2021-2022 Geisinger Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did not get that and im deferred

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the packet too. I was deferred and then withdrew in late february so I am confused

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
I got the letter "dear future student" today and also am deferred... like checked amcas and everything.... guess I'll simply perish? (I don't think the March 10th date is the postmark if we're all getting them now. Either they mistakenly printed them out with deferred students addresses and meant to throw them out or maybe sent them out a few days too early for the acceptance email or alternatively simply hate us and want us to suffer)

I got the letter "dear future student" today and also am deferred... like checked amcas and everything.... guess I'll simply perish? (I don't think the March 10th date is the postmark if we're all getting them now. Either they mistakenly printed them out with deferred students addresses and meant to throw them out or maybe sent them out a few days too early for the acceptance email or alternatively simply hate us and want us to suffer)
+1, got this today and have been deferred since December lol

Anybody feel like taking one for the team and uhhhhh calling them

I have been deferred since like Oct or Nov and I didn’t get any mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tried calling twice but no answer and their mailbox is full so idk guys

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
I did however check last years post and it looks like they do send out a thick wave of acceptances along with the waitlists right at the beginning of April so it’s gonna be any day now

They might wait until after the 15th because that is going to be the first wave of withdrawals

I got the Geisinger "dear future student" packet in the mail today, and I haven't gotten any decision yet (interviewed in early March). It was also dated March 10th, which seems too soon after my interview date for a decision to have been made

Hey y'all, I emailed admissions and inquired about this. They said that the greeting was just a "formality," and in no way indicates any status update. All status updates will be communicated via email/portal.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey y'all, I emailed admissions and inquired about this. They said that the greeting was just a "formality," and in no way indicates any status update. All status updates will be communicated via email/portal.
sad 🥲

Reactions: 2 users
No offense to admissions but that’s the meanest thing anyone’s done and another school sent me an email telling me they added my update letter to my file and reminding me i could only provide two updates and not to hesitate to reach out like five hours before rejecting me

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
No offense to admissions but that’s the meanest thing anyone’s done and another school sent me an email telling me they added my update letter to my file and reminding me i could only provide two updates and not to hesitate to reach out like five hours before rejecting me
sorry, it really sucks. definitely up there with: 1 the story about that certain school accidentally accepting all its students and having to retract 2. one of the schools I got rejected from but they shamelessly plugged their pharmacy program in the rejection notice.

• Wow
For MS3 and MS4, are most rotations completed in Scranton? I see they have 4 or 5 regional campuses. Any insight into it how it works would be appreciated!

For MS3 and MS4, are most rotations completed in Scranton? I see they have 4 or 5 regional campuses. Any insight into it how it works would be appreciated!
6 different campuses for rotations, you'll spend most of your time at one campus but might occasionally do a rotation elsewhere, can also request to do one at a certain campus if you like, campuses like Atlantic City and Danville have a broader selection beyond core. Two of the campuses are very close to Scranton though (North/South). Getting assigned has changed over the years but recently it's been a ranked lottery with switching allowed. Might change going forward but there's some flexibility.

6 different campuses for rotations, you'll spend most of your time at one campus but might occasionally do a rotation elsewhere, can also request to do one at a certain campus if you like, campuses like Atlantic City and Danville have a broader selection beyond core. Two of the campuses are very close to Scranton though (North/South). Getting assigned has changed over the years but recently it's been a ranked lottery with switching allowed. Might change going forward but there's some flexibility.
Thank you! Super helpful!

Interviewed 3/14 and just got placed on alternate list rip

• Care
Is the alternate list the same as the deferral list? Or is that a waitlist? Been deferred since last November and haven't heard anything since. I wonder if those on Deferred get put on an alternate list later or something.

So you got an email right now? Also, idk how credible my source is, but a student told me about 10 people came off the waitlist last cycle.

Is the alternate list the same as the deferral list? Or is that a waitlist? Been deferred since last November and haven't heard anything since. I wonder if those on Deferred get put on an alternate list later or something.
Deferral I think means they’re still considering for admission now, but very annoying that you haven’t heard a definitive answer

So you got an email right now? Also, idk how credible my source is, but a student told me about 10 people came off the waitlist last cycle.
Yes around 11 and yeah I’m not holding my breath, I’m on 4 WL now and also heard not many people come off the waitlist here

Does the Choose Your Medical School tool update automatically once you get an admissions decision?

That sucks. According to the AAMC waitlist data, there are around 380 waitlist positions and only 30 acceptance offers :(

Yes around 11 and yeah I’m not holding my breath, I’m on 4 WL now and also heard not many people come off the waitlist here
Literally in the same boat! Deferred here so not getting my hopes up. Fingers crossed though.

Is anyone else who interviewed in early March still waiting to hear a decision?

I was WL 4/11 at 4:01 PM EST after being deferred on 10/18.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the email that I am on the alternate list. Interviewed January and deferred in February.

Also got hit with the alternate list at 4:01 PM 4/11 after 1/25 interview…see ya

Deferred in the fall after interview and just placed on the alternate list, maybe there is hope?

Just got the A after being deferred last month. Super excited!

Withdrew from alternate list via the portal, do we have to email them as well or is the portal sufficient?