Ohio State c/o 2027 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard of any IS early acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking in previous years forums I didn’t see any IS people getting early admissions. Could just be coincidence that those people weren’t posters though

I know someone who had early admission last year. They were IS and didn’t post…so both IS and OOS get early admission but probably not everyone is posting

Reactions: 1 user
I know someone who had early admission last year. They were IS and didn’t post…so both IS and OOS get early admission but probably not everyone is posting

Good to know, thanks!

OOS acceptance!!!!! just received

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats! When did you interview? Do you know if this was part of the early acceptances?
I think it was an early acceptance but I don't know. It didn't say. I interviewed on 1/28!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Of course! My gpas: cum 3.68, science 3.45, last 45 is somewhere around 3.7

Close to 6k hours of mixed animal experience, some research, leadership, extracurriculars. I have thousands of hours of LA animal experience (family farm, western equine team, rodeo). I really talked about commitment to inclusion in the profession and servicing others, mending the gap between the community and veterinary medicine. I also talked about my commitment to lifelong learning and how important it is to make a difference in the world.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m wondering why there’s no IS acceptances ?

Congrats! When did you interview? Do you know if this was part of the early acceptances?

This is likely to be an early acceptance! Ms. Dawkins said the majority of us will hear back on the 6th after all the interviews are done!

I am soooo nervous for my interview tomorrow. I really want to do well!
4 questions with no follow-up, so be sure to put it all out there. Tell them who you are. Tell them why you think what you think, give them insight to your personality, your unique attributes, and the special skills you have developed. Be yourself but present the best version, sell them your dream and your vision. You can do it.

I got an early acceptance but I am not spectacular in any means but I think I presented genuine and thoughtful responses.

For example, if they were to ask (this is not a question!) something about a time you didn’t agree with what your boss did at a job, try to take them through your thinking of a specific situation. At first you felt “xyz”, but you didn’t want to act brash, etc etc. then you took certain steps “xyz”, then tell them what you learned and how you apply what you learned in your life.

Use key words like leadership, integrity, responsibility, confidence, empathy, compassion, self awareness, etc.

I believe in you!!

Reactions: 1 users
4 questions with no follow-up, so be sure to put it all out there. Tell them who you are. Tell them why you think what you think, give them insight to your personality, your unique attributes, and the special skills you have developed. Be yourself but present the best version, sell them your dream and your vision. You can do it.

I got an early acceptance but I am not spectacular in any means but I think I presented genuine and thoughtful responses.

For example, if they were to ask (this is not a question!) something about a time you didn’t agree with what your boss did at a job, try to take them through your thinking of a specific situation. At first you felt “xyz”, but you didn’t want to act brash, etc etc. then you took certain steps “xyz”, then tell them what you learned and how you apply what you learned in your life.

Use key words like leadership, integrity, responsibility, confidence, empathy, compassion, self awareness, etc.

I believe in you!!
Thank you so much! And congratulations on your acceptance!

• Care
Anyone who received an acceptance planning to accept their seat?
I *might*. I got into my instate too, but I think I will like Ohio better. I need to go to students day first to truly decide. Also, if I get into Purdue..I might accept Purdue.

Reactions: 2 users

I believe in you!!
You are a breath of fresh air, so nice helping out people . Congratulations on your acceptance .

Reactions: 5 users

I believe in you!!
I rate the Ohio state interview slightly above the Michigan state interview just because they at least had emotions on their faces when I answered questions. I finished talking in like 15 minutes and had 15 minutes to ask them questions

I rate the Ohio state interview slightly above the Michigan state interview just because they at least had emotions on their faces when I answered questions. I finished talking in like 15 minutes and had 15 minutes to ask them questions
I enjoyed my time! It was formal, but I felt comfortable. The interviewers were very nice. I only had 5 minutes for questions lol.

Were you IS for Michigan?

Anyone else just so glad to be done? This has been such a ride. (1st time applicant)

Anyone else just so glad to be done? This has been such a ride. (1st time applicant)

Definitely. I’m first time too and have been accepted to two schools, still waiting to hear from another 8 , but to know I got in is

Reactions: 1 users
Just emailed Sandra. She said that there would be some early admissions sent out but most would hear back the week of the 13th, both IS and OOS.

Reactions: 6 users
Y’all if you were early accepted expect a call! The dean called me to congratulate me🥹

Reactions: 4 users
Y’all if you were early accepted expect a call! The dean called me to congratulate me🥹
He called me today at noon!! It was the sweetest thing!! He gave me so much great information.

• Care
He called me today at noon!! It was the sweetest thing!! He gave me so much great information.
That's great! Did he call to tell you about your acceptance or just a follow-up to email acceptance? Did you get accepted today? THanks.

That's great! Did he call to tell you about your acceptance or just a follow-up to email acceptance? Did you get accepted today? THanks.
It was a follow up to email acceptance. He wanted to congratulate me, tell me about the program and ask if I had any questions. I was accepted yesterday and I interviewed on 1/28.

Congrats to everyone who was accepted already! Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of us :xf:

I'm starting to overthink all of my interview answers... :nailbiting: All we can do now is wait!

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to everyone who was accepted already! Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of us :xf:

I'm starting to overthink all of my interview answers... :nailbiting: All we can do now is wait!

I’m overthinking my interview too…I came out of it thinking I killed it but now I’m questioning my responses…I’ve prepared myself for a denial since there are so many applicants this year, I think the score cut off is going to be high this year

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to everyone. I know they said that some acceptances/rejections are coming out tomorrow, I hope we all hear good news!

Reactions: 6 users
Of course! My gpas: cum 3.68, science 3.45, last 45 is somewhere around 3.7

Close to 6k hours of mixed animal experience, some research, leadership, extracurriculars. I have thousands of hours of LA animal experience (family farm, western equine team, rodeo). I really talked about commitment to inclusion in the profession and servicing others, mending the gap between the community and veterinary medicine. I also talked about my commitment to lifelong learning and how important it is to make a difference in the world.
Did you go into a lot of detail about your experiences and what your responsibilities were and such in your interview? I just had mine the other day and I'm questioning myself a lot. I talked a lot about how I am adaptable and communicative and gave concrete reasons related to why I am and then during my questions for them we talked a lot about how community is important to me and embracing inclusivity and diverse cultures and such.

The interview per Ms. Dawkins is “blind”, closed file. My interviewers knew nothing about me and also weren’t allowed to ask questions about me or any follow up questions, they just asked the same questions that every applicant is asked.
Do you think that this means it was bad that I didn't share more about my experiences in the interview? I was expecting a more "conversational" interview based on what I was told by current students so I was thinking they would have had me expand on what I've done when I noted that I had done x,y,z experiences. I basically explained that because I had done x,y,z that are such diverse experiences from each other that I learned a lot about how veterinary medicine is really diverse and that is part of my "why vet med". Ahhh idk I'm probably freaking myself out but I feel like I didn't go into enough detail because I was expecting them to ask follow up questions..

cGPA 3.54, sGPA 3.49, last 30 GPA 3.76, 5000 hours etc lmk if there's anything more you want to know. I had a great interview experience and just told them my story and who I am!
Did you talk a lot about your experiences? I didn't go into a lot of detail because it seemed like they were more interested in what I learned via those experiences like adaptability or an understanding of how veterinary medicine is like wearing multiple hats (that's how I explained what my experiences taught me).. and I also was expecting follow up questions.. LOL

Did you go into a lot of detail about your experiences and what your responsibilities were and such in your interview? I just had mine the other day and I'm questioning myself a lot. I talked a lot about how I am adaptable and communicative and gave concrete reasons related to why I am and then during my questions for them we talked a lot about how community is important to me and embracing inclusivity and diverse cultures and such.
I will pm you, as I don’t want my response to this to give away any confidential information about the questions.

Man it seems like your guys interviews went totally different that mine. I felt way more comfortable after the first question but I’m starting to overthink it. My dad owns his own mixed animal practice so I talked alot about like the business side of the vet world as well as describing my experiences. I never really tied them into a central “theme” as some of you have. I mean I did have some pretty diverse experiences (shadowed/worked at 4 different practices, done research, anatomy/dissection lab TA, certified trainer at my job etc) that I briefly described but just tied it into vet med by saying it’s something I’ve been around my whole life (because his dad was a vet as well ) which looking back feels like a weak answer but it could be me overthinking it. Just nervous because the interview is over half the overall score. In my case, I wish it was more experience/academic heavy as I am currently a chemistry major with a 4.0 lol.

Man it seems like your guys interviews went totally different that mine. I felt way more comfortable after the first question but I’m starting to overthink it. My dad owns his own mixed animal practice so I talked alot about like the business side of the vet world as well as describing my experiences. I never really tied them into a central “theme” as some of you have. I mean I did have some pretty diverse experiences (shadowed/worked at 4 different practices, done research, anatomy/dissection lab TA, certified trainer at my job etc) that I briefly described but just tied it into vet med by saying it’s something I’ve been around my whole life (because his dad was a vet as well ) which looking back feels like a weak answer but it could be me overthinking it. Just nervous because the interview is over half the overall score. In my case, I wish it was more experience/academic heavy as I am currently a chemistry major with a 4.0 lol.
I seriously wish it was more academically and experience oriented too! I have a lot of bio and chem research experience and a 3.93 alongside diverse vet work and figured that would make me stand out until I realized it was only 10% and 30%. Despite tons of practice from FFA and working with family and friends having ASD makes every single interview feel super artificial for me even though most go well lol. I know they're holistic but it's too bad they can't weigh academic stuff a bit more. I'm thankful to schools who don't interview :lol:

I’m overthinking my interview too…I came out of it thinking I killed it but now I’m questioning my responses…I’ve prepared myself for a denial since there are so many applicants this year, I think the score cut off is going to be high this year
Are you an IS applicant?

There is no right or wrong way to answer. Everyone answers different and uniquely. However, I’m sure each question they ask is very intentional and they are looking for specific qualities and interpersonal skills. Seriously, don’t stress it. As long as you answered authentically and to the best of YOUR ability!

Reactions: 4 users