This thread has existential crisis (an SDN mafia game)

Started by Clem J
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Updated reads?
I’ll get them to you either later tonight or tomorrow morning. I’m gonna watch tv for real now, and I should let my OMGUS dissipate before I decide how I feel about d1.

The one read I feel somewhat solid about is rae being town—not that I’m certain she’s town, but that when I write the list she will be in my town leans
 
The one read I feel somewhat solid about is rae being town—not that I’m certain she’s town, but that when I write the list she will be in my town leans
I am intrigued by this and would like to hear more when you return
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Updated reads?
I think aside from my rae read, I'm going to hold off. I've dominated the conversation plenty today, and it's time to analyze other players' reads (ETA: or lack thereof). I find it highly likely I will survive the night cycle anyways.
I am intrigued by this and would like to hear more when you return
Honestly you felt pretty v!rae coded in your interaction with AM. Most of your D1 reads being village felt consistent with your village games.

Also, somewhat angle-shooty, but I don't think the 3 kills on day 1 thing flies over your head if you're in wolf chat. It's something you could fake, but I would need a compelling reason to see your D1 as wolfy.
 
I was just making sure there wasn’t something I had missed.

I would assume the mods won’t explain. Was kinda curious if @Zenge142 had some insight as to what happened, since he was apparently not surprised to have been among the players who died?
If it's a modkill, they're obligated to unless it's gamebreaking reasons.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I wont be able to get up to date until tomorrow hopefully ill be on and ready for D2 hypeeeeeee

Im asumming that the Clems post about everyone dying werent actual deaths? Im confused

A good start for an existencial crisis
 
@SARdoghandler if you had voted who would it have been for?

Gonna be real with you, I have no clue. If I had been around and seen that spurs flip to vote me, I probably would have voted him if I'd had the time to react? But I haven't read the 3 last pages of yesterday yet

I woke up yesterday morning and checked into my role so if know what was up. I then went to work and then immediately came home and did 5 hours of work on my chicken coop. I made my one silly post right before close about needing to catch up, then the thread locked and I was very confused because I didn't realize both that close was so much earlier AND that we would actually have less than 24 hours for a day cycle.

I'm really having trouble now with spurs yeeting me simply for not being around in a less than full day cycle and calling himself prime misyeet bait when like, misyeeting me for being busy is also/actually prime misyeet bait because I wasn't even here
 
Zenge was not modkilled
@Zenge142 any idea what happened?
Gonna be real with you, I have no clue. If I had been around and seen that spurs flip to vote me, I probably would have voted him if I'd had the time to react? But I haven't read the 3 last pages of yesterday yet

I woke up yesterday morning and checked into my role so if know what was up. I then went to work and then immediately came home and did 5 hours of work on my chicken coop. I made my one silly post right before close about needing to catch up, then the thread locked and I was very confused because I didn't realize both that close was so much earlier AND that we would actually have less than 24 hours for a day cycle.

I'm really having trouble now with spurs yeeting me simply for not being around in a less than full day cycle and calling himself prime misyeet bait when like, misyeeting me for being busy is also/actually prime misyeet bait because I wasn't even here
yeah, I’m sorry SAR. Read what I said earlier, I really don’t know who I should have voted for with 2 minutes left. But I think I probably just need to throw out yesterday almost entirely except for the higher posters, cuz I think so many people were not aware of the different end time.

I really would like to hear some reads from everyone on players other than me today.
 
Although I am mildly squonty that spurs may have death avoidance, I'm not discounting mechanical shenanigans yet
So something that likely isn’t obvious to players who didn’t die, I got a new role. I assume everyone else who died also got a new role. My best guess, is that we either all have a one time, death avoidance, or there is some finite number of roles that Clem has made for the game, and that once we exhaust all of those rolls, deaths will start becoming permanent.

And btw, I’d give myself a solid B+ on RPing my new role. But I can do better 🙂
 
rae, genny, kcalb, mkg, PSV, SAR, DubZ

Your full punishment for dereliction of your civic duties will be conveyed to you at some point. In the meantime, you must write an essay response of 300 words or less about the function of an informed electorate in a democracy. Your essay should be written in the style of
SAMAC!!!

@potentialsheltervet has a homework pass due to her white coat ceremony and is exempt from writing the essay.

I hope that everyone can enjoy waxing poetic on the power of the informed electorate in a democracy. It exists for the vote analysis. It exists for yeeting wolves. It exists SO THAT I CAN THUNDERDOME WITH WOLVES AT THEIR OWN PERIL

THUNDERDROM

MARGARITAS

YEAH

/andscene
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyways time to round.

Have A Good Day GIF
 
I was just making sure there wasn’t something I had missed.

I would assume the mods won’t explain. Was kinda curious if @Zenge142 had some insight as to what happened, since he was apparently not surprised to have been among the players who died?

What if it was mechanics rather than modkill?

Edit: nvm Clem addressed it
 
I'm really having trouble now with spurs yeeting me simply for not being around in a less than full day cycle and calling himself prime misyeet bait when like, misyeeting me for being busy is also/actually prime misyeet bait because I wasn't even here
Yeah; although he is sussed often, he has never rarely if ever been misyeeted 😅
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess self prez doesn't even really work if the top 3 are being kilt anyway :thinking:

Hmm interesting conundrum

So to clarify further, I thought whoever I was voting for had some chance of being death 2-3 over AM and MsP. I didn’t want AM to go over if she’s village, and I didn’t want MsP to die D1 after a long hiatus. Similarly didn’t want mkg to die early without good reason.

Of course, to my surprise, all 3 died anyways