You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Jefferson Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how they are giving out interviews, but I was just offered one (OOS). It's for next Wednesday, so I'm sure it's filling the spot of somebody who withdrew. I don't know if that means they are done scheduling interviews and will only grant them in the case of withdrawals. Good luck to those still waiting.
I'm not sure how they are giving out interviews, but I was just offered one (OOS). It's for next Wednesday, so I'm sure it's filling the spot of somebody who withdrew. I don't know if that means they are done scheduling interviews and will only grant them in the case of withdrawals. Good luck to those still waiting.
I was also offered one on short notice (invite 12/30, interview 1/7) but I had to reschedule because of work. They offered me 2/18, 2/25, and 3/2.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So....since Jefferson silently rejects, when should I give up hope with this school? I've been complete since late-July/early-August, and I haven't heard a peep!
So....since Jefferson silently rejects, when should I give up hope with this school? I've been complete since late-July/early-August, and I haven't heard a peep!
Don't give up hope yet buddy. I just got a random invite in late late December for late January. I've been complete since August too. There is still a chance! Send em an update or something. Its what I did.
So....since Jefferson silently rejects, when should I give up hope with this school? I've been complete since late-July/early-August, and I haven't heard a peep!
Is there a reason why Jefferson holds some particular appeal for you? If not, why do you care? You've been accepted to four schools. You thought Penn State was too far from home? Jefferson is even farther. You've done well this admissions cylce. Be happy with what you've achieved. Don't worry about schools that you haven't heard from. There are plenty of people on here who would give their right arm for just one of your acceptances.
Is there a reason why Jefferson holds some particular appeal for you? If not, why do you care? You've been accepted to four schools. You thought Penn State was too far from home? Jefferson is even farther. You've done well this admissions cylce. Be happy with what you've achieved. Don't worry about schools that you haven't heard from. There are plenty of people on here who would give their right arm for just one of your acceptances.
Whoa now. I didn't come in here complaining about why Jefferson hasn't accepted me yet, nor do I feel like they should have accepted me a long time ago. I just asked a question. I care because I spent ~$100 on applying to this school, and I would like some kind of result, even if it's a silent rejection. Don't lecture about how I shouldn't care since I already have acceptances because I already know I've been very fortunate.
complete since august and not a word too!
Same here...silent rejection?
Same here...silent rejection?
I was complete on 7/18 and received an interview invite on 12/30... so don't lose hope yet!
Whoa now. I didn't come in here complaining about why Jefferson hasn't accepted me yet, nor do I feel like they should have accepted me a long time ago. I just asked a question. I care because I spent ~$100 on applying to this school, and I would like some kind of result, even if it's a silent rejection. Don't lecture about how I shouldn't care since I already have acceptances because I already know I've been very fortunate.
Sorry you don't like being lectured to. I guess I should have realized that someone who thinks he "spanked the MCAT" has nothing to learn from those who are older and wiser for having been through the process.

By the way, what does " ... I would like some kind of result, even if it's a silent rejection" mean? Don't you, at this point, already have that?

Sorry you don't like being lectured to. I guess I should have realized that someone who thinks he "spanked the MCAT" has nothing to learn from those who are older and wiser for having been through the process.
By the way, what does " ... I would like some kind of result, even if it's a silent rejection" mean? Don't you, at this point, already have that?![]()
😕 I don't know where you get off buddy, but you didn't exactly offer to teach me anything in your original post. Instead, you just provided me with empty words that didn't really answer my question.
And apparently, I don't necessarily have a silent rejection at this point, as a couple of more helpful posters have pointed out. Anyways, I got my answer. Good luck to the rest of you!

Yeah, I wouldn't lose hope yet. I know that Jefferson interviews all the way until late March and even early April if needed. I heard back from them pretty late (late January I think) and ended up interviewing in the middle of March and it worked out fine.
Yeah, I wouldn't lose hope yet. I know that Jefferson interviews all the way until late March and even early April if needed. I heard back from them pretty late (late January I think) and ended up interviewing in the middle of March and it worked out fine.
I bet there are a number of people getting kind of anxious at this point (myself included) because they haven't heard anything from schools. If you haven't heard anything (it's January, 6 months of waiting for Pete's sake!), how likely are you to be granted an interview at this point in the game? Do you suppose schools are fully booked and just giving a few interviews for spots that open up along the way? Could any med students or previous applicants shed any insight? Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I bet there are a number of people getting kind of anxious at this point (myself included) because they haven't heard anything from schools. If you haven't heard anything (it's January, 6 months of waiting for Pete's sake!), how likely are you to be granted an interview at this point in the game? Do you suppose schools are fully booked and just giving a few interviews for spots that open up along the way? Could any med students or previous applicants shed any insight? Thanks
I think there is still hope until the second week of February. At that point, I would come up with a plan to improve for the next year. I have heard the stories of someone getting a call in March to come to an interview and on that day be sure to play the lottery.
I think there is still hope until the second week of February. At that point, I would come up with a plan to improve for the next year. I have heard the stories of someone getting a call in March to come to an interview and on that day be sure to play the lottery.
Any particular reason you suggest the second week of Feb as the cutoff mark?
just to let you know, according to lizzym cutoff is jan 21
that's just the date based on her school. it sounded more like she threw a somewhat arbitrary # out there just to quiet the SDN masses haha. but yea, consider the end of January to be the cutoff for sure.
that's just the date based on her school. it sounded more like she threw a somewhat arbitrary # out there just to quiet the SDN masses haha. but yea, consider the end of January to be the cutoff for sure.
the thing is her school is a top ranking school, so i would guess it has a shorter interview season. thus it gives neurotic sdners an earlier date to legitimately panic and c'mon do we want to deny them an excuse

that's just the date based on her school. it sounded more like she threw a somewhat arbitrary # out there just to quiet the SDN masses haha. but yea, consider the end of January to be the cutoff for sure.
Wow, now I feel like I'm waiting for divine intervention on death row.. 🙁
Hi,
Does anybody know whether Jeff has accepted anybody off of the "high priority waiting list"? I was placed on this list in October and told that the earliest they would accept people off of this list was December. Just curious whether anyone knew anything about this...
Thanks!
Does anybody know whether Jeff has accepted anybody off of the "high priority waiting list"? I was placed on this list in October and told that the earliest they would accept people off of this list was December. Just curious whether anyone knew anything about this...
Thanks!
When you click on "Display Secondary Application Status" there is a section that says "Interview Status" with the scheduled interview date.
Wow, now I feel like I'm waiting for divine intervention on death row.. 🙁
lol. now you sound like lincoln burrows on death row from prison break. If that's the case, it's a good thing! g'

Dude, seriously? f*ck your final. You're already in medical school. Try talking your way into doing it earlier or something.
Also I have an interview coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to get pumped up for this school. Can you guys tell me what you love about the school so much?
Also I have an interview coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to get pumped up for this school. Can you guys tell me what you love about the school so much?
I did already decide on Jeff (unless PSU gives me an interview and wows me off my feet). I want to go to the 2nd look weekend because they give you information about housing (their medical fraternity vs. apartments), and you get to meet some of your fellow classmates.
I can't really speak about the interview unless you're interviewing for the Physician Shortage Area Program because all the questions they asked were about me growing up rural.
FYI, though, don't be alarmed when you see 30 other people interviewing. They only interview 1x a week, and there will be a lot of you.
I can't really speak about the interview unless you're interviewing for the Physician Shortage Area Program because all the questions they asked were about me growing up rural.
FYI, though, don't be alarmed when you see 30 other people interviewing. They only interview 1x a week, and there will be a lot of you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did anyone get a call yesterday from jeff? i interviewed before xmas break, and was under the impression we would hear this week. they seem to make calls wednesday afternoons. also if you are deferred or wait listed how are you notified?
Just had my interview yesterday. Really nice school and everyone was very friendly. The impression that I got was that they will notify you when your interviewer attends the weekly meeting and presents you. Some people hear in a week, some people have to wait a few weeks. It sounded like they make a decision as soon as you are presented and let you know that day. They call for acceptances, but you might have to wait for a waitlist or rejection.
did anyone get a call yesterday from jeff? i interviewed before xmas break, and was under the impression we would hear this week. they seem to make calls wednesday afternoons. also if you are deferred or wait listed how are you notified?
It took the full four weeks before a few of us heard after our interviews so don't stress about any particular Wednesday. Sometimes your interviewer can't make it to an Adcom meeting.
Acceptance is normally a phone call on Wednesday afternoon followed by a postcard sized envelope. I think the waitlist is snail mail.
I have an interview at Jefferson on the 28th. Any advise for me? I looked through the feedback page, and there really wasn't too much there from this cycle. Mostly I got the feeling that it is a laid back interview. Anyone with good tips?
hey dude, i'll be there too. I'm the short persian guy. Say hello!
Cool. I will be the average looking white guy. 😛
I have an interview at Jefferson on the 28th. Any advise for me? I looked through the feedback page, and there really wasn't too much there from this cycle. Mostly I got the feeling that it is a laid back interview. Anyone with good tips?
For the most part the interviews are about being yourself and letting the interviewers get to know who you are and what makes you tick. Jefferson's interviews are indeed laid back, but you still have to take them seriously. The student interview is really all about whether the interviewer can see you as a colleague. Good luck on the interview tomorrow.
I sent a letter to Jeff saying that I'll be attending and I sent them the $100. When do that actually start giving me all the information that I need (fin aid info, info about orientation, first day of class, etc).
Oh, and I'm kind of excited about getting a @jefferson.edu email address. When does that happen?
Oh, and I'm kind of excited about getting a @jefferson.edu email address. When does that happen?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG, I just figured out how to access Jeffmail and blackboard to give me access to all the information about Jefferson.This is almost as good as the day I got accepted!
I've been accepted and I sent in the deposit. Does that mean I can access Jeffmail too?
Bleh, I'm getting a bit discouraged/frustrated/annoyed.
I've been accepted and I sent in the deposit. Does that mean I can access Jeffmail too?
Probably, you just need to find the "Campus Key" look up page and get yours. Then you can set a password and it will give you access to email, etc.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
. It's April 30 to May 1. Since Jeff is the school I'm going to be attending, I should go but I will probably have a final.
This is almost as good as the day I got accepted!