2010-2011 Cornell University (Weill) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes mine is blank as well

Mine isn't, but now I'm wishing it was!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lily calls Marshall "marshmallow." So I like your name too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just bought seasons 1-5 on DVD while in Vietnam for $8. True story.

Self high-five

Nice! And, on the plus side, now that you're interviewing at Cornell, you have an excuse to suit up!

I just bought seasons 1-5 on DVD while in Vietnam for $8. True story.

Self high-five

I'll give you a high-five for that one!

This will probably be the happiest I'll be on this thread. Don't think I'm going to get a chance to interview at Cornell haha

But :luck: everyone!

this officially just became the best thread out there. i am loving this!

legen - WAIT FOR IT! - dary

If anyone else decides to interview on the 23rd, I will take you out to dinner at the burger place with the green door

If anyone else decides to interview on the 23rd, I will take you out to dinner at the burger place with the green door

I'm so IN! Only problem, you may have to work some magic with the admissions committee to get me an interview :)

Blank as well on my status page. Wonder what that means...

Me too...."under review"

Is this the same as:

""Your application is complete. Since we screen each applicant individually, the process may take a few months. Weill Cornell does not have rolling admissions so we ask that you please be patient. Final decisions are communicated beginning in December. The class is selected in March."

or is "under review" further along?

Weird. Seems like half the folks here are "blank," though, so I wouldn't read too much into it one way or the other.

Is this the same as:

""Your application is complete. Since we screen each applicant individually, the process may take a few months. Weill Cornell does not have rolling admissions so we ask that you please be patient. Final decisions are communicated beginning in December. The class is selected in March."

or is "under review" further along?

I think the "under review" is further along. I used to have the "your application is complete" message, but now mine says:

Your Application has successfully been submitted and is under review by our admissions staff

With the missing period at the end of the sentence and everything!

Wait....My status still says "complete," but not "under review" yet. I was complete on July 6th...other people who were complete back then already have interviews, how am I still not under review!

How long were people under review before getting invited?

Wait....My status still says "complete," but not "under review" yet. I was complete on July 6th...other people who were complete back then already have interviews, how am I still not under review!

I'm on the same timeline as you, and I am still complete but not yet "under review". :confused: Hopefully we'll find out soon.

Mine never said "Under Review, " it was complete up until I got an interview

Interesting... I got the "complete" e-mail back in jul. 6 as well... but my status too is blank...

prolly means they forgot about us "blank" status peoplez -_-.

stats? on any interview invitees?

Mine is blank but was under review before, so I don't think it's because they forgot. Weird...

I've been complete since 07/01 and haven't gotten the "under review" yet.

Complete 7/1, no "under review"

Crazy question, but is there any advantage to submitting early/asap when they use non-rolling admissions?

Crazy question, but is there any advantage to submitting early/asap when they use non-rolling admissions?

i'd like to think it shows that 1) you're really interested in the school and 2) you're on top of things.. but other than that, i'm not sure

i'd like to think it shows that 1) you're really interested in the school and 2) you're on top of things.. but other than that, i'm not sure

Well obviously it may not make a great impression to sit on it for two months, but I'm mostly wondering about chances getting an interview, acceptance.

Non-rolling decisions means everyone will go into the same pot, and date of completion doesn't necessarily work for or against anyone, yes?

Well obviously it may not make a great impression to sit on it for two months, but I'm mostly wondering about chances getting an interview, acceptance.

Non-rolling decisions means everyone will go into the same pot, and date of completion doesn't necessarily work for or against anyone, yes?
just because decisions aren't rolling, doesn't mean the interview invites aren't

So definitely just tried to submit my secondary, and it got stuck on the load page for about an hour! So I tried to just do it over after saving the essays by clicking the link they sent in my email, and it won't open! Is anyone else having problems today with loading the application? Sucky suck!

Does anyone know about this program? It seems pretty awesome and very unique, and perfect for me.

Does anyone know about this program? It seems pretty awesome and very unique, and perfect for me.

Yeah, I'm interested in the Music and Medicine program too! I have a Bachelor of Music in performance, and I feel like this would be the most wonderful way to study medicine, without sacrificing all those years of musical training. From what I found out, the school provides you with rehearsal space and pairs you up with a Julliard mentor. Plus, last year's class graduated at CARNEGIE HALL, where some of the musician graduates actually performed! Sweet, huh? :)

Yeah, I'm interested in the Music and Medicine program too! I have a Bachelor of Music in performance, and I feel like this would be the most wonderful way to study medicine, without sacrificing all those years of musical training. From what I found out, the school provides you with rehearsal space and pairs you up with a Julliard mentor. Plus, last year's class graduated at CARNEGIE HALL, where some of the musician graduates actually performed! Sweet, huh? :)

Yes absolutely it is a fantastic thing. Nice to know I don't have to pretend that I have this really active artistic life going on and they won't hold it against me. I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.