Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
People who interviewed already, did it take exactly 2 weeks to hear back or was it longer/shorter?

I interviewed late September, on a Saturday, and heard back that same week!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED!!!! Just got the phone call 15 minutes ago from my interviewer, interviewed 10/13

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I WAS ACCEPTED!! I'M GOING TO ROWAN!!! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I WAS ACCEPTED!! I'M GOING TO ROWAN!!! :D

Congrats!!! I've seen you posting on here for a while now. Idek you and i'm stoked for you. Waiting almost 2 months was worth it huh? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!!! I've seen you posting on here for a while now. Idek you and i'm stoked for you. Waiting almost 2 months was worth it huh? Lol

Thank you so much!! I was really holding out for them! It was agonizing but SO WORTH IT. It feels surreal!!

Reactions: 2 users
Any news on an accepted students facebook group? is one typically made?

Scumione are you IS or OOS? Also did you send in a letter of intent to Rowan?

I interviewed late September, on a Saturday, and heard back that same week!

That's awesome you heard back so quick. I have two questions: are you IS or OOS, and since you interviewed on Saturday, did you hear back the following Saturday or Friday? I'm also a Saturday interviewer so I'm curious as to when they could call

Scumione are you IS or OOS? Also did you send in a letter of intent to Rowan?
I am OOS. I did not send a letter of intent, but I did call to check on my application a little before the last committee meeting.

Members don't see this ad :)
did they add an online payment system for the initial deposit?

Any news on an accepted students facebook group? is one typically made?

I talked to our class STUCO VP today and an official FB page for accepted students for the class of 2021 will be put together soon. Stay tuned.

Reactions: 3 users
I got accepted wks ago and have yet to receive my acceptance packet....should it come in the mail or email? when did everyone else receive theirs? can i make my deposit without it?

I got accepted wks ago and have yet to receive my acceptance packet....should it come in the mail or email? when did everyone else receive theirs? can i make my deposit without it?

They came to us via email. The deposit timeline starts once you receive the packet

That's awesome you heard back so quick. I have two questions: are you IS or OOS, and since you interviewed on Saturday, did you hear back the following Saturday or Friday? I'm also a Saturday interviewer so I'm curious as to when they could call

Im OOS, I heard back on the Wednesday after and was called by my interviewer.

I received the "your application is complete email' How long will it take to hear about an interview?

I received the "your application is complete email' How long will it take to hear about an interview?
1 day to never. Impossible to answer that question. You might not even get an interview.

What is the interview acceptance rate here? Any difference IS vs OOS?

I received the file complete email on Oct 13. Today in the morning I received an interview invitation email. Its about 3-4 weeks.

I got that email on Oct. 6th. There are people who receive an invite 1 week later and others who get them 3 months later, so it's hard to really gauge when you get the invite.

I just coincidentally checked my portal and saw I had an interview invite from today, however, I did not get an email stating this. Even when I confirmed the interview date, I didn't get a confirmation email back, although it says it was sent in the "Communication" tab. Has this happened to anyone else or is my email acting up? I sent a test email from a previous account and I received the email.

I just coincidentally checked my portal and saw I had an interview invite from today, however, I did not get an email stating this. Even when I confirmed the interview date, I didn't get a confirmation email back, although it says it was sent in the "Communication" tab. Has this happened to anyone else or is my email acting up? I sent a test email from a previous account and I received the email.

Damn this **** makes me so anxious lol. I applied to like ~40 schools and haven't checked the portals in forever. Guess it's time to dig through my email...

Damn this **** makes me so anxious lol. I applied to like ~40 schools and haven't checked the portals in forever. Guess it's time to dig through my email...

Yep, that's what I've been doing too. I'm so anxious cause this is the closest school for me and seems so nice, so I've been looking through my email and my portals too ever since someone on a thread (maybe this one?) mentioned that somethings might not show up on their email.

It is now exactly 6 days since my interview, really really want to get in Rowan. IS and this is my top choice :unsure:

Reactions: 1 users
It is now exactly 6 days since my interview, really really want to get in Rowan. IS and this is my top choice :unsure:
Good luck! If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete and when did you get an invite? Also I noticed the other question you asked, about 80% of Rowan's matriculants are IS, but I don't know how many they accept after interviews with IS vs. OOS.

Yep, that's what I've been doing too. I'm so anxious cause this is the closest school for me and seems so nice, so I've been looking through my email and my portals too ever since someone on a thread (maybe this one?) mentioned that somethings might not show up on their email.

Are you IS or OOS but nearby?

Good luck! If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete and when did you get an invite? Also I noticed the other question you asked, about 80% of Rowan's matriculants are IS, but I don't know how many they accept after interviews with IS vs. OOS.

Sorry for the double post, but I submitted my primary early-Sept, got the secondary a few days after, secondary was complete 9/21 and I got an II on 10/21.

I'm IS and my interview pool was like 80% OOS and 20% IS

Sorry for the double post, but I submitted my primary early-Sept, got the secondary a few days after, secondary was complete 9/21 and I got an II on 10/21.

I'm IS and my interview pool was like 80% OOS and 20% IS

Oh wow that is a lot of OOS. And it's the complete opposite for the matriculating numbers.

where in jersey (north/south/central)?

I'm up north, you?

Oh wow that is a lot of OOS. And it's the complete opposite for the matriculating numbers.

I'm up north, you?

Not sure how accurate this is, but as far as I understand: Applicant pool 80% OOS 20% IS. Interview Pool 50% OOS 50% IS. Matriculation Pool 20% OOS 80% IS

And I'm South Jersey, Rowan is my backyrd

Anyone still taking graduate courses and get an interview? I heard that they sometimes don't offer II until you've completed whatever courses are currently in progress but idk how true this is.

Last edited:
Anyone still taking courses and get an interview? I heard that they sometimes don't offer II until you've completed whatever courses are currently in progress but idk how true this is.
i am currently an undergrad senior and am currently taking my second semester of biology. Got accepted mid September

Sorry meant to specify grad programs, like an SMP or a post-bacc.
well if you've completed all your prereqs, I don't see why they would delay an interview invite. Unless you're waiting for that SMP/post-bacc to boost your GPA to make you more competitive

How was the interview day here for you guys? And is it just one 30 min interview on your application?

Do I stand a chance here? I'm about to apply.
3.4-3.6 gpa with 518-522 MCAT, OOS ORM

For those that interviewed on October 22nd ... have you guys heard anything back yet?

I got in as well! starting Fall 2017! is there a facebook group for those starting Fall 2017??? let's get together!

Accepted SDNs, after the interview, didn't they say the admissions committee meets every two weeks to discuss applications? What's a reasonable amount of time to hear back ?

Sorry for spamming, but is it advisable to call admissions (it's been about a week since interview) to say how interested you are about the school?

Sorry for spamming, but is it advisable to call admissions (it's been about a week since interview) to say how interested you are about the school?

Don't do that. Clearly you're interested if you applied and interviewed.