Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted my 2ry October 5th and just received II (FIRST of the cycle) from RowanSOM! Any tips about the interview style, timeframe, or traveling (car vs train/uber?
The ride itself was pretty short (<10 minutes), but it took the driver around 15 minutes to get to my hotel. I guess there are less drivers in the morning. Just be weary of that so you aren't late or anything!

Members don't see this ad.

Crazy stats? Curious as to how they are organizing it - since you submitted your secondary after people who submitted in like august and still got an II before... But anyways congrats$
I am not sure how do they do their interview decision process, my stats are nothing extraordinary, just IS and URM/non-trad. They did mention that they are finalizing the admissions interviews for the 2016 - 2017 application cycle.

I am not sure how do they do their interview decision process, my stats are nothing extraordinary, just IS and URM/non-trad. They did mention that they are finalizing the admissions interviews for the 2016 - 2017 application cycle.
Finalizing? As in, the only people that are going to possibly receive an interview are the people that have been complete so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
What does finalizing mean? It's still so early.

My friend submitted her app in March and got an II and acceptance 2 years ago.

What does finalizing mean? It's still so early.

My friend submitted her app in March and got an II and acceptance 2 years ago.

Like I said, I am not sure of how their process works, but that is what they said in their email. Also, things could have considerably change in 2 years.

Anyone offer insight into the interview process here, it's my first one. Duration? Group interviews? Tour? Food quality? Thanks

Anyone offer insight into the interview process here, it's my first one. Duration? Group interviews? Tour? Food quality? Thanks
In the AM you have presentations from the admissions office and financial aid. Then people go off to their interviews and you have a lot of waiting time in the presentation room with other students. Interview is probably about 40 mins, 1 on 1 traditional. Really laid back. Then you break up into your tour groups. The tour is longer than they say it will be (at least it was for my group: ~2 hours) but it really showed how much the students love it there. Food they served - bagels, muffins, croissants, cookies, soft pretzels from a local shop.

Reactions: 1 user
In the AM you have presentations from the admissions office and financial aid. Then people go off to their interviews and you have a lot of waiting time in the presentation room with other students. Interview is probably about 40 mins, 1 on 1 traditional. Really laid back. Then you break up into your tour groups. The tour is longer than they say it will be (at least it was for my group: ~2 hours) but it really showed how much the students love it there. Food they served - bagels, muffins, croissants, cookies, soft pretzels from a local shop.

Awesome thank you. I need to do some research still on what to expect during the interview but other than that doesn't sound too bad

Hey everyone!

Dw it is still very early in the cycle. I spoke to admissions just this week and they are no where near being done with giving out interviews! they have a rolling admissions process and admissions even said they were on the batch that submitted secondaries toward end of August.

Stay positive everyone :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone!

Dw it is still very early in the cycle. I spoke to admissions just this week and they are no where near being done with giving out interviews! they have a rolling admissions process and admissions even said they were on the batch that submitted secondaries toward end of August.

Stay positive everyone :)
Thank you !!!!. This calmed my nerves so much. You're the best :D

The committee meets tomorrow right?

Members don't see this ad :)
omg you guys UGH i went to buy food and missed a phone call from an 856 number....

Reactions: 2 users
Call them back! Lol when i missed the call from them i called back .. twice. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did your interviewer call you? Or was it someone else
Hi :)! I got the call today at around 12 and it was my interviewer who called me!!! But I have a friend who got the call from Mrs. Watkins:)!!!! If you got the call that means you got in !!! So congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Wohoooo! Well thank you beautiful people for confirming that I got accepted today! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed the 13th and didnt get a call, does that mean im screwed?

I interviewed the 13th and didnt get a call, does that mean im screwed?

No. keep the faith! I know people who interviewed the same day and got accepted 3 weeks apart

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone else have trouble reaching them by phone? I've left voicemails, but have not received a call back. I have also emailed their generic admissions email, but also no reply. Do you guys advise emailing a specific admin in the admissions department?

Does anyone else have trouble reaching them by phone? I've left voicemails, but have not received a call back. I have also emailed their generic admissions email, but also no reply. Do you guys advise emailing a specific admin in the admissions department?
I have been calling too, but haven't been able to get a hold of anyone. My plan is to keep trying this week.

I have been calling too, but haven't been able to get a hold of anyone. My plan is to keep trying this week.

email April Burton or even Dean Watkins...they always seem to answer me quickly!

Anyone got lazy and not do the optional essay and get an interview? I really wanna submit it now, but I'm working all week next week and won't have time to thoughtfully write an essay...