LECOM alternate list

is there anybody who knows how to find the ID for Lecom portal?
There was only forgot password but no forgot ID so..

Members don't see this ad.

search your email for lecom. It should be in your interview invite email.

I called Monday to accept the alternate position--but no update of my status so far :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I called Monday to accept the alternate position--but no update of my status so far :confused:

Is your status blank or does it say "A decision was made on your application. You will receive a letter within 30 days."???

Last edited:
Is your status blank or does it say "A decision was made on your application. You will receive a letter within 30 days."???

But either way, it took a couple days for my status to reflect that I accepted the alternate spot :)

It's not blank unfortunately---it says "a decision was made......."

I'm sure I'm just overanxious AKA freaking out!!!!:laugh:

She updated mine right there and it took maybe a couple seconds.

lol I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this feeling! :D

How do you fellow alternates see January playing out? The "priority" get their offers and then we have to wait another month or would they start picking people of the alternate list 5,10 or maybe 20 a time at that point?

How do you fellow alternates see January playing out? The "priority" get their offers and then we have to wait another month or would they start picking people of the alternate list 5,10 or maybe 20 a time at that point?

FWIW, my best guess would be
20 invites towards the end of December or very early January
10 invites every couple of weeks from January through April
5 invites every couple of weeks from April to June

(actually have no idea but that would be my plan if I were doing it)

How many do you think will accept from the initial 100? 35-40?

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the 35.

They still have about 200 or so more applicants to interview for post-december. How many acceptances do you think will come from them?

So will they end up with 530 interviewees total? That seems like A LOT

So will they end up with 530 interviewees total? That seems like A LOT

I think they will most likely end up with around 560-575 interviewees total based on the history of when new schools opened. For instance, MWU-AZ interviewed 570 people for 110 seats for the class of 2009 based on the Official ADEA 2010 statistics. :) Oh, and then MWU-AZ accepted 213 people total for that year.

I agree with the 35.

They still have about 200 or so more applicants to interview for post-december. How many acceptances do you think will come from them?

I think a majority of those will decline the interview offer. But yea we are competing with a lot of people.

I think they will most likely end up with around 560-575 interviewees total based on the history of when new schools opened. For instance, MWU-AZ interviewed 570 people for 110 seats for the class of 2009 based on the Official ADEA 2010 statistics. :) Oh, and then MWU-AZ accepted 213 people total for that year.

Is that how many interview invites were sent or the number who actually interviewed?

It looks like it is the number that interviewed. Sh***y. Better start revamping my app...If their dental school will be anything like the med school app when it first opened, they took about 70% off their WL to fill a class of 150. That includes accepted pending open seat people I think which would be our priority people.

Why even interview us when they know we wont be a first round acceptance?

Wow 70% is a lot. There' still hope for us buddy. It's only been 6 days since Dec. 1 :) Keep our heads up.

Wow 70% is a lot. There' still hope for us buddy. It's only been 6 days since Dec. 1 :) Keep our heads up.

That's all?! :eek: It feels like months lol. I just keep thinking of Dumb and Dumber "So you're telling me there's still a chance". Yea I guess there were 150ish on the list but who knows how many are on ours. I just like hearing people decline, decline, decline.

lol, I know... it feels like months! But nope, only 6 days :)

Last edited:
Do you have that for Western?

Oh nooo all I have is what is in that PDF file. It's NR (not reported) for Western. I'm planning to purchase the newest addition when it comes out in February though. :)

I just wanted to see the data for Western when they opened.

lol, I know... it feels like months! But nope, only 6 days :)

I'd be interested to hear if anyone got rejected post-interview OR if there's anyone who doesn't have any status (like a blank status that represents LECOM doesn't know what to do with them except to keep them in the active pool for the time being?)

The only people they will flat out reject are international students, but you're probably right about keeping everyone else in the the active pool. I would at least. I wondering when they will rank the list if at all? It is odd that they wouldn't update with a "accepted pending open seat" status like they do with their med and pharm programs but they have been full of surprises and I believe the priority list statement. I have no reason not to believe it.

i've been meaning to tell you - i love the picture little buddy. i'm a big green bay fan myself.

This is from last years DO thread: "Ok I received a response from LECOM today and this is what I was told: they won't be reviewing us again until late May. There are usually about 100 alternates and around 40-50 are accepted from it. Its good news I'd say a nearly 50% chance isn't bad although it doesn't make it any easier to plan this coming fall haha"

But this is after 3 years of top board pass rate. Before they were taking over 70 from that list.

so just replace May with January and February then right?
.... Because LECOM is offering more then ...

Yep. The good news is we will know who has accepted the alternate position in nine days!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info buddy :)

Last edited:
Yea I am thinking about he academic update and having another LOR sent in. Can you imagine being selected a week before school?

I would still go if I was accepted a week before lol

I've read in the DO thread that there were some who actually were accepted in like August/July... I'd be grateful but... moving would be like wow. lol

Last edited:
so just replace May with January and February then right?
.... Because LECOM is offering more then ...

I believe May is significant for Med because that's when those with multiple MD offers need to choose which opens seats at DO programs. So yea, their May is our January. I would think that offers to the priority applicants would be sent out late Dec. early Jan. with alternate offers mid to late Jan.

Yea, I'm for sure using the academic update. I'm just waiting for classes to finish in a couple weeks :) I've read in the DO thread that there were some who actually were accepted in like August/July... I'd be grateful but... moving would be like wow. lol

Yea I can't imagine how that works out. Where would you stay? Can you really get a 400k loan in a day? I would also accept but man life would really suck for those first few weeks. It would be a mix of overwhelming joy and anger lol.

We could be future classmates buddy! :D We've been through a lot together lol

Not yet... but like the saying goes... "no news is good news" :)

Last edited:
not to rain on y'alls parade, but could you keep this thread a little more on topic

This thread functions as a support thread as well.

Read this thread about LOI. I hope that's not the case..... But what do you think?

Last edited:
Too late, it might be true, it might not but gauging from what those did to get off the pharm and med list at LECOM, not some other school, worked. They also did the academic update, sent in another LOR.

Ask the admissions counselor at your school if showing interests in a LOI is bad thing. They usually suggest it along with updating any other activities since mid summer.

Whats the difference between alternate who express zero interest and play it "too cool for your school" or those who say "Hey this is why I chose to apply to your school and what I will bring to class". Desperate? Some might thing so, but not expressing any interest at this point is also a turn off in my book. I know some like the "hard to get" thing but I think LECOM wants students who really want to go there and say it.

I'm not too desperate to drop 350K on school for an awesome career when I could use my degree and make 70k in May, but it would be pretty neat.

Last edited: