History of the WWorld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok. I have to go back to work. I will tell everything about my rule including those as vice president, which could make ak dream look suspicious when I get home.

Hmmm this should be interesting!

Members don't see this ad.

In addition, let's think about this...

If I were a wolf, do you honestly think I would be all up in this thread telling people about my communication disability, making a spectacle of myself? No. I would be sitting back and making observations from time to time.

But like I said, go ahead. Might as well, y'all are already popping off caps at one another, might as well reinvestigate and waste a night.

Woot on the info Alaska! I was all worried about why you had voted for me, but that makes a bit more sense. Interesting that it's an option in this game. And that the vote got put in so early... Frankly that makes me wonder if it was just random on the mod's part.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pending night results, I think we should lynch dvmdream. That would be pretty bold of AKD to post that if he made it up. If dvm isn't a bad guy (quasi-wolf?) then he should know we would go after him.

Pending night results, I think we should lynch dvmdream. That would be pretty bold of AKD to post that if he made it up. If dvm isn't a bad guy (quasi-wolf?) then he should know we would go after him.

The only other possibility is that someone can send false info, but I have no reason to not believe the Encyclopedia I got and as of now it is something to go on. I know in the Lounge LOTR game a wolf could send misinformation?

But for now I will have to go with DVM, this way I will know whether I can trust the encyclopedia (I don't see why I couldn't)

What if the Encyclopedia is corrupt? History is written by *******s after all. Maybe someone yanked an article off of wikipedia? :laugh:

the whole explanation just seems so convoluted to me - the investigatory item says that DVM is this thing but if she gets investigated it will come back as this other thing...my head wants to explode trying to process this :laugh:

And believe me I couldn't make that stuff up if I tried, SOV has put some crazy creativity into this! I did this same thing in the vet school game. I would be a pretty dumb wolf to come right off the bat just for one simple villager kill this early in the game. Especially since everyone has a role (if there were just a few roles, maybe if I was a wolf I would try getting a good role killed off and sacrifice myself). I think DVM is a smart one and will make up some nice story about good old Nelson, but I truly think the best bet is a lynch. If you have nighttime abilities and can silence, DVM would be a good one to silence (in case she can evade something with her ability of item?)

The only other possibility is that someone can send false info, but I have no reason to not believe the Encyclopedia I got and as of now it is something to go on. I know in the Lounge LOTR game a wolf could send misinformation?

But for now I will have to go with DVM, this way I will know whether I can trust the encyclopedia (I don't see why I couldn't)
So then how did you use the encyclopedia? Did you tell the mods who you wanted to investigate and they sent the results or was it from a player?

What if the Encyclopedia is corrupt? History is written by *******s after all. Maybe someone yanked an article off of wikipedia? :laugh:

the whole explanation just seems so convoluted to me - the investigatory item says that DVM is this thing but if she gets investigated it will come back as this other thing...my head wants to explode trying to process this :laugh:

Yea it just said it would come back first as the Marshall of france, and I'm guessing second as the Vichy France- implying that France began as an ally, but as France was overtaken in WW2 the Vichy regime took over and was aiding (or forced to aid) Hitler? I'm not up to date on my history, but that is my interpretation.

So then how did you use the encyclopedia? Did you tell the mods who you wanted to investigate and they sent the results or was it from a player?

I was just able to pick 1 person to use the encyclopedia on, let me go look up the details and carefully paraphrase it :)

Yea it just said it would come back first as the Marshall of france, and I'm guessing second as the Vichy France- implying that France began as an ally, but as France was overtaken in WW2 the Vichy regime took over and was aiding (or forced to aid) Hitler? I'm not up to date on my history, but that is my interpretation.

So why didn't it come back to you as the marshall of france? Does that mean someone else already investigated DVM?

I was just able to pick 1 person to use the encyclopedia on, let me go look up the details and carefully paraphrase it :)

So I was able to look up 1 person a night. I was able to look up info, pass it, or loose it!

I suppose there is a chance that it can only be used correctly in a certain persons hands?
But my results I got were just what I posted :(

Members don't see this ad :)
So why didn't it come back to you as the marshall of france? Does that mean someone else already investigated DVM?

either that or this isn't really a true investigation? This just said look up info on a character? So the encyclopedia just shows essentially what SOV sent out in the beginning? Or maybe someone else investigated? Maybe a role that investigates? I think someone said they already had a fictional character, maybe Sherlock Holmes is out there :p? Or someone like that haha

Yeah, this is what I was getting at. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case since she's a leader and all.

The original game post did say that allegiances could switch throughout and such. It's conceivable that a person started out as good and then ended up bad when some game event occurred, such as an investigation or whatever.

Weird that she is claiming something completely different though....

What I don't get is what Dvm sai about her role as Nelson Mandela. Just doesn't seem very Nelson Mandela. Can still participate while being imprisoned?

Wow I've posted a lot now (had to make up for my silence)! I think DVM really is a safe bet for lynch! Someone can investigate me tonight if they'd like to? I'm just going off what I got :( and sticking my neck out there in doing so :p

Dear Diary,

Alas, my life as a mortal in this world was a short, lonely one. As a deaf/mute I was unable to communicate with anyone, and was swiftly punished for my silence. Now that I have departed this world and entered into the heavenly after-life I am so grateful to be able to finally release my thoughts and musings for all to read. Those who are still on this earth should be very sorry indeed for ending my life, as they have also taken away an important gift I possessed while I was still alive. If I can leave one final piece of advice to those I have left behind, it would be not to kill WTF, as they have done to me.

Until next time diary,

Helen Keller

I honestly think investing AKD would be a waste of an investigation. That's whole post was just too involved to be made up.

Weird that she is claiming something completely different though....
I'll be very interested in what she has to say. Seems odd that an item would misidentify a player. Unless it is corrupted?

I have to believe AKDream on this one. No wolf would come out with a story like that this early in the game. If we lynched DVMdream tomorrow and she wasn't a bad guy then we would obviously kill AKDream the next day. It's way too early in the game for a wolf to risk their position like that already.

Dear Diary,

Alas, my life as a mortal in this world was a short, lonely one. As a deaf/mute I was unable to communicate with anyone, and was swiftly punished for my silence. Now that I have departed this world and entered into the heavenly after-life I am so grateful to be able to finally release my thoughts and musings for all to read. Those who are still on this earth should be very sorry indeed for ending my life, as they have also taken away an important gift I possessed while I was still alive. If I can leave one final piece of advice to those I have left behind, it would be not to kill WTF, as they have done to me.

Until next time diary,

Helen Keller

:confused::confused:

:boom:

Hi. I am home. Whew, things are blowing up.
I have a lot of e-mails, and stuff.

Sorry but I am exhausted right now for various reasons. I will try to get back here later and address issues. Hopefully I will not leave anything that will affect us.

I just want to say that there is some confusion about contingency votes that I will clear up for you later. I need to find out exactly what occurred.

I will do a fuller write up on poor Krist's demise later. Not sure if there will be anything too helpful there or not.

And other than that, everything is going fine.

Hopeful from tomorrow things will settle in for me, but ShortnSweet is doing great.

Dear Diary,

Until next time diary,

Helen Keller

Whoa. :corny:

So can we assume Krist had a seer role? And we killed her.

AWESOME START, DUDES AND DUDDETTES.

With everyone having roles it's bound to happen that we kill important and helpful people, but bummer none the less...

So can we assume Krist had a seer role? And we killed her.

AWESOME START, DUDES AND DUDDETTES.

First off, nice work AKDream! Sounds like a plan to me!

And wow, now we have the talking dead...though it makes sense since a lot of historical figures left behind diaries or memoirs.

This game is getting more complicated by the minute.

Yea so it looks like krist had her diary to impart info after she died. Too bad she didn't live longer to give us even more. But I'm glad WTF seems to be in the clear for now. My suspicion earlier was just a small thing I noticed. I find it useful to put it out there in case other people have had the same suspicions. Always keep conversions in mind though! Once someone has been publicly cleared they become a target for conversion. That goes for myself if DVM is a wolf. So an occasional investigation of those that seem to be "clear" is always good!

Yea so it looks like krist had her diary to impart info after she died. Too bad she didn't live longer to give us even more. But I'm glad WTF seems to be in the clear for now. My suspicion earlier was just a small thing I noticed. I find it useful to put it out there in case other people have had the same suspicions. Always keep conversions in mind though! Once someone has been publicly cleared they become a target for conversion. That goes for myself if DVM is a wolf. So an occasional investigation of those that seem to be "clear" is always good!

I agree. We need to relook at those players a couple nights down the line just so we don't assume they will remain good players.

The thing is and I feel like I bring this up every time - investigations are really important to use strategically for the temporal aspect. I assume there are only so many that can be done per night by various items/roles and to say let's investigate the same person over and over again is pretty low-yield IMO, unless they come under suspicion for some reason.

The thing is and I feel like I bring this up every time - investigations are really important to use strategically for the temporal aspect. I assume there are only so many that can be done per night by various items/roles and to say let's investigate the same person over and over again is pretty low-yield IMO, unless they come under suspicion for some reason.

but wouldn't you agree they make good targets? I'm not saying doing it now... but maybe couple nights down the road?

Man! You miss A LOT when in a meeting! I was in a meeting I thought would be 1 hour, turned into 3. Catching up!

but wouldn't you agree they make good targets? I'm not saying doing it now... but maybe couple nights down the road?

I just feel like it's a waste unless you have a specific reason to suspect that somebody's been converted somehow.

I think that people who haven't already been investigated are the best targets for being investigated. :p

No I agree, but reinvestigation should be thrown in there. This will discourage the wolves from trying to convert me or anyone else down the line. It should be an all the time thing, but if you have a role maybe every once in a while check a person out again. I just don't want to be converted :p if people reinvestgate those who are cleared this can hopefully avoid those being helpful from getting converted.

When I modded I noticed that with multiple investigation items people were investigated multiple times. People ask for someone to investigate and everyone does haha. Without revealing roles it's hard, but you should ALWAYS investigate who the group says.

Maybe if someone has an item they can investigate the person that the group asks? This way they'll eventually loose it and can say what they found. Maybe if someone has a role they should investigate other random people? Hopefully this might avoid duplication of investigations? What do people think?

No I agree, but reinvestigation should be thrown in there. This will discourage the wolves from trying to convert me or anyone else down the line. It should be an all the time thing, but if you have a role maybe every once in a while check a person out again. I just don't want to be converted :p if people reinvestgate those who are cleared this can hopefully avoid those being helpful from getting converted.

When I modded I noticed that with multiple investigation items people were investigated multiple times. People ask for someone to investigate and everyone does haha. Without revealing roles it's hard, but you should ALWAYS investigate who the group says.

Maybe if someone has an item they can investigate the person that the group asks? This way they'll eventually loose it and can say what they found. Maybe if someone has a role they should investigate other random people? Hopefully this might avoid duplication of investigations? What do people think?

Sorry that should say "shouldn't always"

There are a lot of ways to handle disclosure of investigative results, When I had a role, I investigated leader first, then my own group so I knew who to trust that I could communicate with. I've actually never gotten an investigative item in any game, haha. But I'd agree that people who had items should really not hold off on at least partial disclosure of results. Don't go naming people's roles (unless they're a wolf then by all means :smuggrin:) but at least like "not evil" would be nice...

Of course there's always a chance the investigation fails or says the wrong thing or whatever, nothing's infallible, but it's to nobody's benefit to keep information until you die.

Thanks a bunch krist. Incriminate me and ignore all the other people that also voted for you. I thought the dead couldn't strategize
Umm., she cleared you in a way :confused: She said not to kill you

Thanks a bunch krist. Incriminate me and ignore all the other people that also voted for you. I thought the dead couldn't strategize

Er, for one, it said not to kill you, and I assumed it had something to do with your saying that you had gotten a message that you were investigated....

And I assume that the form of the post means that the "one piece of advice" was within bounds after her death to give...