2025-2026 UC San Francisco

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you are 2024 or earlier college graduate, please use the space below to tell us what you have done since completing your undergraduate degree. (350 words)

If we graduated in May of this year (2025) should we give updates on what we have done since then? Or leave it blank?
 
If you are 2024 or earlier college graduate, please use the space below to tell us what you have done since completing your undergraduate degree. (350 words)

If we graduated in May of this year (2025) should we give updates on what we have done since then? Or leave it blank?
I think leave blank, if they wanted it they wouldn't have specified 2024
 
• Minimum of one academic year, two (2) semesters or (3) quarters, of college-level Chemistry with laboratory.
• Must include at least one (1) semester of Organic Chemistry.

Just a bit confused by this, but it doesn't seem like organic chemistry lab is required right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
its it over if we didnt get it? this is my dream school and ive been having successes with ii so getting screened gonna hurt🥲
 
• Minimum of one academic year, two (2) semesters or (3) quarters, of college-level Chemistry with laboratory.
• Must include at least one (1) semester of Organic Chemistry.

Just a bit confused by this, but it doesn't seem like organic chemistry lab is required right?
"One academic year (2 semesters or 3 quarters) of college-level Chemistry, including at least one semester of Organic Chemistry with laboratory."

From their coursework requirements listed here, so I do think organic chemistry lab is required!
 
App received notification on 08/11, but no secondary yet. Realistically, am I cooked?
 
If you are 2024 or earlier college graduate, please use the space below to tell us what you have done since completing your undergraduate degree. (350 words)

If we graduated in May of this year (2025) should we give updates on what we have done since then? Or leave it blank?
I'm assuming it's a typo from last year so I am, hope that's correct and I'm not being neurotic 😵
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PRIME-US Essays

Please describe your commitment to working with the urban underserved, highlighting experiences with urban underserved communities and community-based work. Be sure to mention any leadership and/or team-member roles you’ve played. (500 words)


PRIME-US requires a commitment above and beyond the regular medical school curriculum. You will be expected to spend an additional scholarly year focused on underserved communities. Please answer the following questions:
  • What research question or project are you interested in pursuing during your additional scholarly year?
  • What impact do you envision through your participation in PRIME-US?
(750 words)
 
Are they sending them out right now still? Also anyone with 518+ didn't get it yet? Got it last year and I thought my app was only better lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS Secondary

1. Applicants are interviewed by invitation only. Interviews are scheduled from October to mid-February (days vary). For the 2025-26 interview season, we will conduct interviews via Zoom.
[Checkbox] I will be out of the country - provide additional info below (e.g. dates, best way to contact, etc.)

Additional Information:
2. If you wish to update or expand upon your activities, you may provide additional information below. (500 words)

3. If you are 2024 or earlier college graduate, please use the space below to tell us what you have done since completing your undergraduate degree. (350 words) **note: the year doesn't seem to have been updated to 2025.

4. UCSF PRIDE* values serve as a guiding light for institutional life and activities. Briefly describe how you will contribute to and support our PRIDE values consistent with your goals or life experience. (500 words)

5. Candidates and current students must meet the ethical and legal standards to be licensed to practice medicine in the State of California as well as the standards of the UCSF School of Medicine. Accordingly, candidates for admission must acknowledge and provide written explanation to the School of Medicine of any felony offense, misdemeanor offense, and institutional action taken against them prior to matriculation. This disclosure is required of all charges and convictions, including expunged and diverted offenses that have not already been reported in the primary AMCAS application. Failure to disclose prior offenses can lead to disciplinary action by the school that may include dismissal.
[Checkbox] I acknowledge this policy and have nothing additional to disclose.
[Checkbox] I have a relevant disclosure described below. (no obvious word limit)

6. Residency: Please list all states of residence including where you have had an official address within the past 10 years.
 
Are they sending them out right now still? Also anyone with 518+ didn't get it yet? Got it last year and I thought my app was only better lol
LM 82.90 (MCAT 525, GPA 3.99) with no IS secondary. I have an II from a (supposedly) stats-heavy school, so I've been curious how my essays came across, haha... Still early in the cycle; I'm kind of hoping to use UCSF to gauge the quality of my primary, I guess.