♪ ♫ Every Day I'm Shufflin' WW Game Thread ♫ ♪

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yeaaah so this is the second time I've attempted an item that supplies abilities in a game; my first go was CampWWorld, and it was similarly not... that effective. I tried to revise slightly by guaranteeing that it would go to a villager first with the mayor vote (last time we ended up with a wolf affiliation seer), and editing slightly in that Ny could give herself an ability, while subsequent people had to give others abilities. It didn't work that well lol. Maybe give up on this idea going forward. 😛
I could see this mechanic working with some creative tweaking. This is just thinking out loud, but you could draw up a set of abilities you'd like to have come into the game at certain times and give a player a choice between two and then they can select a player to bestow it upon. Might help with balance. Could also tweak said ability if bestowed player is a wolf so OP wolves aren't developed.

Sort of like:
You may choose any player you'd like and make them either a) an affiliation seer or b) a tracker.

You could also possibly approach it D&D style - make a player pick another player's name and a number between 1-20. Each number associated with a random ability that is then given to the player named. The person picking doesn't even necessarily have to know what they're doing so it could also help prevent wolves from giving an arbitrarily strong ability to someone else in their pack or something.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I could see this mechanic working with some creative tweaking. This is just thinking out loud, but you could draw up a set of abilities you'd like to have come into the game at certain times and give a player a choice between two and then they can select a player to bestow it upon. Might help with balance. Could also tweak said ability if bestowed player is a wolf so OP wolves aren't developed.

Sort of like:
You may choose any player you'd like and make them either a) an affiliation seer or b) a tracker.

You could also possibly approach it D&D style - make a player pick another player's name and a number between 1-20. Each number associated with a random ability that is then given to the player named. The person picking doesn't even necessarily have to know what they're doing so it could also help prevent wolves from giving an arbitrarily strong ability to someone else in their pack or something.
This would be really cool
 
@genny shouldn't feel so bad, since I never managed to use the double vote in any way against village, and just because I was PM'ing so closely with you for village cred, never would have used it against village for the most part
 
I could see this mechanic working with some creative tweaking. This is just thinking out loud, but you could draw up a set of abilities you'd like to have come into the game at certain times and give a player a choice between two and then they can select a player to bestow it upon. Might help with balance. Could also tweak said ability if bestowed player is a wolf so OP wolves aren't developed.

Sort of like:
You may choose any player you'd like and make them either a) an affiliation seer or b) a tracker.

You could also possibly approach it D&D style - make a player pick another player's name and a number between 1-20. Each number associated with a random ability that is then given to the player named. The person picking doesn't even necessarily have to know what they're doing so it could also help prevent wolves from giving an arbitrarily strong ability to someone else in their pack or something.
toooooo muuuuuuch effort for a thrown together game lol. I think a lot of the fun is that it's depending on a person's intuition and creativity. If things are pre-made, why not just hand them out at the beginning, yanno?

FWIW, last time was completely different. Three people in a row tried to give themselves affiliation seering, then the next two tried trackers, then it died with someone. Kind of... opposite problem lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@genny shouldn't feel so bad, since I never managed to use the double vote in any way against village, and just because I was PM'ing so closely with you for village cred, never would have used it against village for the most part
I do not feel bad in the slightest about giving a wolfy ability to a wolf.
 
@Trilt - just a suggestion if you do the "item gives ability" thing again, maybe have it RNG to who it goes to next, because once a wolf gets it, they can keep it amongst wolves the rest of the game unless one of them in lynched while they have it.
There were measures in place to stop this from happening. 🙂
 
Tbh first one would be a great Choose Your Own Adventure WW and second would be a great part of a D&D WW game
I definitely have considered this before...
Choose-your-own-adventure style Problem Sleuth game!? 😱

...but I could barely do this light of a game between traveling and getting sick af this week. Complex games are not going to happen from me anymore, I think.
 
I could see this mechanic working with some creative tweaking. This is just thinking out loud, but you could draw up a set of abilities you'd like to have come into the game at certain times and give a player a choice between two and then they can select a player to bestow it upon. Might help with balance. Could also tweak said ability if bestowed player is a wolf so OP wolves aren't developed.

Sort of like:
You may choose any player you'd like and make them either a) an affiliation seer or b) a tracker.

You could also possibly approach it D&D style - make a player pick another player's name and a number between 1-20. Each number associated with a random ability that is then given to the player named. The person picking doesn't even necessarily have to know what they're doing so it could also help prevent wolves from giving an arbitrarily strong ability to someone else in their pack or something.
I was terrified the item would be different abilities depending on affiliation of the recipient, so that the giver would know wolf vs village if the receiver admitted or used the ability.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
 
Pretty sure I win the Worst Villager award for this game. You had a lot of competition though, so many choices for bad villaging.
We didn't lynch any wolves, that makes us all bad 😛

Though I didn't even vote for any so I will take that crown thank you very much.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe it's just my opinion but villagers doing **** that makes themselves or other villagers look sketchy is always counterproductive for me. Because you just end up making your fellow villagers distrust you. So sure you'll maybe get out of being night killed, but you'll just get lynched instead, and that's worse. It muddies the communication between villagers and decreases the chance that we'll be able to find each other and work together. If I can't accurately build a village list there's usually no way in hell I'm accurately narrowing down my wolf list.

Rest assured that if I ever seem sketchy when I'm village (which is always these days, i guess) it is not intentional, I'm just worse at being a clear villager than I used to be 🙄
 
Maybe it's just my opinion but villagers doing **** that makes themselves or other villagers look sketchy is always counterproductive for me. Because you just end up making your fellow villagers distrust you. So sure you'll maybe get out of being night killed, but you'll just get lynched instead, and that's worse. It muddies the communication between villagers and decreases the chance that we'll be able to find each other and work together. If I can't accurately build a village list there's usually no way in hell I'm accurately narrowing down my wolf list.

Rest assured that if I ever seem sketchy when I'm village (which is always these days, i guess) it is not intentional, I'm just worse at being a clear villager than I used to be 🙄

I just wanted a set of people to trust throughout lylo.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay guys, I am forgetting that days 1,2, and 4 happened, and just going to pretend day three was the only one for me. I was 2 for 2 on my wolves, yahhooooo 😉 😛
I'll just forget this whole game happened then