Touro COM - New York, Harlem (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys! so I submitted my primary here in august but JUST got a secondary like a week ago (I have no idea why so late). should I even bother submitting the secondary at this point? I am interested in this location because it's close to home (PA resident), but I'm hesitant for a few reasons. First, the fee is $200... Second, my MCAT and GPA are lower than the averages (506 MCAT, 3.5 GPA). Third, it's pretty late the cycle to submit a secondary. Money is not a huge problem right now but I would rather save if I have not shot here at all at this point. Please let me know what you think! Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!! I can't believe it. I'm sending in my deposit now! Who's in next years class with me?!?

Stats:
MCAT 503
GPA undergrad 3.4
GPA grad 3.53
GPA postbac 3.83

Reactions: 3 users
hey guys! so I submitted my primary here in august but JUST got a secondary like a week ago (I have no idea why so late). should I even bother submitting the secondary at this point? I am interested in this location because it's close to home (PA resident), but I'm hesitant for a few reasons. First, the fee is $200... Second, my MCAT and GPA are lower than the averages (506 MCAT, 3.5 GPA). Third, it's pretty late the cycle to submit a secondary. Money is not a huge problem right now but I would rather save if I have not shot here at all at this point. Please let me know what you think! Thanks :)

They send out secondaries late because they're heavily screened. Not everyone gets one, and the people that do have a high chance of receiving an interview. Go for it!! You definitely have a shot. I just got an acceptance with a 503 mcat and 3.4 undergrad GPA. The staff and faculty are great. It's $200 well spent

ACCEPTED!! I can't believe it. I'm sending in my deposit now! Who's in next years class with me?!?

Stats:
MCAT 503
GPA undergrad 3.4
GPA grad 3.53
GPA postbac 3.83

Congrats! When did you interview? I'll be in your class!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today to Middletown
Interviewed 11/7
LM ~63-65

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted from 11/7 Middletown as well. ~64 LM

Reactions: 2 users
question to my friends who paid the deposit, but did you guys and gals get any confirmation after emailing Touro the acceptance response form?

question to my friends who paid the deposit, but did you guys and gals get any confirmation after emailing Touro the acceptance response form?

Call or email them and get confirmation. Just trust me on this.

Stats:
MCAT 503
GPA undergrad 3.4
GPA grad 3.53
GPA postbac 3.83

I interview on the 7th. Do you mind sharing how the interview is? I would really appreciate it.

No, i didn't get the confirmation e-mail. But i e-mailed frank from middletown and he did say that confirmation e-mails will be sent out later. You can ask him to confirm that they recieved your deposit and acceptance response form.

Members don't see this ad :)
is it too late to submit a secondary here? i received the invite on 11/4 but can submit it tonight

also has anyone filled it out and submitted successfully using a MAC? even it says not to do so

I interview on the 7th. Do you mind sharing how the interview is? I would really appreciate it.

When I interviewed, we have just over 30 people interviewing. They separate you into 2 groups; a group that interviews in the morning, and one that interviews after 11am. While one group interviews, the other watches presentations from current students, the dean, director of admissions, financial aid, and the in-house counselor. They give you breakfast and coffee, so you can snack while you listen.

The interview is you with two faculty members. It's very casual and only lasts 20-30 minutes. They asked me questions almost solely from my application. Nothing abnormal. They then give you a free lunch where you can chat with current students, one more presentation, then you take a tour of the school.

The school is pretty impressive. Everything is new and state of the art. There's a really cool stimulation lab, 3D computerized dissection labs, a plastination room with preserved bodies, a cadaver lab, etc. The students tour guides will answer your questions. I liked it a lot.

Accepted to Middletown! Now I've got 12 days to decide between Touro and KCUCOM.

3.39 cGPA; 505 MCAT

Last edited:
Declining my acceptance. Hope it goes to someone waiting! Good luck!

Anyone who paid the Middletown deposit have yet to receive a confirmation email?

I can't even log into my touroone account to pay the deposit. It says the account doesn't match records. Anyone else get that error?

I can't even log into my touroone account to pay the deposit. It says the account doesn't match records. Anyone else get that error?

That happened to me when I got my first acceptance with Touro Nevada. Send an email to [email protected] with your info and they'll help you out

hello folks, just wanted to inform everyone this is a HARLEM Touro forum. So, can we just post about HARLEM instead of Middletown? Thanks

hello folks, just wanted to inform everyone this is a HARLEM Touro forum. So, can we just post about HARLEM instead of Middletown? Thanks

There's no Middletown thread. What difference does it make...

Shouldn't you be more concerned with other things like studying....as a medical student?

Dude, are you going to Touro? If that's the attitude you're going to have about the Harlem vs. Middletown campus then good luck LOL

Dude, are you going to Touro? If that's the attitude you're going to have about the Harlem vs. Middletown campus then good luck LOL

Middletown is like Harlem's annoying bratty little sister that always comes along and screws things up for everyone...

so yes this is correct.

Who gets higher averages tho ;)
I have no stake in the matter but it became apparent that Middletown's incessant whining and pampering* lead to higher averages..which you guys need for accreditation since you're still relying on Big Sister Harlem for that. ;);)

*I won't bring up the lower limb anatomy exam fiasco from last year...or the fact that due to Middletown complaints, the anatomy practicals have apparently gone from multiple choice to fill in..

I have no stake in the matter but it became apparent that Middletown's incessant whining and pampering* lead to higher averages..which you guys need for accreditation since you're still relying on Big Sister Harlem for that. ;);)

*I won't bring up the lower limb anatomy exam fiasco from last year...or the fact that due to Middletown complaints, the anatomy practicals have apparently gone from multiple choice to fill in..

Lmao look I was just busting your balls, not really trying to start a Harlem vs Middletown argument online. We're learning the same thing at the end of the day and we're all getting Touro-ed on the daily. So let's all agree to disagree and wreck these exams

Lmao look I was just busting your balls, not really trying to start a Harlem vs Middletown argument online. We're learning the same thing at the end of the day and we're all getting Touro-ed on the daily. So let's all agree to disagree and wreck these exams
Amen to that one! :)

How long after the Harlem interview are we supposed to hear back?

How is everyone getting to Middletown from JFK?

for my fellow friends who were accepted and paid the deposit, any knowledge as to when the deadline is for all the stuff in that confirmation checklist email? like when egistration for classes, insurance, fafsa, etc is due?

for my fellow friends who were accepted and paid the deposit, any knowledge as to when the deadline is for all the stuff in that confirmation checklist email? like when egistration for classes, insurance, fafsa, etc is due?

The acceptance letter said that the acceptance is contingent upon completing all those requirements by July 1st 2017

Is anyone concerned that the school is under provisional accreditation?

Is anyone concerned that the school is under provisional accreditation?

Every school is until they graduate their first class...this is nothing new.

Edit: and you just posted in the Touro vs nyit thread saying Touro sucks...so I'm not sure why any of this is a concern to you.

Last edited:
Can anyone provide some information on what the HARLEM interview is like?

Anyone know if there's a Facebook group or something for Middletown Class of 2021? I'd love to talk to some of my future classmates :)

The reason I said that was because I applied to Harlem, and would love to know the experience of other Harlem prospective students through this process, however, it seems since Middletown doesn't have its own thread, and both groups are being joined.

Anyone know if there's a Facebook group or something for Middletown Class of 2021? I'd love to talk to some of my future classmates :)

I asked the same question and got no response. I remember reading last year that the school didn't want their name in a Facebook group without approval. But I don't see the harm in creating our own group to get to know each other.

I just created a group called "Class of 2021 Middletown accepted DO students." This way the school's name isn't in the title, but we know which school it's for. Come join me!

did anyone complete their secondary with a mac and recieved an II? lol

Just an FYI, if you're interviewing at Middletown, flying into LGA and JFK would be...inadvisable. Only do it if you absolutely must.

Newark is a much better option. Stewart is the best but may not always be an option.

I say to avoid the NYC proper airports because they're the same distance from middletown as Newark but traffic is at least double.

anyone know if they accept more than the required LORs?

Hey ya'll! I submitted my secondary a little late. November 28th to be exact. To those who received interview invitations, how long did it take to hear back after submitting your secondary? Thank you :)

Stats:
MCAT 503
GPA undergrad 3.4
GPA grad 3.53
GPA postbac 3.83

When did u interview? I interviewed 11.28.16 and am anxious to know when I will hear back. Will it really take 2 full months?

Can anyone provide some information on what the HARLEM interview is like?

I absolutely Loved the Harlem interview. They were very thorough, we got to meet the dean and a number of the Med school professors and we were given plenty of opportunity to ask all the questions as well as talk to other interviewees. The vibe was laid back and welcoming. We saw a live dissection occurring in the anatomy lab, toured the whole building, saw the OMM room, and at the end spent at least 2 hours participating in a clinical simulation. I've been to 3 interviews so far and TOURO harlem was by far the best.