2019-2020 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got email about staying on waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious; what was the "reply-to" email addressed to in yours?
Mine was addressed to admissions and mdphd even though I only applied MD. I replied to both because there is nothing to lose at this point looool

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Mine was “[email protected]” but apparently they received my email because they sent me an email saying my “update” had been received.
Mine was also addressed to admissions and md-phd but I didn't get a reply or confirmation. Did anyone else not get a confirmation?

Reactions: 1 users
prob overthinking this but how did you guys address your WL confirmation email? i feel weird addressing the director by her first name but like

prob overthinking this but how did you guys address your WL confirmation email? i feel weird addressing the director by her first name but like

I addressed her as Ms. Smith, but I don’t think it matters too much.

Mine was the same except I got an automatic reply that it couldn’t be delivered :/ So I forwarded to admissions as well. Still no confirmation..yike

Mine went to both admissions and mdphd emails and I still haven’t gotten a response, I’m gunna try and call tomorrow morning cuz I’m scared they didn’t get it

Members don't see this ad :)
13+ people left our accepted students GroupMe (including myself) so for those of you on the waitlist, good luck! Looks like there will be a decent amount of movement. I wish you all the best!

Reactions: 7 users
13+ people left our accepted students GroupMe (including myself) so for those of you on the waitlist, good luck! Looks like there will be a decent amount of movement. I wish you all the best!

How many people were originally in the group me? Out of curiosity

Mine was also addressed to admissions and md-phd but I didn't get a reply or confirmation. Did anyone else not get a confirmation?

Have you gotten a confirmation yet? In thinking of calling right now cuz still haven’t gotten mine

Have you gotten a confirmation yet? In thinking of calling right now cuz still haven’t gotten mine

might be cause it's the weekend? honestly if you wanna call go ahead--nothing like that is gonna hurt you at this point

might be cause it's the weekend? honestly if you wanna call go ahead--nothing like that is gonna hurt you at this point

I replied yesterday morning when I got the email and others had gotten confirmation but I hadn’t gotten one. I ended up just calling right now and left a voicemail, don’t think it’s gunna hurt my chances but here’s to hoping lolol

I replied yesterday morning when I got the email and others had gotten confirmation but I hadn’t gotten one. I ended up just calling right now and left a voicemail, don’t think it’s gunna hurt my chances but here’s to hoping lolol

I pray the AdCom Gods bless both of us, my friend

No reply yet for me either, let us know if they call you back!

From the help me decide threads:

“Hi! I matched into Dermatology last year. Go to Penn if you are interested in Derm - 100%. Penn's Dermatology program is #1-2. The research opportunities and mentorship at Penn are way above what you will get at Cornell. My friend went to Cornell and applied into Dermatology and she really struggled to find research projects/opportunities/mentors. I also know people who did a research year at Cornell and they ended up with no publications (not because they didn't work hard; they definitely worked really hard!), and in previous years, some of them did not match (read: mentors did not go to bat for them or if they did, their word did not pull enough weight). Yes, 160k is a lot of money, but going to a top medical school with well-known, prolific, well-connected mentors in Dermatology will give you a leg up in residency applications and set you up for the career that you want.”

Can any current students talk about this? Is it actually difficult to find research and match into derm from Cornell?

From the help me decide threads:

“Hi! I matched into Dermatology last year. Go to Penn if you are interested in Derm - 100%. Penn's Dermatology program is #1-2. The research opportunities and mentorship at Penn are way above what you will get at Cornell. My friend went to Cornell and applied into Dermatology and she really struggled to find research projects/opportunities/mentors. I also know people who did a research year at Cornell and they ended up with no publications (not because they didn't work hard; they definitely worked really hard!), and in previous years, some of them did not match (read: mentors did not go to bat for them or if they did, their word did not pull enough weight). Yes, 160k is a lot of money, but going to a top medical school with well-known, prolific, well-connected mentors in Dermatology will give you a leg up in residency applications and set you up for the career that you want.”

Can any current students talk about this? Is it actually difficult to find research and match into derm from Cornell?
Not answering your question directly, but did you end up deciding for Cornell?

Rally scared for this waitlist movement week, can’t even sleep, best of luck y’all <3

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
If we don’t get off the WL this week is it safe to move on lol

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?

300 WL seems like a lot for a 106 person class. But what do I know lol... Thanks!

Also that is the theoretical max, it's going to be more like:

300 - (people who didn't accept the WL) - (people who didn't confirm their position on the WL) - (people who have been accused of a felony charge over the past three weeks)

• Haha
What time do they usually make the call for WL?
Last year it was around 2 or 3, but the times for initial decisions...and everything else...has been off in comparison to last year

Last year it was around 2 or 3, but the times for initial decisions...and everything else...has been off in comparison to last year

Plus it might not be today unless they worked over the weekend/this morning...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I'm thinking either Thursday or Friday of this week. Not today for sure.

The yield may be different this year because it's the first class with the new financial aid policy

• Love
I just got an email saying my update had been received....but I haven’t sent an my recent updates. Did anyone else get this? Maybe they counted the WL continued interest email as an update?

I just got an email saying my update had been received....but I haven’t sent an my recent updates. Did anyone else get this? Maybe they counted the WL continued interest email as an update?

I'm assuming that's the confirmation email people have been getting after choosing to remain on the WL

I got the same thing and interpreted it as acknowledgment of the WL continued interest like you said.

I did not get any update to my application nor confirmation email. Anyone else in the same boat??

Hi! Did you get a response from the admissions office? I also replied to the waitlist interest email on Friday, but still have not gotten a confirmation :( not sure if it means anything, but tbh I would rather not have anxiety over whether they received my email

Reactions: 2 users
still haven't gotten a confirmation email for my WL interest either

Hi! Did you get a response from the admissions office? I also replied to the waitlist interest email on Friday, but still have not gotten a confirmation :( not sure if it means anything, but tbh I would rather not have anxiety over whether they received my email

Yes! I got a call back this morning (gave me a heart attack cuz I thought I was about to get off the waitlist lol). They said they’re looking through the responses and are sending out confirmations as they go through them. So if you haven’t gotten a confirmation don’t worry right now. This likely means that waitlist movement here won’t happens until maybe tomorrow or Wednesday.