CHOOSE YOUR OWWN II - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Technically yes but not much to throw a party over
dance shitting GIF by Motiongarten

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Technically yes but not much to throw a party over
Wait but why not? Because 3P? Doesn't this still help us get to a win? Or do they not count for parity numbers? Who is town hunting to keep up from parity?

Also since his only goal was to misyeet me, town, I still think removing him from play was probably better than a lot of yeets, especially if those would have been town or more benign scum.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait but why not? Because 3P? Doesn't this still help us get to a win? Or do they not count for parity numbers? Who is town hunting to keep up from parity?

Also since his only goal was to misyeet me, town, I still think removing him from play was probably better than a lot of yeets, especially if those would have been town or more benign scum.
Well I don't know you're town :p
But I don't think condemner is an exclusive wincon? I could totally be wrong on that.

Well I don't know you're town :p
But I don't think condemner is an exclusive wincon? I could totally be wrong on that.
Well, from where I'm sitting, getting rid of the scum whose only real mission in the game from what I can tell, was to misyeet a townie, I happen to know we removed a town-harmful element. Maybe he would have otherwise tried to truly hunt other scum as a survival mechanism, I don't know. Whoever read Stagg as not really interested in hunting and thought his vote for me was weird, probably deserves to be putting themselves on the back.

To be fair though, what scum faction should we be most concerned with hunting? Mafia? Werewolves? I don't know which scum have every night kills.

• Care
Here's today's vote tracker, for anyone interested:

Screenshot (508).png

Screenshot (509).png

Screenshot (510).png

Screenshot (513).png

Sorry, there's some overlap between the last 2 because for some reason, my computer won't save the cropped version that has the last 2 votes.

Attachments

• Screenshot (511).png
    Screenshot (511).png
    340 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: 1 users
Also condemner converts to vanilla townie if they fail their goal (either their target is nightkilled or they aren't on the vote) so
Oh well I guess there's that I guess. Still would have likely been mostly focused on killing me. I am town.

Only just now wonder if, let's say, someone had picked scum aff if the Godfather ability would have had then seered as "not mafia" to cops? And it does dawn on me that seering clean for one type of scum as scum is of limited utility in a multiball. In any case, no I didn't discard town vanilla to be scum lol.

• Haha
To be fair though, what scum faction should we be most concerned with hunting? Mafia? Werewolves? I don't know which scum have every night kills.
According to Mafiascum:

Aliens have a one-time factional kill.
Mafia can kill 1 player per night.
Werewolves can kill 1 player per night.
Serial killer can kill 1 player per night.

So seems like mafia, werewolves, and SKs should be the biggest concerns factionally.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Well, from where I'm sitting, getting rid of the scum whose only real mission in the game from what I can tell, was to misyeet a townie, I happen to know we removed a town-harmful element. Maybe he would have otherwise tried to truly hunt other scum as a survival mechanism, I don't know. Whoever read Stagg as not really interested in hunting and thought his vote for me was weird, probably deserves to be putting themselves on the back.

Not saying it wasn't a good vote. Just that it's not much of an outcome to celebrate imo. Better than a town vote, not as good as scum that can kill or have exclusive wincons. Doesn't really give us any additional info to work with. Free shrugs.

Here's today's vote tracker, for anyone interested:

View attachment 340610

View attachment 340611
View attachment 340612
View attachment 340614
Sorry, there's some overlap between the last 2 because for some reason, my computer won't save the cropped version that has the last 2 votes.

Strange how you list stagg's opening vote for alley as salt, but leave mine open for interpretation, when it was clearly for the same reason.

Also for the record, I was trying to yeet her at 9:01am, but Animal LazyWife wouldnt unlock the thread.

• Wow
  • Care
Strange how you list stagg's opening vote for alley as salt, but leave mine open for interpretation, when it was clearly for the same reason.

Also for the record, I was trying to yeet her at 9:01am, but Animal LazyWife wouldnt unlock the thread.
I take wordings directly from people's posts. You'll notice as it goes on that they shift to copy/paste. Stagg's vote said salt (although I didn't copy/paste his, idk why), yours didn't, even if I knew it was. :shrug:

Edit: some of them are also missing the corresponding explanations, I can go back and take new screenshots with that info if people really want.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I take wordings directly from people's posts. You'll notice as it goes on that they shift to copy/paste. Stagg's vote said salt (although I didn't copy/paste his, idk why), yours didn't, even if I knew it was. :shrug:

Mine literally said yeet alleyx5, why isnt that in the record? 😆

Fishing for Modwife angries, are we? Godspeed

Lol fishing? I get those without effort. Please take them from me. As many as you want.

• Haha

Edit: some of them are also missing the corresponding explanations, I can go back and take new screenshots with that info if people really want.
Thinking about it, shouldn't I have gotten salt as one of the few winning wolves from the last game playing this one, and also for my role in converting samac? I surely deserve some blame for that lol. Samac still gets like 95% credit, with me splitting 5% with TelemarketingEnigma. Although TE gets more credit since she stumped with Samac. So maybe I get like 2% credit. Still. Where's my salt? Alas I didn't think of this until the salt stage passed. I don't mean to leave out mkg except she just wasn't part of the samac conversion and samac support like TE was. She surely gets the same amount of credit all wolves get for a win, I just mean as far as samac salt and this game go... seems like TE and I deserve a few grains.

• Care
E
Eh, I don't give it town points because it sounds like a good way for scum to stall about revealing any info until they can check in with the pack, ans something I do as scum constantly in any case

Its more bc the alignment role she claimed seemed to fit in with something that she may have wanted to look back at the list so as to not reveal any info to the alien faction

Yeet wonder

Season 9 Phoebe GIF by Friends

Unyeet wonder

What do we think about this?

She gets off slightly before Wonder role revealing.
I have a feeling this could be a potential scum - scum interaction. This was after Wonder revealed her alignment tho.
Does Coopah find it that convincing? This may be a bit of a stretch , but is it possible the voting , alignment reveal and the unvoting again is part of a planned sequence?

See ya in dead chat Cubs!

Iirc , supersaint works only on hammers (thats when more than half of the PL is voting for you)

So no Cubs in dead chat for you

What do we think about this?

She gets off slightly before Wonder role revealing.
I have a feeling this could be a potential scum - scum interaction. This was after Wonder revealed her alignment tho.
Does Coopah find it that convincing? This may be a bit of a stretch , but is it possible the voting , alignment reveal and the unvoting again is part of a planned sequence?
I have a hard time reading into that interaction because Coop doesn’t seem interested in game solving at all and as far as I can tell, went on Wonder’s vote specifically because Dubz told people not to follow her vote. It feels like all she’s (Coop) done the whole game so far is mess around.

@Chaostrodon, how do you feel about Wonder claiming town ascetic for alignment and then town JOAT for role? Are you still scum reading her? Yesterday didn’t give us much new info to work with other than that since she barely posted.

At the risk of saying Shortys tone is different....she seems sassier and more aggressive. I like it on one hand and on the other... can't remember her discard, because if it was town I'll let this go. Otherwise, I'm still watching out for the day she's scum.

• Haha
At the risk of saying Shortys tone is different....she seems sassier and more aggressive. I like it on one hand and on the other... can't remember her discard, because if it was town I'll let this go. Otherwise, I'm still watching out for the day she's scum.
I discarded town roleblocker.

YESSSSS WE GOT A WOLF
....I wasn’t sure till I saw Dubz reply. And I understood how roles were selected and very clearly spelled it out in my selection PM which one was for ability, which was for alignment, and which was for discard. But I still found that reveal confusing. Maybe because I’m not familiar with supersaint or condemner.
According to Mafiascum:

Aliens have a one-time factional kill.
Mafia can kill 1 player per night.
Werewolves can kill 1 player per night.
Serial killer can kill 1 player per night.

So seems like mafia, werewolves, and SKs should be the biggest concerns factionally.
Great so town will be slaughtered in like 2 nights.

• Sad
Well, but we don’t know which of those factions are in the game. And on top of that, they don’t know who the other scum factions are. So while I’d agree that we have a bit of an uphill battle to scumhunt in time, unless all the people who are scum are super good at IDing villagers, I think there will probably be some cross-traffic of scum-on-scum violence too.

Well, but we don’t know which of those factions are in the game. And on top of that, they don’t know who the other scum factions are. So while I’d agree that we have a bit of an uphill battle to scumhunt in time, unless all the people who are scum are super good at IDing villagers, I think there will probably be some cross-traffic of scum-on-scum violence too.
I sure hope so

I have a hard time reading into that interaction because Coop doesn’t seem interested in game solving at all and as far as I can tell, went on Wonder’s vote specifically because Dubz told people not to follow her vote. It feels like all she’s (Coop) done the whole game so far is mess around.

@Chaostrodon, how do you feel about Wonder claiming town ascetic for alignment and then town JOAT for role? Are you still scum reading her? Yesterday didn’t give us much new info to work with other than that since she barely posted.
Oh good you got it :banana: I was worried I was being too subtle

• Hmm
....I wasn’t sure till I saw Dubz reply. And I understood how roles were selected and very clearly spelled it out in my selection PM which one was for ability, which was for alignment, and which was for discard. But I still found that reveal confusing. Maybe because I’m not familiar with supersaint or condemner.
It probably helped that I had condemner as one of my round 1 options, so I knew he couldn't have been wolf and condemner lol

• Wow
Night closed; results pending

• Care

In my defense, I was like 5 drinks in and saw “wolf” and started celebrating. So I’m gonna blame my inebriated brain.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
  • Hmm
@WildZoo, I feel like in other games I've played with you when you were village, you had reads lists. Got anything you'd be interested in sharing with the class?

I noticed this yesterday. She kinda threw something out early and just watched the action unfold. Even moreso I didnt like how Chaos, who has been driving/kinda controlling everything since zero hour just up and sheeped her vote. In this game, i suppose thats less meaningful since there are multiple factions, and its harder for either of them to know right off the bat that Wonder is village, but another partial scum point for me.

Speaking of factions, do the NKs give us any info at all yet? Some of them have nightly kills, but the Aliens get a 1x kill. Surely theres at least 2 factions, but I guess it doesnt rule out a 3rd if aliens didnt use their kill.

Coo is also in my POE at the moment with her slightly erratic interactions/fluff not being followed by any actual gameplay. I do feel her frustrations about not being able to joke on thread though lol.

I noticed this yesterday. She kinda threw something out early and just watched the action unfold. Even moreso I didnt like how Chaos, who has been driving/kinda controlling everything since zero hour just up and sheeped her vote. In this game, i suppose thats less meaningful since there are multiple factions, and its harder for either of them to know right off the bat that Wonder is village, but another partial scum point for me.

Speaking of factions, do the NKs give us any info at all yet? Some of them have nightly kills, but the Aliens get a 1x kill. Surely theres at least 2 factions, but I guess it doesnt rule out a 3rd if aliens didnt use their kill.
I'm not sure how much info we can get from the NKs so far, tbh. We have no way of knowing what faction(s) killed last night - for all we know, it was 1 faction and a vig, or something like that. I'm keeping track of people's claimed roles (for aff and ability, if they've fully role revealed) on my spreadsheet, so we can reference those later if we notice a slip. I'm not particularly surprised by either kill - Cray is a strong villager when she's village, and stirs up a lot of discussion, so taking her out early makes sense. Since Wonder had fully role revealed, I'm not shocked by her kill either. I do wonder (heh) why she lied about her aff role, like alley pointed out, but it doesn't really matter at this point.
Coo is also in my POE at the moment with her slightly erratic interactions/fluff not being followed by any actual gameplay. I do feel her frustrations about not being able to joke on thread though lol.
I agree, I'm just concerned about the too wolfy to be wolf aspect (or the sufficiently wolfy that she's trying to get yeeted to meet a wincon thing that I mentioned yesterday). There are multiple supersaint options available, but the remaining one would be town since Stagg used the wolf one.

I haven't played with Coop before and I don't know what her typical style is - I feel like I'm wanting to yeet her because of the lack of gamesolving, but I don't know if it's a case like kras, who I always want to yeet even when she's not wolfing, just because our playstyles are so different and I have a really hard time reading her correctly as a result. Can anyone who has played with Coop more chime in on whether this is her typical MO? I know Cray had said yesterday that the "I'm so bad at this game" stuff that pinged me was kind of NAI for her.

I cant think of any other explanation than she forgot what her alignment was
Shorty’s right that it doesn’t *really* matter at this point, but I don’t get why she did it. Maybe she did truly forget.

Now that Wonder has flipped town , Coopah's vote and unvote yesterday feels towny rather than scummy tbh

• Hmm
Now that Wonder has flipped town , Coopah's vote and unvote yesterday feels towny rather than scummy tbh
How do you feel about Coop's disengagement with the thread overall? It really grates on me because I want to game solve, but I'd expect scum to be more invested than that.

That is just sorta a general thing. Scum dont really care about who dies on D1 , so they usually wont be the first person to get off of a leading wagon unless its a partner

• Hmm
That is just sorta a general thing. Scum dont really care about who dies on D1 , so they usually wont be the first person to get off of a leading wagon unless its a partner
Right but the argument you’re making then is that you don’t think Coop is Scum simply because Wonder wasn’t. Seems like a big stretch.

I am saying Coop getting off Wonder is a towny action and not a scummy one as I initially thought

I am not sure what to make of her disengagement tbh