2019-2020 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
where did u get this info?? was it sent in an email to all accepted students?
This information was not emailed as this is still being discussed. So there has not been a firm decision yet and I am not speaking on part of the university. This was a call with current students and faculty members discussing the options. Needless to say, the situation is evolving and they will definitely let us know when a decision is made. But if we do return to campus that is what it will look like.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How have you guys been contacting financial aid during the pandemic? I sent an email but no response and it’s been 48 hours, considering calling

Got the call today! Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, congrats! Did you send any updates/ LOI and when?

Yes I sent an LOI a month ago, and I sent them an update that my manuscript was in R&R this past Monday! I guess it might have helped?

Reactions: 2 users
Just FYI, I have a good friend that got the call yesterday. I know nothing about his stats, status on the WL, updates anything. But felt like yall would like to know.

Reactions: 7 users
Just FYI, I have a good friend that got the call yesterday. I know nothing about his stats, status on the WL, updates anything. But felt like yall would like to know.
Yeah there has been movement all week. Also more people dropped today so could be movement early next week as well. Keep your hopes up!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Hey ya'll. Just another WL hopeful here. Any movement seen in the group these past few days? My CTE for another school is coming up so I'm here just like -_________-

Reactions: 1 users
Hey ya'll. Just another WL hopeful here. Any movement seen in the group these past few days? My CTE for another school is coming up so I'm here just like -_________-
People seem to have been swapping out at a rate of like 1 person per day on average for the past week.

Reactions: 3 users

Fellow WLer here. Called yesterday and they said that the class is currently full but they will pull people from the WL as seats open up right up until a week before classes start. I'm in a similar boat with the CTE for my current school being the second-to-last week of June so I plan on holding on until then lol. Praying hard for all of us on the WL.

Reactions: 3 users
Fellow WLer here. Called yesterday and they said that the class is currently full but they will pull people from the WL as seats open up right up until a week before classes start. I'm in a similar boat with the CTE for my current school being the second-to-last week of June so I plan on holding on until then lol. Praying hard for all of us on the WL.

This is great to hear because it sounds like a similar position to what they were saying on May 12th, and people have continued to be accepted since then. I'm trying to be realistic with myself, but also I am not going to give up hope! Thanks for giving them a call!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey y'all how have you e-mailed schools that you will be withdrawing your acceptance...? I can't seem to find how other people have done it via Google. It's just awkward because they're like "talk to us and students if you want help making a decision"

Members don't see this ad :)
Short and sweet.

dear x office of admissions,
Thank you for the opportunity to attend x school of medicine. I’ve appreciated the professionalism and support that you have shown me throughout the duration of this application.

Unfortunately, after careful thought, I have decided that I will not be matriculating to your institutions for (persoanl, financial, or no reason lol). Thank you all again for your interest and I wish you the very best moving forward.

Regards,
somuchforHMS

So weird that I feel guilty for saying no lol whereas schools have been like "yeah we're not movin forward w your ass" lmaoo

So weird that I feel guilty for saying no lol whereas schools have been like "yeah we're not movin forward w your ass" lmaoo
416F52D1-EB0D-419B-8482-3F243401B590.gif

CTE in 2 weeks :( ow

• Sad
For those on the waitlist, they just announced Fall will be online. Not sure how much of a secret this is.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Since CTE is in 2 weeks, should we expect some movement before or after it?

Last edited:
Since CTE is in 2 weeks, should we expect some movement before or after it?
Possibly both. Could be CTEs from other schools before Cornell’s CTE that produce WL movement which current WCMC acceptees prefer and subsequently drop their As

ANd then after Cornell CTE, some current acceptance holders could have chosen another school they already had ... which also would open up spots.

anything could happen lol

Wait, is there something I’m missing? Did they send out rejections or did a specific deadline pass?

Sent one final letter to the update email. hopefully they still consider it haha
#shootyourshot

When you guys send update letters do you send it to the update email and dean of admission or just update email? Also gl to everyone still waiting, hope you're all doing okay!!!

When you guys send update letters do you send it to the update email and dean of admission or just update email? Also gl to everyone still waiting, hope you're all doing okay!!!

I've only sent it to the update email...perhaps I should've also added the dean?

I also have only been sending them to the update email! Just was looking over the waitlist thread and people were saying they send it directly to the dean so just wanted to see if there was a consensus here

hey guys i'm an incoming MS1 at another NYC med school. I was wondering if weill cornell was starting online this fall and if tuition/cost of attendance was changed. would appreciate any feedback on this! thanks :)

I sent an email asking if the class was full and I got a reply saying it is currently full but technically movement can occur until the end of the summer.

not sure if anyone checks this thread, but for anyone who was accepted off the waitlist, would you mind PMing me to help answer some questions about an LOI and other advice? would super appreciate it :,)