2021-2022 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone doing orientation next week? Seems like a long event šŸ˜‚ did you guys ask questions or does that not really matter? I asked plenty during my interview

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get placed on the waitlist recently and does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist? I've heard it's just an easy way for Rowan to reject you later.

total silence! Complete end of August. LM 71. Are they done sending out IIs?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it usually take after the interview for them to get back to you?

Accepted through call three days after interview! Holy crap! I canā€™t believe it. I didnā€™t even get to the orientation yet

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted 50X/3.8 cgpa. Interviewed 3 weeks ago. Thanks all for the help throughout the process.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Did everyone receive a health packet? Schedule your physician appointment to test your titers and receive needed vaccines as the due date provided is a short timeframe.
Haven't been able to access my health packet or Rowan email because I am unable to make a net ID due to technical issues they are fixing. Very frustrating

Did anyone receive their financial aid package/know when they are supposed to be sent out?

Has anyone heard from Adcom on the number of IIs Rowan plans to send out? Submitted my application in September and have yet to hear back. I've received a few IIs from MD programs

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know when the disclosure form and CBC forms are due for accepted students?

Is anyone planning to do the pre matriculation session? They explained it like itā€™s a way to get acclimated to medical school sciences??

total silence! Complete end of August. LM 71. Are they done sending out IIs?
Same completion time, emailed them in january and they told me my app is still under review, but its feb now i dont think im hearing anything back!

Spoke to admissions today. The class is almost filled up, but they are interviewing into late april/early may. He said there are still plenty of IIs to go out

Reactions: 5 users
Is anyone planning to do the pre matriculation session? They explained it like itā€™s a way to get acclimated to medical school sciences??
I'm doing it, but it is required for me

I'm doing it, but it is required for me
When and how did you find out that it was mandatory for you? Email? Or portal? Also what is the start date and duration of that program? Iā€™m interested myself if itā€™s supposed to be helpful for incoming students.

Anyone have their housing situation finalized? Is there an accepted discord or chat?

Received a II on the 10th but I'll likely be turning it down. Hope it goes to one of you beautiful people!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else w/ a 3.5/510, instate, still have no ii?

Anyone have their housing situation finalized? Is there an accepted discord or chat?
Hi, there is a facebook page for class of 2026 with a link to the accepted students groupme and roommate finder!

Did the admission committee met last Friday (Feb 18th)? Anyone got their decisions back?

Accepted last Friday via call and portal updated today! IS, 3.7x gpa, 50x mcat

How long did it take other accepted people to receive the email/packet?

Yet again another invite to a webinar, and no II

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
II earlier today. OOS, complete around Sept, LM ~65

Has anyone who is interviewing on 02/25 received an email regarding the info session?

Does anyone know if classes have mandatory in person attendance for lectures in the sgl pathway? I heard that they provide recorded lectures but was unsure if you can skip the in person ones entirely.

Does anyone know if its possible to switch from PBL to SGL? I was accepted to pbl but not sure if its right for me anymore

Does anyone know if its possible to switch from PBL to SGL? I was accepted to pbl but not sure if its right for me anymore
I would email Sara Ramick she's the program coordinator. She's the one I talked to about switching from sgl to pbl, so she should be able to point you in the right direction. She gave us all her email during the interview orientation, it's [email protected].

Does anyone know if classes have mandatory in person attendance for lectures in the sgl pathway? I heard that they provide recorded lectures but was unsure if you can skip the in person ones entirely.
There are some mandatory lectures, you'll know ahead of time for those. Otherwise you're free to attend or watch the recording.

Did anyone hear back? I think the committee met on Friday.

Did anyone hear back? I think the committee met on Friday.
I believe they did, calls can come through into the evening. If not this week then hopefully next week

I believe they did, calls can come through into the evening. If not this week then hopefully next week
My interviewer said they meet every other Friday and according to the schedule, committee should have met on March 4th. But I haven't heard anything yet.