Duke-NUS GMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything? ANyone?
Nothing in the mail today..

Members don't see this ad.

4 days to April 7th!

Think they'll be good enough to send out those acceptances before Good Friday?

Nothing here either. Well, if they send out before the Apr 6 deadline, we should get it by Saturday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection letters are out. I got one. Letter was dated March 30th and postmarked 3rd April, signed Robert Kamei.

I received a rejection letter too. So much for all that enthusiasm

Sorry to hear that, zippety and Eloosive. :( I didn't get anything today, but I guess I'm looking at a rejection too. Anyone got an acceptance today?

Sorry to hear that, zippety and Eloosive! =(
Will you guys be reapplying?

I haven't checked my mailbox yet - my postal address is different from where I'm staying now ... I'll try to drop by tomorrow to check, but now I'm scared!!

Acceptances are out too. They come in ~four separate letters. One's from Patrick Casey, the other's from Robert Kamei. One's the admissions package, and the last one's a financial package.

As expected, rejection letter for me =(

Any details on the stats of people who got accepted?

oh dear choklad. really sorry to hear about that. when did you receive it?

i'll pm you the stats of those accepted.

I got in, with a partial bursary!!! After 6 years of dreaming about it, I'm going to be a doctor!!!

The letter was delivered by courier.

I got the acceptance letter today too..no bursury package for me yet..'cuz I sent in the application form late..

For those that didn't get it this time..don't give up..and try again next year..wishing everyone the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, psymedicus & hippo!!
Psymedicus, I knew you were going get it ;)

Thanks everyone for the support the past month. This thread's been really great during the awful waiting period. I wish we were all going to be classmates, but maybe I'll see you, choklad & zippety & Eloosive, next year! Clarlila & Suzie, what about you?

Incidentally, anyone going to retake the MCATs? I have some MCAT books that I can give away, plus soft copy audio osmosis and practise tests.

Surprisingly there is no mail for me yet! So, I guess I have to wait until Saturday for any news...

Hippo, did you also receive your acceptance letters via courier?

The wait seems to be never ending for me!:(

Surprisingly there is no mail for me yet! So, I guess I have to wait until Saturday for any news...

Hippo, did you also receive your acceptance letters via courier?

The wait seems to be never ending for me!:(

Yes, the mail was couriered to me..good luck and hope you'll receive good news!

Congrats, Psymed!

Any idea which courier and how long they'd take to reach Houston, Texas? :) We've got Easter off at the moment and I don't feel like driving down there to see an empty mailbox :/

I got the acceptance letter yesterday. Finally the long wait is over, whew!

hippoc and pschy when did u go for ur interviews? Are we in the same batch of interviewees Nov 28?

For those who are still waiting, good luck!

- It's been a long, and preciousjourney... =)

Congrats, Psymed!

Any idea which courier and how long they'd take to reach Houston, Texas? :) We've got Easter off at the moment and I don't feel like driving down there to see an empty mailbox :/

It was couriered as in delivered by hand. No stamp. I guess since they took the trouble to get it couriered in SIngapore, where mail takes 1 day, they'd probably send any overseas acceptances by Fedex/UPS etc. :luck:

I got the acceptance letter yesterday. Finally the long wait is over, whew!

hippoc and pschy when did u go for ur interviews? Are we in the same batch of interviewees Nov 28?

For those who are still waiting, good luck!

- It's been a long, and preciousjourney... =)

Congrats precious! Mine was the last interview batch, on March 9th.

Hey.. Congrats to all that got in. I just got my acceptance letter yesterday too. Am extremely happy!! Those that didnt get accepted, dont be demoralised and try again next year!!

Hey.. Congrats to all that got in. I just got my acceptance letter yesterday too. Am extremely happy!! Those that didnt get accepted, dont be demoralised and try again next year!!

Congrats estatica and welcome aboard :)

Hey, seems like SDNers have been doing quite well. Between us, we make up 16% of the class already.

congrates to the lucky ones!! (well, i know lucky isn't appropriate here. you deserve it! =P)

anybody else out there hasn't received anything besides suzie and I???

the torture worsens when nearly everyone i know at least got sth...

I just want a closure....

lol I kinda wish I knew about this earlier...I'm somewhat tempted to up and move to Singapore (seriously, I already speak both English and Mandarin, and my family is also originally from Fujian province the same place the majority of Chinese people in Singapore claim their heritage from). Plus, Singapore has a lot of government policies that I could swear I thought up when I was 16 (this is both good and bad :laugh:).

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make more money here in the US.

I'm from the March 9th interviewee batch. Anyone else from there??

I'm from the March 9th interviewee batch. Anyone else from there??

Me too!!! I had close to given up hope of meeting here who was from the March 9th interview batch. Seems like everyone was from the earlier batches..:laugh:

hehe..our batch was pretty small but made up of really nice and friendly people. I wonder who else got in.

Hi people,

I got an acceptance letter today!:)

Am really eager to join the school and begin the exciting journey to become a doctor.:)

Congratulations to those people who were accepted! I am looking forward to meeting you all!

The period of waiting for the offer was quite a trying time for me and I can empathize with those for whom the news was not good. However, you never know what factor actually weighs heavily in your favour or against you, so in case some of you decide to reapply next year, all the best for the entire process!

It might be a trying process, but the prize at the end is certainly worth going through it all!

Hi, I was thinking of starting an email group for those in our class, the Duke-NUS GMS class of 2011. I thought it'd be a good opportunity to exchange ideas, thoughts etc since nobody knows what to expect. PM me your email address if you want to join. Those who're planning to apply next year are also welcome!

Hi people,

I got an acceptance letter today!:)

Am really eager to join the school and begin the exciting journey to become a doctor.:)

Congratulations to those people who were accepted! I am looking forward to meeting you all!

The period of waiting for the offer was quite a trying time for me and I can empathize with those for whom the news was not good. However, you never know what factor actually weighs heavily in your favour or against you, so in case some of you decide to reapply next year, all the best for the entire process!

It might be a trying process, but the prize at the end is certainly worth going through it all!

Congrats, suzie..looking forward to meeting another fellow classmate! :)

Hi, I was thinking of starting an email group for those in our class, the Duke-NUS GMS class of 2011. I thought it'd be a good opportunity to exchange ideas, thoughts etc since nobody knows what to expect. PM me your email address if you want to join. Those who're planning to apply next year are also welcome!

That's a great idea, psymedicus..I'll PM you my email addy..

Psymedicus, I wld b applying next yr.. I'll PM u my email add

Congratulation to those who get accepted!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Could you share some experience with us who are going to apply? What is most important in application? MCAT, how much MCAT is enough? 30 or 35? CAP? interview? recommended letter?

Congratulation!!!

Hi, psymedicus, I am applying next year. Could I join this group? thanks!

Hi everyone! I was also accepted to the GMS and look forward to talking with all of you and joining the email network. Congrats to everyone!

Hi guys. First time here at SDN. I heard about this from another applicant. I got accepted too, having received my letter last Thursday. I'm very happy.

Though I'm still suffering from thesis-writing and trying to finish undergrad in about 4 weeks time.

Congrats, plato17 and mangochicken! Looking forward to meeting up with you guys soon..:)

Yep, Congraduations Plato17 and Mangochicken.

Look forward to seeing u too.

Hi MangoChicken- are u from NUS USP too? Did u have ur interview on the 28th Nov as well? I think we might have met.

Would anyone like to organise lunch or dinner for future classmates here soon? Guess it will be quite cool for us to meet up b4 class starts = )

Ps. Anyone knows what we are supposed to do abt the HepB screening thing?

Cheers,
preciousjourney

Go to the UHS at YIH (at least, that's where it was in 2005) and have them test your blood for HepB antibodies. If you know you've never been vaccinated, get the Twinrix shots. It's S$70 for three shots, one right away, and the other two after 1 and 6 months :)

Get it done while you're still covered by NUS' student health policy or they'll charge more :)

Nope, I'm not from USP (though I would have loved the perks of assured accommodation hahaha) and I was interviewd on the 11th January. Anyone else from that interview date?

Wow, its really cool so many people who are accepted are here now!

I have also been accepted in GMS. Hi everyone!:)

Hi!
I never knew about this forum till today... I wish I'd known about the application one it would've been great to have people to talk to during that whole horrible process!
I got accepted too :) ! Really looking forward to meeting everyone else. And yep, lunch or something before school starts sounds like a good idea. I was in the March 2nd interview batch... anyone?

Welcome and congrats, ruixi and joannie!

Joannie, I wasn't aware of a March 2nd interview group, but I was from the March 9th interview group, if that helps..:laugh:

Rejected with a 35S and a 3.9 GPA from Rice University. Y'all must be f*cking smart!

Sorry to hear that, danierrr. :( Maybe you might have been a bit screwed over by the Duke interviewers - they probably had higher standards than the local ones? How are your other schools pending out?

Status
Not open for further replies.