Ohio State c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh my god guys. I never thought this day would actually come. I'M GOING TO BE A BUCKEYE. This is absolutely surreal.:biglove:

EDIT: OOS, Interviewed 1/6

Congrats 3m! See you in the fall (you just might have to wander the clinic to see me)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they will be sending any more acceptances? Or did they just send all of them on Friday? Seems like the majority of people found out that day. Feeling discouraged. I absolutely love this school, and its where I truly wanted to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they will be sending any more acceptances? Or did they just send all of them on Friday? Seems like the majority of people found out that day. Feeling discouraged. I absolutely love this school, and its where I truly wanted to go.

There might be another wave or two of e-mailed acceptances. Then the waitlist notifications will go out in the next couple of weeks. Around the same time more rejections will go out. You shouldn't feel discouraged just yet. Lots can still happen before April 15th.

I'd say there's good reason to remain hopeful. The survey email said most decisions would be made from February through March so another wave of acceptances may very well be coming!

Just paid my deposit:) See ya in the Fall guys!

Reactions: 13 users
Feeling the same way :(

I remember someone saying on here that bbus routes will be changing in may ! I cant seem to find where, if you see this was it about cabs or cota (or both) I found a 1 bedroom off the 82 (and 84) bus routes but im not sure if its still a safe bet if the stops change

I called and they said everyone would find out by the 28th. Besides that it looks like those that were accepted interviewed earlier
for the people still waiting to hear I remembered someone called and asked

for the people still waiting to hear I remembered someone called and asked

So all they said is that everyone would know by the 28th. I was gonna call again because they tend to give different answers. It's honestly killing me how long they are taking

I remember someone saying on here that bbus routes will be changing in may ! I cant seem to find where, if you see this was it about cabs or cota (or both) I found a 1 bedroom off the 82 (and 84) bus routes but im not sure if its still a safe bet if the stops change

Yes. The Transit System Redesign launches in May. (I dropped the link in. It has a map you can use to see which buses will service the address you're looking at.)

It will only affect COTA.

For those who have not heard anything yet - do we think at this point we will be notified of waitlist or decline, or is there still hope to be accepted by the 28?

I still have hope because they only accepted from the first 4 interview days. Only a few were from the 28th

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have not heard anything yet - do we think at this point we will be notified of waitlist or decline, or is there still hope to be accepted by the 28?
I have minimal hope, only because A LOT of the acceptances were OOS students.. Or at least the ones who posted were mostly OOS. I also spoke with a first year that said some acceptances will go out after the bulk did on Friday, though I do not know how true that is. Crossing my fingers for everyone! (and myself)

Hi guys! I know I'm late but I wanted to say congrats to everyone who was accepted! I'm a current first year here at OSU and I can answer any questions you might have :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys! I know I'm late but I wanted to say congrats to everyone who was accepted! I'm a current first year here at OSU and I can answer any questions you might have :)

Hiii! Super random question, but does OSU have a dress code? Also is there a place that we can buy vet school apparel because I am so pumped :))))))

Reactions: 1 users
I have minimal hope, only because A LOT of the acceptances were OOS students.. Or at least the ones who posted were mostly OOS. I also spoke with a first year that said some acceptances will go out after the bulk did on Friday, though I do not know how true that is. Crossing my fingers for everyone! (and myself)

I called and it sounds like they are sending more acceptances but the admission counselor wasn't 100% sure. All she said was that all admission decisions will be sent out by February 28th. This wait is torture :/

I called and it sounds like they are sending more acceptances but the admission counselor wasn't 100% sure. All she said was that all admission decisions will be sent out by February 28th. This wait is torture :/
Thanks for the update!

Yes. The Transit System Redesign launches in May. (I dropped the link in. It has a map you can use to see which buses will service the address you're looking at.)

It will only affect COTA.

Thanks. i tried finding this page by myself on the cota website and failed miserably lol .
it seems like it changes often so picking an apartment on the line might still fail in the end but alas i have no other means of trasnportation so if i have to walk a little further than so be it.

Hiii! Super random question, but does OSU have a dress code? Also is there a place that we can buy vet school apparel because I am so pumped :))))))

There is not a dress code (thank goodness!). They just tell us to make sure not to show up in pajamas. You will definitely need some scrubs and rain boots/muck boots for anatomy lab though. There are lots of chances to get "vet school apparel" throughout the year. There is an event during orientation where all of the clubs sell their merchandise, as well as another big sale around Christmas. I have already obtained a jacket, sweatshirt, and 3 t-shirts :unsure:.

If you are in Ohio, try contacting "OSU SCAVMA Merchandise" through their Facebook page. I got a nice jacket from them last year in the spring (right after I got my acceptance as a 4th year undergrad)

Sorry for stealing your thunder LylaBelle2. Just saw the post and thought I would help out :)

There is not a dress code (thank goodness!). They just tell us to make sure not to show up in pajamas. You will definitely need some scrubs and rain boots/muck boots for anatomy lab though. There are lots of chances to get "vet school apparel" throughout the year. There is an event during orientation where all of the clubs sell their merchandise, as well as another big sale around Christmas. I have already obtained a jacket, sweatshirt, and 3 t-shirts :unsure:.

If you are in Ohio, try contacting "OSU SCAVMA Merchandise" through their Facebook page. I got a nice jacket from them last year in the spring (right after I got my acceptance as a 4th year undergrad)

Sorry for stealing your thunder LylaBelle2. Just saw the post and thought I would help out :)

scrubs are ok for anatomy lab ? and do we need coveralls (im assuming for large animal) ? i know there is time to figure this out but i am the type of person who needs to plan things way advance lol

scrubs are ok for anatomy lab ? and do we need coveralls (im assuming for large animal) ? i know there is time to figure this out but i am the type of person who needs to plan things way advance lol
Yes, you can wear any type or color of scrubs you want for anatomy lab. They're going to get gross, so I went with the cheapest I could find and plan to toss them after the year is done. Most people are still wearing scrubs for equine anatomy too. Unless you mean for live large animal experience...

I keep getting emails from OSU since I paid my deposit and it keeps making me smile.

That is all.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I keep getting emails from OSU since I paid my deposit and it keeps making me smile.

Thanks is all.:D

Literally highlight of my day was getting set up with my own email lol

See, the great thing about your @buckeyemail.osu.edu account is that you can keep it after you graduate.

I need orientation to come already so I can buy vet specific gear already lol. I already have a workout long sleeve, and a hoodie/hat on the way, but they don't say anything about vet med on them!

I'll be at MVC all weekend...and the vet students always have a student apparel sale. Be jealous haha

I'll be at MVC all weekend...and the vet students always have a student apparel sale. Be jealous haha
Btw as a first year, they really want you to attend MVC, so they give you a Friday off to go! I'll be there!

Btw as a first year, they really want you to attend MVC, so they give you a Friday off to go! I'll be there!

I remember Dr. Lord saying that. I've gone every single year while I've been in undergrad. My boss is super awesome and always takes me with. MVC is a good time!

I was at the MVC all day, every day last year. Now I work a couple blocks down the road but I don't think my supervisor will let me wander off in the middle of the day to go look through the exhibit hall or listen to lectures. :(

You get off for MVC as a second year too. Not so lucky 3rd year. They made it so we don't have professional development this year like they have had in the past but we still have to make it up by listening to a 2 hour podcast and doing an assignment (so much busy work). The only thing is technique labs were then scheduled during that empty time which is not what the professor was hoping to have happen when she decided not to have class during MVC.

Also doesn't help that we have an exam the Monday after MVC which I won't start studying for until probably Thursday because this is a really busy week for me

Hi guys! Is there a FB group for the class of 2021? If yes, can someone post the link. Thanks :)

I was at the MVC all day, every day last year. Now I work a couple blocks down the road but I don't think my supervisor will let me wander off in the middle of the day to go look through the exhibit hall or listen to lectures. :(

Boo:(

Just want to hear something even if it is a rejection or a waitlist so I can make a decision

Can someone explain what MVC is? I'm heading to Columbus this weekend and if there's something going on I'd love to check it out.

Can someone explain what MVC is? I'm heading to Columbus this weekend and if there's something going on I'd love to check it out.

Knowing nothing about the abbreviation myself I'm assuming it means Midwest Veterinary Conference or something along those lines

It is indeed the Midwest Veterinary Conference. It basically runs Thursday throughout Sunday. There are a plethora of lectures to attend, in a wide variety of topics. Their website is http://mvcinfo.org/.

I will be attending for the first time this year and I'm super excited!

It is indeed the Midwest Veterinary Conference. It basically runs Thursday throughout Sunday. There are a plethora of lectures to attend, in a wide variety of topics. Their website is http://mvcinfo.org/.

I will be attending for the first time this year and I'm super excited!
Is this something that we have to sign up for or can we just attend?

Is this something that we have to sign up for or can we just attend?

I believe you have to register prior. But I have never gone before and the clinic that I work at paid for my registration, so I'm not entirely sure.

Hey all, I had a question about OSU's vaccination requirement. If anyone could offer some insight that would be great!

I went and asked for my immunization records from the hospital I went to up until I was 21 and I'm good on everything that's listed on this form. The only thing I am unsure of is having to get it signed off by a licensed medical provider. Am I supposed to make an appointment through my current insurance just to have a doctor/nurse/etc sign off on my immunizations?

Attachments

• IMG_0477.PNG
    IMG_0477.PNG
    262.5 KB · Views: 68
Hey all, I had a question about OSU's vaccination requirement. If anyone could offer some insight that would be great!

I went and asked for my immunization records from the hospital I went to up until I was 21 and I'm good on everything that's listed on this form. The only thing I am unsure of is having to get it signed off by a licensed medical provider. Am I supposed to make an appointment through my current insurance just to have a doctor/nurse/etc sign off on my immunizations?

i did not have mine signed.. it was on official letter head form the hospital though . if they printed it out and gave it to you then you are fine - mine was accepted and approved.
if you use that form then yes, it needs to be signed. i think it was easier to just have them print it out (i literally handed them my id and they handed it back with my records) then to take the time out of the doctors day for them to fill out the form