2008-2009 Morehouse Secondary Application Thread

Started by BlackDr2b
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the email too and they said something like its just a heads up so that we can expect our mail in the next week or so.......i don't know what's going on at this point.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1st Year

Summer:
Fundamentals of Medicine I (human behavior)
Human Morphology
Medical Biochemistry

Fall and Spring:
Human Morphology
Medical Biochemistry
Neurobiology
Medical Physiology
Fundamentals of Medicine I
Community Health
2nd Year
Pathophysiology
Microbiology and Immunology
Pathology
Pharmacology
Nutrition
Fundamentals of Medicine II (psychopathology)

3rd Year Clerkships
Internal Medicine (2 months)
Pediatrics (2 months)
OB/GYN (2 months)
Psychiatry (7 weeks)
Family Medicine (2 months)
Surgery (2 months)
4th Year
Ambulatory Medicine (1 month)
Rural Primary Care (1 month)
Electives (5 months)
 
ur welcome 🙂, have u decided if you are attending morehouse?

i havent decided yet. its between morehouse and the university of utah (state school). its so much harder having a choice between multiple schools-NOT that i'm complaining of course.
where are you going to go? 🙂
 
i havent decided yet. its between morehouse and the university of utah (state school). its so much harder having a choice between multiple schools-NOT that i'm complaining of course.
where are you going to go? 🙂

I haven't decided yet, it's between Morehouse and Drexel, but I am leaning more towards Morehouse
 
Hey,

I was wondering if someone can provide me with general information on Morehouse concerning...
  1. whether or not the curriculum is system based
  2. if there are good research opportunities at Morehouse
  3. what kind of student activites are there at Morehouse (for a class size of only ~56 students, how many student organizations can there be?)
  4. I know that Morehouse is really big on primary care and stresses serving the underserved populations. What exactly does Morehouse do differently, if anything, than other medical schools to emphasize those two things?
  5. Finally, does this mean that very few students go into a residency other than a primary care residency?
Thanks and sorry for the long list of questions. I'm having a tough time deciding between this school and another medical school (I'm up at 3:20 AM thinking about it).
 
I'd hate to start one and have to bail out on it. I'm waiting to hear from 2 other schools that I'd absolutely love to attend. So actually, I'd really like to start a group and then leave it since that'd mean I got into my top choice school (both schools are tied for my top choice, then Morehouse would be my 2nd). Haha, oh well...
 
hey y'all...congrats to all accepted and good luck to those still waiting. I interviewed at MSM back in October and was accepted in December. Does anyone know for sure that they're going?
 
Congratulations to all those who have been accepted to Morehouse School of Medicine!!!!! 😀
For all those who got accepted what were your GPAs and MCAT scores, if you don't mind me asking.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi all, I was accpeted way back in December. congrats all on getting in and hope to see you soon.

also, I am from California and was wondering how early should I head to Atlanta to get a good pace to live...Also anyone looking for a roommate 😀
 
hi all, I was accpeted way back in December. congrats all on getting in and hope to see you soon.

also, I am from California and was wondering how early should I head to Atlanta to get a good pace to live...Also anyone looking for a roommate 😀


Same here, i've been looking on the internet for places to stay. i know the school is compiling a list of people interested in getting roommates, but if any female is interested in one please let me know, and just send me a message
 
Status
Not open for further replies.