♪ ♫ Every Day I'm Shufflin' WW Game Thread ♫ ♪

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y'all know how much I appreciate good wolf play so like, I ain't even mad. I'm pretty amused that my "omg can you imagine" list was mostly wolves.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Yeaaah so this is the second time I've attempted an item that supplies abilities in a game; my first go was CampWWorld, and it was similarly not... that effective. I tried to revise slightly by guaranteeing that it would go to a villager first with the mayor vote (last time we ended up with a wolf affiliation seer), and editing slightly in that Ny could give herself an ability, while subsequent people had to give others abilities. It didn't work that well lol. Maybe give up on this idea going forward. :p
I could see this mechanic working with some creative tweaking. This is just thinking out loud, but you could draw up a set of abilities you'd like to have come into the game at certain times and give a player a choice between two and then they can select a player to bestow it upon. Might help with balance. Could also tweak said ability if bestowed player is a wolf so OP wolves aren't developed.

Sort of like:
You may choose any player you'd like and make them either a) an affiliation seer or b) a tracker.

You could also possibly approach it D&D style - make a player pick another player's name and a number between 1-20. Each number associated with a random ability that is then given to the player named. The person picking doesn't even necessarily have to know what they're doing so it could also help prevent wolves from giving an arbitrarily strong ability to someone else in their pack or something.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Like I said at the beginning of the game, it had nothing to do with you losing your $hit. This game just wasn't your village play at all.

I'd like to know what you mean by this, mostly because I think I need to figure out my village play better if I'm going to try harder to improve it.

I could see this mechanic working with some creative tweaking. This is just thinking out loud, but you could draw up a set of abilities you'd like to have come into the game at certain times and give a player a choice between two and then they can select a player to bestow it upon. Might help with balance. Could also tweak said ability if bestowed player is a wolf so OP wolves aren't developed.

Sort of like:
You may choose any player you'd like and make them either a) an affiliation seer or b) a tracker.

You could also possibly approach it D&D style - make a player pick another player's name and a number between 1-20. Each number associated with a random ability that is then given to the player named. The person picking doesn't even necessarily have to know what they're doing so it could also help prevent wolves from giving an arbitrarily strong ability to someone else in their pack or something.
This would be really cool

Reactions: 1 user
@genny shouldn't feel so bad, since I never managed to use the double vote in any way against village, and just because I was PM'ing so closely with you for village cred, never would have used it against village for the most part

Members don't see this ad :)

Sort of like:

toooooo muuuuuuch effort for a thrown together game lol. I think a lot of the fun is that it's depending on a person's intuition and creativity. If things are pre-made, why not just hand them out at the beginning, yanno?

FWIW, last time was completely different. Three people in a row tried to give themselves affiliation seering, then the next two tried trackers, then it died with someone. Kind of... opposite problem lol.

Reactions: 1 users
@genny shouldn't feel so bad, since I never managed to use the double vote in any way against village, and just because I was PM'ing so closely with you for village cred, never would have used it against village for the most part
I do not feel bad in the slightest about giving a wolfy ability to a wolf.

Reactions: 2 users
@Trilt - just a suggestion if you do the "item gives ability" thing again, maybe have it RNG to who it goes to next, because once a wolf gets it, they can keep it amongst wolves the rest of the game unless one of them in lynched while they have it.
There were measures in place to stop this from happening. :)

I liked how this game was mechanics/abilities light, because I was able to keep up for once, and the game relied a lot more on deceit in the threads and PM'ing

I do not feel bad in the slightest about giving a wolfy ability to a wolf.

LOL, I wondered about that. I figured it gave you control over the vote as I was your puppet, or you could sink me at any time as a wolf. Clever I thought. Gave me enough rope to hang myself with, and you had your foot on the stool.

Tbh first one would be a great Choose Your Own Adventure WW and second would be a great part of a D&D WW game
I definitely have considered this before...
Choose-your-own-adventure style Problem Sleuth game!? :eek:

...but I could barely do this light of a game between traveling and getting sick af this week. Complex games are not going to happen from me anymore, I think.

Who decided to kill me last night? Just curious for your reasoning, because I was already playing a terrible villager, haha.
Probably pippy so she could set up the argument that STL would have done it lol

Reactions: 2 users

Sort of like:

I was terrified the item would be different abilities depending on affiliation of the recipient, so that the giver would know wolf vs village if the receiver admitted or used the ability.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile

Pretty sure I win the Worst Villager award for this game. You had a lot of competition though, so many choices for bad villaging.
We didn't lynch any wolves, that makes us all bad :p

Though I didn't even vote for any so I will take that crown thank you very much.

We didn't lynch any wolves, that makes us all bad :p

Though I didn't even vote for any so I will take that crown thank you very much.
Yeah, but I saved a wolf from lynch day 2 AND gave her the ability to steal votes. You may not have voted for wolves, but at least you weren't actively helping them out, lol.

I did have that moment of transient suspicion of LIS for his weird support of STL d1. And had Paws on my early reads list. But I think that's about it...

I'm trying to find anything to make me feel a little better about myself.

Does making a (mostly) fake sketch list for wolf bait and never clarifying it or shading everyone you trust count as bad village strategy?

Maybe it's just my opinion but villagers doing **** that makes themselves or other villagers look sketchy is always counterproductive for me. Because you just end up making your fellow villagers distrust you. So sure you'll maybe get out of being night killed, but you'll just get lynched instead, and that's worse. It muddies the communication between villagers and decreases the chance that we'll be able to find each other and work together. If I can't accurately build a village list there's usually no way in hell I'm accurately narrowing down my wolf list.

Rest assured that if I ever seem sketchy when I'm village (which is always these days, i guess) it is not intentional, I'm just worse at being a clear villager than I used to be :rolleyes:

And here I thought you were just being villagey AM

Kinda? Except I probably annoyed the heck out of dds. I just wanted him to say something about why he wasn't talking to Paws in the PMs. I know he's open with villagers.

Maybe it's just my opinion but villagers doing **** that makes themselves or other villagers look sketchy is always counterproductive for me. Because you just end up making your fellow villagers distrust you. So sure you'll maybe get out of being night killed, but you'll just get lynched instead, and that's worse. It muddies the communication between villagers and decreases the chance that we'll be able to find each other and work together. If I can't accurately build a village list there's usually no way in hell I'm accurately narrowing down my wolf list.

Rest assured that if I ever seem sketchy when I'm village (which is always these days, i guess) it is not intentional, I'm just worse at being a clear villager than I used to be :rolleyes:

I just wanted a set of people to trust throughout lylo.

How'd that work out for you :p

Idk, I think the need for openness and honesty increases the closer you get to an endgame situation

Okaaaayyyy. Part of that involved Paws coming back when she was tagged.

Okay guys, I am forgetting that days 1,2, and 4 happened, and just going to pretend day three was the only one for me. I was 2 for 2 on my wolves, yahhooooo ;) :p

Okay guys, I am forgetting that days 1,2, and 4 happened, and just going to pretend day three was the only one for me. I was 2 for 2 on my wolves, yahhooooo ;) :p
I'll just forget this whole game happened then