This thread has existential crisis (an SDN mafia game)

Started by Clem J
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rae, genny, kcalb, mkg, PSV, SAR, DubZ

Your full punishment for dereliction of your civic duties will be conveyed to you at some point. In the meantime, you must write an essay response of 300 words or less about the function of an informed electorate in a democracy. Your essay should be written in the style of
SAMAC!!!

@potentialsheltervet has a homework pass due to her white coat ceremony and is exempt from writing the essay.
 
rae, genny, kcalb, mkg, PSV, SAR, DubZ

Your full punishment for dereliction of your civic duties will be conveyed to you at some point. In the meantime, you must write an essay response of 300 words or less about the function of an informed electorate in a democracy. Your essay should be written in the style of
SAMAC!!!

@potentialsheltervet has a homework pass due to her white coat ceremony and is exempt from writing the essay.
@_rae_ @genny @Kcalb @mkg323 @SARdoghandler @WildZoo
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But it’s after labor day
@Zenge142, as it is neither after Labor Day NOR does that refer to white coats, you have been assigned the following task: you must provide the thread with a list of the Top 10 Fashion Faux-Pas To Avoid In 2026! Your response must be written in the style of
Santygrass
 
Oh my gosh it's a tie! Oh god, oh god, oh god

Ok well first let's do the easy one:

@GoSpursGo DIES, and flips:

You're Chic. One time you ate curry before running a 5k, apparently. Why would you do that??? Only you could know. Anyways each night you can either make a questionable food choice or pass out imodium to another player. You can't drink the imodium yourself though.

They remain in the game

Now the ties, who I guess all die???

@Animal Midwife DIES, and flips:

You're MKG. I'd say congrats but I'm pretty sure you're either from Connecticut or lived (maybe still live? Unclear) there, and nobody deserves that. Anyways all that time around yuppies has made you eager to KILL (in minecraft). Select a Standing Target--when you die by any method, you will also shoot your last designated Standing Target (please say "clem" each time you change the target, tags don't work in PMs but it makes it an easy keyword to search if/when the time comes).

They remain in the game

@Ms Procrastinator DIES, and flips:

You're Stagg. You believe the best kind of stabbing is the back kind. When you end the day with your vote on the yeet and they flip non-town, you get a one use vig shot that must be used that night.

They remain in the game

@SARdoghandler DIES, and flips:

You are rae! if you target dubz, you protect them from any negative actions. Yay! If you target anyone else nothing happens.

They remain in the game

The remaining modkills:

@WildZoo has DIED, and flips:

You are PSV, a famed lover of post restrictions, which are just a state of mind. If you write your posts for the day in epistolary format, the following night you have a 50% chance to survive any death effects targeting you. If a death effect succeeds on you anyways, you can choose to have the player who killed you be haunted.

They remain in the game

Additionally, @Zenge142 has DIED, and flips:

You are Samac. Read a role PM? In this economy?? You hate reading role PMs. You’re allergic to it, even. What are you going to do in champs? Cry, probably, I guess? Anyways, you don’t know what your role does. You didn’t read it, after all. Every day OR night you can activate it, targeting either yourself or another player. What will happen? Who knows! That would require reading, and reading your role PM is for suckers.

They remain in the game.

Thread is locked while I set some stuff up, night 1 will end April 12 at 3pm Pacific, night actions lock an hour before that.

Living:

@_rae_
@Animal Midwife
@apoptosis09
@genny
@GoSpursGo
@Kcalb
@mkg323
@Ms Procrastinator
@potentialsheltervet
@SARdoghandler
@WildZoo
@Zenge142

Dead:

A blind certainty of the existence of free will in this cruel and unforgiving universe

Tots:

@Barkley13
@beans2020
@chicandtoughness
@fruitsalad
@kitzsuna
@samac
@Stagg737

Flavor:

From the darkness comes a tall figure, covered head to toe in crusher dust. They stagger forward, knees weakening as their inevitable mortality approacheth. Crumbling to their knees, a crowd gathers to hear the final words of the towniest town to ever town. With a final, gasping breath they rasp out "Bawk bawk mother****ers" and the onlookers all murmur about the deep profound meaning of this statement as they wander away. When the haze of crusher dust clears and the crowd returns to bury their royal elected official, they only find dusty footprints, a discarded mask, and a lone chicken feather blowing in the wind.
 
Last edited:
Thread is OPEN

All players are alive and well and may post.

In addition, there is a contest now open! If you wish to participate, write a 2-5 sentence flavor post for day one. You can submit it in your role PM, or by tagging the mods in thread. Participation is optional.

Living:

@_rae_
@Animal Midwife
@apoptosis09
@genny
@GoSpursGo
@Kcalb
@mkg323
@Ms Procrastinator
@potentialsheltervet
@SARdoghandler
@WildZoo
@Zenge142

Dead:

A blind certainty of the existence of free will in this cruel and unforgiving universe

Tots:

@Barkley13
@beans2020
@chicandtoughness
@fruitsalad
@kitzsuna
@samac
@Stagg737
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Explain in several words why you knew you weren't actually dying
I didn’t. I thought I was having my first yeet, let alone misyeet, happen in the most absurd fashion.

Explain in several words why you decided w!Spurs would try very hard to wake town out of a stupor? I think there is a perfect example from LAST GAME that I would just take the “oh no I’m busy” excuse on D1
 
I didn’t. I thought I was having my first yeet, let alone misyeet, happen in the most absurd fashion.

Explain in several words why you decided w!Spurs would try very hard to wake town out of a stupor? I think there is a perfect example from LAST GAME that I would just take the “oh no I’m busy” excuse on D1
Same prompt for @Zenge142. Without being OMGUS, I really don’t get it
 
I didn’t. I thought I was having my first yeet, let alone misyeet, happen in the most absurd fashion.

Explain in several words why you decided w!Spurs would try very hard to wake town out of a stupor? I think there is a perfect example from LAST GAME that I would just take the “oh no I’m busy” excuse on D1
Probably so you could say exactly this. Not saying I'm 100% sure you're a wolf but activity level is NAI
 
Probably so you could say exactly this. Not saying I'm 100% sure you're a wolf but activity level is NAI
But that isn’t what I’m saying—I’m saying the activity I made was not what w!Spurs would have done

The town was having a bad day and there was no reason for me to put myself out there and put myself in danger especially with 3 yeets if I didn’t have to. w!Spurs would have frittered the day away with Mac and peas and scoring contests, etc, rather than actually trying to engage town in problem solving :shrug:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh and sorry @chicandtoughness -- we only played together once, and what I saw (before I died on N1) was you voted based on ~vibes. You also posted late in the day with a late catch up... but it quickly became apparent that if I waited for everyone else to post I was gonna be waiting a long time :laugh:
 
Voting someone with additional mayor abilities that could help village, just because you :shrug: is a CHOICE, Mr. GoSpursGo

Feels more like it's time for GoToYourRoomGo
Oh btw, I was swayed to switch from mkg by @Zenge142 because I agreed no reason to take out someone with mayor powers.

Regretably it was SO LATE FOR ME TO RECEIVE ANY INFORMATION that I screwed up and voted for another mayor :laugh:
I don't think this is something Spurs ever says.

He's role playing.

Between the use of the word "threadstate" and the urge to vote MKG D1 IS SPURS ACTUALLY ANIMAL MIDWIFE?!
I don't like how you floated through day 1
Yeet AM. You're sussing me out. You never just park on me and then leave. No questions about reads and egging me on to post more? why aren't you out here?
I agree with this take. I actually like MsP's vibes
I'm at least the second, if not most active person. Also, I'm literally voting for you. But I see you're just trying to take me down with you.
I still never got a good sense for why you never really engaged anyone on their content other than rae.
Anyway, yeah, my wolfread on MsP is a real one but y'all waited so long to vote you're going to have to accept two if not all three of us are dying.
What specifically gave you wolf vibes? Obviously the immediate vote was meme but why did you stay?
Yeet spurs
For vibes

What vibes?

The early game approach feels closer to scum spurs than not
I would appreciate for you to expound on the vibes now please.