Ohio State c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I-O!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
*popcorn*
Step up your popcorn game Sinbug, use a gif like a refined person. ;)

5s4kkZ1.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Wait, I just realized in my email they TOTALLY misspelled congratulations... "CONGRATUALTIONS." Guess they were super excited for these acceptances lmao

Oh I'm sorry did you SEE their bowl game?????????????
We had our two best players out and didn't get a shutout.

Also, if they didn't have the refs in their pocket, the outcome of the UMich osu game in November would have been a lot different.

cry harder baby.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted OOS! Interviewed on 1/21

I feel super conflicted! A part of me wishes I didn't get accepted so my decision would be easier lol
I was super impressed with the campus, students, and curriculum when I visited. I didn't expect to like it nearly as much as I do right now and I actually like it just as much if not more than my IS school (A&M). Looks like I'll have a hard decision to make!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

I feel super conflicted! A part of me wishes I didn't get accepted so my choice would be easier lol
I was super impressed with the campus, students, and curriculum when I visited. I didn't expect to like it nearly as much as I do right now and I actually like it just as much if not more than my IS school (A&M). Looks like I'll have a hard decision to make!

Which is cheaper

Reactions: 1 user
Which is cheaper
A&M by far. I'm also strongly considering RVC, which is comparable in overall cost to OSU.

And I know I'll be shot for saying this, but I'm conflicted more about environment and experience than with cost. Ohio State has a huge small animal caseload and Columbus is definitely a city I would feel comfortable living in. Visiting College Station only confirmed that I would probably be miserable living there...

A&M by far. I'm also strongly considering RVC, which is comparable in overall cost to OSU.

And I know I'll be shot for saying this, but I'm conflicted more about environment and experience than with cost. Ohio State has a huge small animal caseload and Columbus is definitely a city I would feel comfortable living in. Visiting College Station only confirmed that I would probably be miserable living there...
You'd thank yourself in the future when you have less debt though. And less interest on that debt. But ultimately, it's up to you and is your money and future

Reactions: 3 users
I'm a little late posting, but accepted OOS! :) Interviewed 1/6

Congrats to everyone who was accepted yesterday!! I'm a current 2nd year and I'm happy to answer any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

31-0 is impressive. Almost as impressive as 7 national titles vs 2 national titles

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also hope my Niners don't draft deshaun Watson cause I think he's going to be an NFL bust. Mike Williams on the other hand...

Enjoy your first round QB

31-0 is impressive. Almost as impressive as 7 national titles vs 2 national titles

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also hope my Niners don't draft deshaun Watson cause I think he's going to be an NFL bust. Mike Williams on the other hand...

Haven't been paying attention to cfb until college so as long as I've been watching, Clemson has beat OSU twice.

Baeshaun has his two minute drill down but he needs some work. A diamond in the rough.

Also WRU. Nuff said

Hi excuse you Michigan is the winningest college football program in history

(I know you were comparing to Clemson, but point still stands)

No ones talking about Michigan otter shhhh shhhh

Geeze what did I start with my Michigan comment haha

I called and they said everyone would find out by the 28th. Besides that it looks like those that were accepted interviewed earlier

Thanks for calling. Do you know if they are sending out another wave of acceptances?

I feel super conflicted! A part of me wishes I didn't get accepted so my decision would be easier lol

Congrats! You got into RVC too, right? RVC vs. OSU is going to be a tough decision.

Congrats! You got into RVC too, right? RVC vs. OSU is going to be a tough decision.

Yup! A&M, RVC, and Ohio State are the three schools I'm debating between. Of course, I'm still waiting on A&M's decision, so I may not even get in there.

It's definitely a really hard decision. :dead:

Yup! A&M, RVC, and Ohio State are the three schools I'm debating between. Of course, I'm still waiting on A&M's decision, so I may not even get in there.

It's definitely a really hard decision. :dead:

Yeah for me it's RVC, Glasgow, and OSU, but really it's more between RVC and OSU since Glasgow is 5 years. I love both programs and I know I'd be happy either way, but I love the idea of living in another country and the unique opportunities at RVC, yet I love the student community at OSU, and how the university supports its students. I'm very grateful to have a choice, but it's quite a hard choice!

LoL this thread.

Anyways, congrats to everyone! And now, please relax and enjoy these few months leading up to vet school. Once you're here, it gets crazy.

Oh, and does anyone know how scholarships work? I remember them saying at the interview that acceptances and scholarships will be sent at the same time, but in that case I didn't get anything, including loans (which can't be right).

Oh, and does anyone know how scholarships work? I remember them saying at the interview that acceptances and scholarships will be sent at the same time, but in that case I didn't get anything, including loans (which can't be right).
I think they meant when you get you offical acceptance mailed to your house that's when they tell you what you got approved for but I could have mis interrupted I do not know. I keep checking my buckeyelink in the finical aid section and I do not have anything posted either. So I don't think it's ready yet

Financial aid packages won't be ready until the end of June according to the presentation on the "Incoming Students" page. I suspect most college specific scholarships will also be awarded at that time (unless it's some kind of recruitment scholarship which you would be offered at acceptance).

Keep in mind there are scholarships that are disbursed through the vet college and then there are scholarships that get disbursed through the university which have a completely separate application process.

Financial aid packages won't be ready until the end of June according to the presentation on the "Incoming Students" page. I suspect most college specific scholarships will also be awarded at that time (unless it's some kind of recruitment scholarship which you would be offered at acceptance).

Keep in mind there are scholarships that are disbursed through the vet college and then there are scholarships that get disbursed through the university which have a completely separate application process.
I hope I signed up for the right ones... didnt they say if you applied your application would be submitted through all of there scholarship opportunities? This stuff is easy to mix up, I mean I know they purposefully make some of this confusing but ahh!

I hope I signed up for the right ones... didnt they say if you applied your application would be submitted through all of there scholarship opportunities? This stuff is easy to mix up, I mean I know they purposefully make some of this confusing but ahh!
IMG_0956.PNG
I went online and saw this so if we have to accept by early June I would suppose we should know before then.. like I said I don't know I'm just trying to connect the dots

I got the news that I received a scholarship on Friday (I got my acceptance in January) so at least some of those went out. I'm not sure if other people may get some later or not but there was no other financial information in the email, just my scholarship amount and some information about it

I believe you are automatically considered for whatever scholarships are controlled through the vet school and which are available to first year students. I am fairly certain that you have to complete a separate application to be considered for any university wide scholarships through the OSU Student Financial Aid office.

OSU will send an "acceptance scholarship" to a select few of the incoming class (I think it's around 10K). If you want to apply to any scholarships inside the vet school, there will be an application that opens in December (or at the end of your first semester). You can apply to any outside scholarships, but you must report them as external financial aid (or something along those lines).

If you're an OOS, you will pretty much have to survive with the loan you have to take out to cover your first year.

I received an email on Friday awarding me a scholarship! But I also received my acceptance call from OSU fairly early in January!

Reactions: 1 users