You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Weill Cornell
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got the call today! Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Hi, congrats! Did you send any updates/ LOI and when?
Hi, congrats! Did you send any updates/ LOI and when?
Yes I sent an LOI a month ago, and I sent them an update that my manuscript was in R&R this past Monday! I guess it might have helped?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! I remember you and I were both late IIs and were like wtf I thought our cycle was already over.
Happy to see we’ll be classmates
Big 2020 energy after a crazy year lmao. Excited as well!
Just FYI, I have a good friend that got the call yesterday. I know nothing about his stats, status on the WL, updates anything. But felt like yall would like to know.
hungry_african
Full Member
Yeah there has been movement all week. Also more people dropped today so could be movement early next week as well. Keep your hopes up!!!Just FYI, I have a good friend that got the call yesterday. I know nothing about his stats, status on the WL, updates anything. But felt like yall would like to know.
hungry_african
Full Member
People seem to have been swapping out at a rate of like 1 person per day on average for the past week.Hey ya'll. Just another WL hopeful here. Any movement seen in the group these past few days? My CTE for another school is coming up so I'm here just like -_________-
Hey ya'll. Just another WL hopeful here. Any movement seen in the group these past few days? My CTE for another school is coming up so I'm here just like -_________-
Fellow WLer here. Called yesterday and they said that the class is currently full but they will pull people from the WL as seats open up right up until a week before classes start. I'm in a similar boat with the CTE for my current school being the second-to-last week of June so I plan on holding on until then lol. Praying hard for all of us on the WL.
Fellow WLer here. Called yesterday and they said that the class is currently full but they will pull people from the WL as seats open up right up until a week before classes start. I'm in a similar boat with the CTE for my current school being the second-to-last week of June so I plan on holding on until then lol. Praying hard for all of us on the WL.
This is great to hear because it sounds like a similar position to what they were saying on May 12th, and people have continued to be accepted since then. I'm trying to be realistic with myself, but also I am not going to give up hope! Thanks for giving them a call!
Hey y'all how have you e-mailed schools that you will be withdrawing your acceptance...? I can't seem to find how other people have done it via Google. It's just awkward because they're like "talk to us and students if you want help making a decision"
Short and sweet.
dear x office of admissions,
Thank you for the opportunity to attend x school of medicine. I’ve appreciated the professionalism and support that you have shown me throughout the duration of this application.
Unfortunately, after careful thought, I have decided that I will not be matriculating to your institutions for (persoanl, financial, or no reason lol). Thank you all again for your interest and I wish you the very best moving forward.
Regards,
somuchforHMS
So weird that I feel guilty for saying no lol whereas schools have been like "yeah we're not movin forward w your ass" lmaoo
So weird that I feel guilty for saying no lol whereas schools have been like "yeah we're not movin forward w your ass" lmaoo
preprepremedaf
Full Member
Any updates from anyone on anything? 🙁 Starting to lose hope
beyondconfusedneedhelplps
Full Member
do we need to pay and send our official transcripts to waitlist schools? or can we wait to see if we get in?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those on the waitlist, they just announced Fall will be online. Not sure how much of a secret this is.
Possibly both. Could be CTEs from other schools before Cornell’s CTE that produce WL movement which current WCMC acceptees prefer and subsequently drop their AsSince CTE is in 2 weeks, should we expect some movement before or after it?
ANd then after Cornell CTE, some current acceptance holders could have chosen another school they already had ... which also would open up spots.
anything could happen lol
beyondconfusedneedhelplps
Full Member
Did waitlist applicants send their final transcripts?
It’s ok my app is RIP’ing with yours as well, twas an interesting cycleSo RIP?
happygoose
Full Member
It definitely was. I am in the process of reapplying.. big RIPIt’s ok my app is RIP’ing with yours as well, twas an interesting cycle
When is the Cornell deadline officially
I think the CTE date is June 30th, but I'm not sure if there will be waitlist movement accompanying it
Sent one final letter to the update email. hopefully they still consider it haha
#shootyourshot
#shootyourshot
When you guys send update letters do you send it to the update email and dean of admission or just update email? Also gl to everyone still waiting, hope you're all doing okay!!!
I've only sent it to the update email...perhaps I should've also added the dean?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not sure if anyone checks this thread, but for anyone who was accepted off the waitlist, would you mind PMing me to help answer some questions about an LOI and other advice? would super appreciate it :,)