2008-2009 Commonwealth Medical College Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seyedprince

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my secondary so I thought I'd start this thread. Is anyone else having problems submitting your application? It keeps saying Error Data cannot include "set" w/e that means. I thought it had to do w/ my copy and pasting my essays. But when i write them out and submit them nothing happens. It says saved and when i try to view the application the essays are not there. It is really frustrating. Has anyone gotten this to work?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my secondary so I thought I'd start this thread. Is anyone else having problems submitting your application? It keeps saying Error Data cannot include "set" w/e that means. I thought it had to do w/ my copy and pasting my essays. But when i write them out and submit them nothing happens. It says saved and when i try to view the application the essays are not there. It is really frustrating. Has anyone gotten this to work?
I'm not submitting there, but I just wanted to say that you should probably attempt submission with different browsers. I.e. Firefox, IE, etc. Sometimes various scripts don't get along with certain web browsers.

i don't know if i should apply to this school, it appears that the secondary app is very heavily PA based. does that mean they only want in state?

Members don't see this ad :)
As soon as I saw the secondary I decided I'm not going to apply there. There are so many PA heavy questions I can't imagine I would have a chance getting in!

As soon as I saw the secondary I decided I'm not going to apply there. There are so many PA heavy questions I can't imagine I would have a chance getting in!

you already have an acceptance tho, that's gotta feel good :)

WOW... this supplementary applciation system has some severe glitches... i could not save or load my essay on it!!!! WTF!!! I emailed them....no word til monday i guess. sigh.:scared::scared::scared::scared::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

If you could speak directly to the admissions committee, what would you tell them?

5 attributes that a physician must have, and an example of how you've demonstrated these.

How long have you lived in PA? How long have your parents lived in PA? Do you know any employees at TCMC?

WOW... this supplementary applciation system has some severe glitches... i could not save or load my essay on it!!!! WTF!!! I emailed them....no word til monday i guess. sigh.:scared::scared::scared::scared::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don't worry, same. Hope the medical network isn't as bad.

Whoops, there goes the operating screen.

What's the website that the secondary is at? Can someone link the log in URL. I got the email, but where it says "click here" there is now link to click.

I'm bumping this...can someone please provide a link. I e-mailed admissions but I have a feeling I won't hear for a bit.

Thank you so much!

I just got an interview invite to this school, has anyone interviewed yet/ been invited for an interview? I am out of state from Michigan! I am so glad they are looking at us OOS-er's!

I just got an interview invite to this school, has anyone interviewed yet/ been invited for an interview? I am out of state from Michigan! I am so glad they are looking at us OOS-er's!

Just so you know, there's another forum for TCMC that has a LOT more information:

http://more.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=571794

I'm also OOS and interviewed 2 weeks ago...they are not making any distinction between IS/OOS in terms of acceptances, they are just trying to put together a good class for the first few years. It's a really relaxed interview; it was the easiest one I've had so far. They were very complimentary and enthusiastic and it was extremely conversational. Low stress. Good luck!

thanks! I appreciate it!

Would anyone happen to know the percentage of out of state students they're planning on accepting? I noticed the heavy questions concerning PA residency and I was curious what the chance of someone from CA would have.

*IGNORE THIS

How the hell do you make multiple paragraphs in question 7 (listing attributes)? I space them out, then the final screen comes up after hitting "next" and it shows only one space between the first and second, but no more spaces after. How do I get the 4 spaces so there's 5 paragraphs?

Status
Not open for further replies.