinda a silly thing to do. Why fake transparency?They did in fact lie, they sent out some of their decisions early.
They did in fact lie, they sent out some of their decisions early.
It was a mistake. They have no reason to lie. The people who monitor the email are not the most up to date in the process.Kinda a silly thing to do. Why fake transparency?
I mean it’s not that big of a deal. But cmon. You’re telling me the head of admissions on zoom calls doesn’t know when they are gonna release decisions. Some said February and some January. Again, it’s not the end of the world I just thought it’d be more clear cut.It was a mistake. They have no reason to lie. The people who monitor the email are not the most up to date in the process.
ok bro when we say “lie” we don’t mean intentionally and literally.It was a mistake. They have no reason to lie. The people who monitor the email are not the most up to date in the process.
I have an interview date for March. I’m scared about how successful the interview can be that late in the cycle…. 🙁Have most of Downstate's II gone out? I am trying to get a feel as to how far into the spring they interview
Was not the case for me. I feel like they follow a very simple formula. For faculty they seem to want to know about your background and what you did in college and how you studied in college and for the mcat. The student interview was also standardized. Sometimes the reviewer of your application will have questions after reading through your app and will leave those questions for the faculty interviewer to ask you. These are just clarification questions. Overall it was extremely standardized and frankly boring. You will do fine. Emphasize community work as that is what the school cares abouthow were your interviews? Anything specific to prep for? I've read online that Downstate does tough interviews and wanted to see if those of you who have interviewed with them already felt this.
Thank you so much for this detailed answer! Really helpful 🙂Was not the case for me. I feel like they follow a very simple formula. For faculty they seem to want to know about your background and what you did in college and how you studied in college and for the mcat. The student interview was also standardized. Sometimes the reviewer of your application will have questions after reading through your app and will leave those questions for the faculty interviewer to ask you. These are just clarification questions. Overall it was extremely standardized and frankly boring. You will do fine. Emphasize community work as that is what the school cares about
nah super chill and conversationalhow were your interviews? Anything specific to prep for? I've read online that Downstate does tough interviews and wanted to see if those of you who have interviewed with them already felt this.
i second thisnah super chill and conversational
Thank you for your answer! I got an interview with them soon so hopefully all goes well!nah super chill and conversational
Collecting As like infinity stones holy !+1 IS A by email
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.