rpatel104

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else is applying to GRU?!

Members don't see this ad.

I am too!!! Let the games begin!!

Has anyone received any feedback yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am. My application went out today in the second batch. Hoping for an email sometime soon about the supplemental.

Applying! Not taking my DAT till end of this month. Hope it doesn't put me in too late since the cut off is September :/.

Applying! Not taking my DAT till end of this month. Hope it doesn't put me in too late since the cut off is September :/.
You'll be alright. Are you instate?

I received the supplemental last Friday. I was first batch.

I am in the first batch also but I have not received supplemental I am still awaiting 2 LOE could that be the reason? I am also retaking my DAT to increase my scores in some areas during early August as well.

I am in the first batch also but I have not received supplemental I am still awaiting 2 LOE could that be the reason? I am also retaking my DAT to increase my scores in some areas during early August as well.
Its probably the LOEs

I asked my professors really early and the one I asked last was very nice. She did not want to delay my process. But I used interfolio so I would not have to ask them later for the letters. Where do you or did you go for undergrad?

Im applying again. I am still on the alternate list for class of 2017, but I think that's a lost cause at this point. I am also taking the DAT again in August. Can I send my application in before I take the DAT again? How does that work as far as being evaluated on a future DAT score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im applying again. I am still on the alternate list for class of 2017, but I think that's a lost cause at this point. I am also taking the DAT again in August. Can I send my application in before I take the DAT again? How does that work as far as being evaluated on a future DAT score?

One of the open houses I went to said that you could most definitely send the app in pending a DAT update. You would just need to contact the school and let them know you wish to evaluated based on the upcoming test in August. Basically your app will sit on their desk until results are in.

One of the open houses I went to said that you could most definitely send the app in pending a DAT update. You would just need to contact the school and let them know you wish to evaluated based on the upcoming test in August. Basically your app will sit on their desk until results are in.

Thanks. So, is it an advantage for me to go ahead and send in my app before I re-take the DAT, or does it not make a difference since they're going to hold it until they get my new score in?

I would say advantageous to get in. Even if its sitting there it's still there. As soon as scores are loaded boom, you are ready to go. Especially with such a close cut off of sept 1 it doesn't hurt to send it.

I asked my professors really early and the one I asked last was very nice. She did not want to delay my process. But I used interfolio so I would not have to ask them later for the letters. Where do you or did you go for undergrad?

I have some idea about what interfolio is but can you clear up the meaning? I'm sure all I need is patience even though I warned my professor 6 months in advance.

Anyone applying here who's OOS? I'm your neighbor over here in Florida :p

My older brother lives in Georgia and really likes it, so I could definitely see myself going here.

Anyone applying here who's OOS? I'm your neighbor over here in Florida :p

My older brother lives in Georgia and really likes it, so I could definitely see myself going here.

I'm applying from OOS. Georgia is def. a great state and GRU is really nice too!

Thought they only took instate students.

This will be their 3rd year taking OOS and their second year doing AADSAS. They only take about 5 people OOS. I assume it's typically people with ties to the state but not officially residents.

I have some idea about what interfolio is but can you clear up the meaning? I'm sure all I need is patience even though I warned my professor 6 months in advance.
you pay for a subsciption (make an account) basically and profs upload or mail their letters to interfolio. and once the cycle opens you can send the letters from interfolio to aadsas after you upload the matching forms. its just a way to get everything together and you dont have to track down your LOE writers in the summer.

you pay for a subsciption (make an account) basically and profs upload or mail their letters to interfolio. and once the cycle opens you can send the letters from interfolio to aadsas after you upload the matching forms. its just a way to get everything together and you dont have to track down your LOE writers in the summer.

Well that makes great sense, too bad it wouldn't do much help now unless I needed those letters again which when I think about it would make life easier if needed.

I was in the second batch, which mailed on 7/5, and I got the supplemental application email this afternoon.

I'm OOS with average DAT and above average GPA stats and got a supplement last week! Already done and submitted :)

can anyone post the question for the supplemental app please.

one more question, my undergrad school sent my transcripts last Friday and so far, I dont see them uploaded onto my application. Do I have to submit my app for that to happen? I will be submitting in 2-3 more days.

I'm also applying OOS. Any other OOS Applicants receive the supplemental app ?

I haven't heard anything yet :/

I'm applying from OOS. I got the supplemental on Tuesday. Still need to submit it though.

I'm also applying OOS. Any other OOS Applicants receive the supplemental app ?

I haven't heard anything yet :/

My DAT is really similar to yours... give it some time :thumbup:

My DAT is really similar to yours... give it some time :thumbup:

Keeping Positive vibes... I guess time is needed since they only have my unofficial DAT and just got it on July 5th..

Is this school OS friendly? Based on the school's website I am inferring that it is centered around volunteering and clinical preparation.

Also, on the website they recommend 200 hrs of volunteering. I do not have that many hours. Does anyone know how much these hurts my chances? For example, does this take me out of the running since I'm OS and do not have 200 hrs of volunteering?

Just submitting my supplemental!
GRU is a must for in-state!

GRU requires the supplement, extra copy of transcripts, citizenship verification and residency verification for app to be complete. Am I missing something?

And your aadsas app as well obviously...

how do you do citizen and residency verification?? do you send them birth certificate and say like bank statement or bill or something?

"Once an applicant has submitted his/her application, checking the status of their application electronically is enabled. To determined if the Admissions Office received a components of an application, all applicants are encouraged to check the receipt of such items at http:/www.gru.edu/admissions/ . Items received will be posted within 1-5 business days for an applicant's review."

Found this on the website. Has this worked for anyone? Mine does not worked.

how do you do citizen and residency verification?? do you send them birth certificate and say like bank statement or bill or something?

I sent drivers license for residency and passport for citizenship.

if passport is expired, then would birth certificate be ok? i was born in GA. thank you for your help!

GRU requires the supplement, extra copy of transcripts, citizenship verification and residency verification for app to be complete. Am I missing something?

And your aadsas app as well obviously...

Beside the supplemental and aadsas app, nothing else needs to be sent in until GRU contacts you for an interview. I was told this by the admissions front desk. Hope it helps!

Beside the supplemental and aadsas app, nothing else needs to be sent in until GRU contacts you for an interview. I was told this by the admissions front desk. Hope it helps!

Yes! Thank you

This school requires toefl, if not a native English speaker. FYI!

Has anyone heard from GRU via email/phone or has received an interview from them yet?

Recieved an interview invite today via email. :D