2010-2011 Cornell University (Weill) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts:

1. If you are not attending college during the 2010-11 academic year, what are your plans? Please limit your statement to less than 200 words.

2. Please write a brief statement giving your reasons for applying to Weill Cornell Medical College. Please limit your statement to less than 200 words.

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
top choice! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Question.

For the part where we have to list our classes, what if we went to a quarter system school and have to designate Winter quarter? They only give Fall/Spring semester choices.

Can someone post the secondary questions?

1) If you are not attending college during the 2010-11 academic year, what are your plans? Please limit your statement to less than 200 words.

2) Please write a brief statement giving your reasons for applying to Weill Cornell Medical College. Please limit your statement to less than 200 words.

Aka, same as last year.

Does anyone know how to save and log out?

It looks to me like you have to fill everything out in one go...

Good luck, y'all!

Does anyone know how to save and log out?

It looks to me like you have to fill everything out in one go...

Good luck, y'all!

I agree--dont think you can save. but it's really easy if you have that essay prepared

Most relevant letters just means we can pick whichever ones we want right? it doesn't have to be like 2 science 1 nonscience?

I really hope the site doesn't time-out. It would be very frustrating to re-enter everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most relevant letters just means we can pick whichever ones we want right? it doesn't have to be like 2 science 1 nonscience?

From their site:

We require letters of evaluation as follows:
  • If your college has a preprofessional advisory committee, you must either submit a letter from this committee, or inform WCMC in writing why you cannot obtain a committee letter.
  • If your college does not have such a committee, we require two letters of evaluation from persons who know you well and can discuss your capabilities, accomplishments, and character. A teacher, whether at the undergraduate or graduate level, should be one who has worked with you personally.
  • If you have had substantial research, work, clinical or service experience, you should submit a letter from your supervisor in that experience.
Yea, so basically you can pick any three including a research oriented letter if you have one.

I really hope the site doesn't time-out. It would be very frustrating to re-enter everything.

Yepp...It timed out on me. I had to re-enter all my course info.

Received from here as well, looks easy, gl everyone

for course requirements, it only gives 3 spaces. my science lectures are separate from labs, so i would have to enter 4 classes to show that i've fulfilled the requirements. anyone know how i should go about this...

for course requirements, it only gives 3 spaces. my science lectures are separate from labs, so i would have to enter 4 classes to show that i've fulfilled the requirements. anyone know how i should go about this...

I'd just say Course name and Lab. For example: Chem 101 and Lab

Hope this help.

ghostparticle: it does help, thank you!

Since we're only allotted 3 spots per class category should we just list the three most "impressive" courses we've taken in that dept?

Since we're only allotted 3 spots per class category should we just list the three most "impressive" courses we've taken in that dept?

only fill in the courses that satisfy their basic requirements. they can see all your other coursework on your primary app.

their system sucks... the only application so far where you can not save anything!!!!!

Is anyone else having the problem of when you are at the review page, it looks like your essay was turned into one big paragraph instead of separate paragraphs

Thanks

If we have AP credit and are using advanced science coursework to fulfill the reqs, do you think we should list the AP and the advanced courses or just list the advanced courses?

For those of you who have submitted already, how long did it take before the system reflected that it had received your application? I submitted mine on Monday, and still no indication on the website that they've received it. I know it says that it takes at least 24 hours, and I'm probably just being neurotic, but thought I'd check...

mine took three days (secondary finished 7/3, complete 7/6)...i got an email to tell me this and it sent me the address of the status page http://osaf-status.med.cornell.edu
you could try checking that if you want

Hi There,

I know you guys are at the stage where you are filling things out and waiting for interviews to start etc. But I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I'm current student at Cornell and am happy to answer any questions you might have as this process progresses.

Best of Luck to you all :luck:

I just received notice from Cornell that grading is pass/fail from now on. So whatever you heard about the grading system until now is no longer the case. They've been deliberating on this issue for a while, and today they made a decision.

Such a silent thread....no one has had any news?

From last year's thread, it looks like people didn't start hearing about interviews until the beginning of September. Not sure about rejections and wait-lists... although it wouldn't surprise me if those come later because of how Cornell processes acceptances.

Rejected MSTP, 36+, 4.0, 4+ pubs, complete late July. seems like a really great school. good luck to everyone. I am still in the running for MD. 2/3 for interviews so far.

No sir they do not.

My heart goes out to sigmatropic lol How is that possible man....Sry homie.

Rejected MSTP, 36+, 4.0, 4+ pubs, complete late July. seems like a really great school. good luck to everyone. I am still in the running for MD. 2/3 for interviews so far.

When do you hear about MD interviews if you get rejected form MSTP?

I have what is probably a stupid question about filling out courses. If we took a class in the spring of say 2009, do we put 2008 or 2009 for "term year". For me, the AMCAS has it so that my spring classes are still part of the year before (i.e. 2008). Just wondering how you all entered it.

Also, if we have a committee letter packet, we just put our school name under "From (Evaluator's Name)"?

Sorry for the nitpicky questions but if anyone could clear these up for me I'd really appreciate it!

I had the same question haha, but i just submitted it anyways. I just put the actualy year I took the class as opposed to how it appears on the AMCAS. But I'm not sure I was doing it correctly. It was nitpicky, but it was really annoying me. My friend told me just to submit it.

I put the school name under "From (Evaluator's Name)"

Someone just posted interview invite at cornell in the interview invite thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.