2020-2021 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R. Expected this one, but still tough.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R via email, complete in Sept. Probably the last school that could've competed with my top choice. I guess that’s my answer :D

• Care
Pre-II R! Good luck to everyone else.

• Care
Pre-II R, complete in August. Good luck to those waiting to hear back

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know where I can send my rejection to their rejection letter? Gotta make them feel like I do 😭😂

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
do we know when second look/revisit is?
In the accepted student reply form it says April 3rd and April 20th-21st. Idk when we'll get updated info though

• Care
In the accepted student reply form it says April 3rd and April 20th-21st. Idk when we'll get updated info though
Thanks! April 20th would be after the narrowing to 3 deadline. Let’s hope for an earlier date!

You can make an empty account just to join it if you want, FB accounts are pretty easy to make - but if you don't feel like it, most of the action usually goes on via groupme anyway! And if you ever have any burning questions, you can ask me as well :angelic:
Thank you so much. I will make one! Also is there already a GroupMe?

Does anyone know if update letters and letters of interest / intent for waitlisted students should just be submitted via the updates tab on the portal vs. emailed to the admissions office email address?

Does anyone know if update letters and letters of interest / intent for waitlisted students should just be submitted via the updates tab on the portal vs. emailed to the admissions office email address?
Is there an update tab on the portal? Cornell uses the AAMC portal. I don't remember seeing this tab there.

This might be a stupid question, but when financial aid apps require student tax forms/income, do they take into account that this is income you will no longer receive as a medical student? I can’t imagine them expecting student contribution based on income that has stopped...

Also they want the format of the title of your pdf to be last name_first name_AAMC ID_date
Not a big deal if you don't (I submitted an update without this format lol) but thought I'd get the info out there...
That’s super helpful - appreciate that a lot. Where did you get this info? Feel dumb for missing it wherever it is haha

That’s super helpful - appreciate that a lot. Where did you get this info? Feel dumb for missing it wherever it is haha
When you send an update - they send an email for future reference

This might be a stupid question, but when financial aid apps require student tax forms/income, do they take into account that this is income you will no longer receive as a medical student? I can’t imagine them expecting student contribution based on income that has stopped...
When I spoke to them they said they assume a $0 future income for students.

I counted around 85 people matching on the list (seems all prelim positions have advanced spot). Seems like there's been a large drop from the previous year where I believe there were around 100 people matching. Any current students have some inside information on what happened? Maybe more people chose not to apply due to uncertainty this year?

Reactions: 2 users
I counted around 85 people matching on the list (seems all prelim positions have advanced spot). Seems like there's been a large drop from the previous year where I believe there were around 100 people matching. Any current students have some inside information on what happened? Maybe more people chose not to apply due to uncertainty this year?
apparently this happened at northwestern too... may be a trend this year :(! hopefully not an ongoing pattern tho!

Did anyone else see the US news rank list for 2022? A lot of the movement in the rankings really shocked me

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
When your second choice jumps your first choice 🥲 much to think about
Fam PLEASE don’t take the ranking changes into account when making your decision. There was some discussion about this on the washu thread, but this just really shows how arbitrary and volatile they are and literally not worth putting stock into when choosing a school. Like next year your first choice being ranked higher than your second again is totally w/in the realm of possibility bc that’s how they operate

Fam PLEASE don’t take the ranking changes into account when making your decision. There was some discussion about this on the washu thread, but this just really shows how arbitrary and volatile they are and literally not worth putting stock into when choosing a school. Like next year your first choice being ranked higher than your second again is totally w/in the realm of possibility bc that’s how they operate
LOL i was just kidding I know these are super volatile. Mainly just trying to make sure there wasn’t anything that happened BTS that would have contributed since this drop seems pretty dramatic

• Care
LOL i was just kidding I know these are super volatile. Mainly just trying to make sure there wasn’t anything that happened BTS that would have contributed since this drop seems pretty dramatic
Tg I have seen way too many people genuinely upset about this 😭apparently they changed something about the way they look at funding (?)

Oh interesting. Okay at least it’s nothing major then
And for those who actually seem taken aback by this "volatile" change, Cornell historically hangs around 15-20, save for the last two years. So this years USNWR rank is totally normal....and also completely uninformative and un-insightful. Its simultaneously shocking and totally expected that some premeds interested in WashU, UCLA, Penn, Cornell, etc. seem to be flustered by USNWR ranking volatility.

Reactions: 2 users
Here's the 2021 Match List Results Summarized if anyone was curious. I didn't include the transitional year counts.

Anesthesiology6
Dermatology2
EM2
FM1
Surgery3
IM10
MedPeds1
MedPrelim5
MedPrimary4
Neurology3
Ob/Gyn7
Ophthalmology2