-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Mount Sinai Secondary Application Thread
Started by UVAbme2009
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG ACCEPTED!! Interviewed early Jan. 😛 Thought this one was definitely out of my league....Good luck guys!!!
This. And it wasn't even a week since my interview.lol, "we are pleased to inform you that you have been placed on the alternate list."
Nope I was never on the waitlist. I interview a few weeks ago.Congratz!!!
were u on waitlist or did u interview in the past month?
Yes; I interviewed last Thursday. Quick response is good though, I guess.wait elanmorin5, were you put on the alternate list less than one week after you inteviewed?? i was there last week too, and haven't heard a thing...
I think what they do is they have an adcom meeting every wed, then release a bunch of acceptances for a specific period (probably about a month). I am pretty sure that I will matriculate at Sinai. My other acceptance is ranked about 80 places lower than Sinai and charges more for tuition.
wow, what school is that??I think what they do is they have an adcom meeting every wed, then release a bunch of acceptances for a specific period (probably about a month). I am pretty sure that I will matriculate at Sinai. My other acceptance is ranked about 80 places lower than Sinai and charges more for tuition.
accepted. looks like I'll finally be able to meet the legendary LET and the poster above me. Is there a second look for mount sinai?
BTW, I interviewed early jan.
😳
By the way, to all the new acceptees: here's the c/o 2013 thread. It's a lonely, sad place right now...
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=598773
That is exactly what I ws told when I interviewed at Mt. Sinai.wow, what school is that??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
accepted. looks like I'll finally be able to meet the legendary LET and the poster above me. Is there a second look for mount sinai?
BTW, I interviewed early jan.
She's even more enchanting in person than she is online. 😉
For those accepted: Did you call to accept the offer or are you going to wait until you get the formal letter?
She's even more enchanting in person than she is online. 😉
😳 aw, you charmer, you.
For those accepted: Did you call to accept the offer or are you going to wait until you get the formal letter?
Just email them back! It's the simplest way, really. You'll get the letter soon. Congrats!
Ok, so my question is: If I havent yet received a rejection from Mt. Sinai (I've been complete since Sept), does that mean they are still considering me?
People have gotten rejection notices from Sinai. What makes you think that you got rejected? Had they intended to reject you after they reviewed your file you would know about it.Ok, so my question is: If I havent yet received a rejection from Mt. Sinai (I've been complete since Sept), does that mean they are still considering me?
I think someone said they were rejected from Mount Sinai a few pages back. They also told of us during my interview day, that some would get accepted within, that others would be rejected, but that most would be waitlisted/put into the big pool. In any case, if you have had an interview, there is no reason to assume that silence indicates you've been rejected.wait anotherface, are you sure about the rejections. i don't think they have given any pre-interview rejectionss
Congrats to all the new people who got accepted!!!!! cant wait to meet you all. come join the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=117015525602.
Second look is April 24th-25th and orientation starts on August 19th!
Second look is April 24th-25th and orientation starts on August 19th!
I think someone said they were rejected from Mount Sinai a few pages back. They also told of us during my interview day, that some would get accepted within, that others would be rejected, but that most would be waitlisted/put into the big pool. In any case, if you have had an interview, there is no reason to assume that silence indicates you've been rejected.
I thinks bluesmd is talkin bout pre-interview
I think someone said they were rejected from Mount Sinai a few pages back. They also told of us during my interview day, that some would get accepted within, that others would be rejected, but that most would be waitlisted/put into the big pool. In any case, if you have had an interview, there is no reason to assume that silence indicates you've been rejected.
i think that person only found out about a pre-interview rejection, because he or she called to check his or her status. It wasn't an e-mail or a letter or anything
Which makes me wonder, I called about 2 weeks ago and was told that my file is still being reviewed? Are they still giving interviews? (I've been complete from sometime in sept or oct)
In that case ignore everything I said. 😀i think that person only found out about a pre-interview rejection, because he or she called to check his or her status. It wasn't an e-mail or a letter or anything
Which makes me wonder, I called about 2 weeks ago and was told that my file is still being reviewed? Are they still giving interviews? (I've been complete from sometime in sept or oct)
I will be in NYC for an interview and email Mount Sinai with an "in the area" email. They quickly responded with an email stating "Noted" but that's about all. At least there's some hope. As for my last post, I meant to say that I hav not been invited to interview yet. So, I was wondering if they haven't yet sent me a letter of rejection, does that mean I am still being considered?
I know that Mount Sinai designates M and W between 2-4 as their application status inquiry time.. but I have tried calling numerous times today, no one seems to be picking up the phone. Does this mean that they are all wrapped up about this application cycle?
If anyone could gimme the phone number they used to call.. I'd appreciate that as well.. just to double check.. although I did get the automated message at the beginning "Thank you for calling MSSM, please understand we reserve M, W 2-4 for admission status checks..."
If anyone could gimme the phone number they used to call.. I'd appreciate that as well.. just to double check.. although I did get the automated message at the beginning "Thank you for calling MSSM, please understand we reserve M, W 2-4 for admission status checks..."
I know that Mount Sinai designates M and W between 2-4 as their application status inquiry time.. but I have tried calling numerous times today, no one seems to be picking up the phone. Does this mean that they are all wrapped up about this application cycle?
If anyone could gimme the phone number they used to call.. I'd appreciate that as well.. just to double check.. although I did get the automated message at the beginning "Thank you for calling MSSM, please understand we reserve M, W 2-4 for admission status checks..."
Today is a holiday. Most people are off work and I think all schools are closed...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Take a look at the interview feedback page. Mount Sinai prouds itself on being friendly. However, this does not mean they will not ask you hard questions.i have my sinai interview coming up soon, can anyone offer any advice? how are the interviews--are they friendly or more uptight?
Is there still any chance left of an interview? Anything we can do to increase our chances? I already sent a letter of interest over there. I feel like begging at this point and if I thought it would help, I might just do it.
Is there still any chance left of an interview? Anything we can do to increase our chances? I already sent a letter of interest over there. I feel like begging at this point and if I thought it would help, I might just do it.

someone said earlier that there are still are interviews left, but i'm sure not many
begging cant hurt at this point right? lol maybe shoot an email over to admissions with a small update and saying how much you love mssm?
been there, done that. MULTIPLE TIMES. and still no response.

They wouldn't reject you for telling them you like their school.really ar? i don't want to seem too desperate?
congrats!! if you don't want it, i'll take it 😀yeh theyre still giving interviews i just got offered one earlier today for feb 24th. i thought this bs was over............
When you call M/W 2-4 do they actually tell you anything useful?
When you call M/W 2-4 do they actually tell you anything useful?
You mean besides from telling you about your general status "you're still under review" ? Nope.
99% sure that you'll get that response if you call.You mean besides from telling you about your general status "you're still under review" ? Nope.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
99% sure that you'll get that response if you call.
Good call guys, that is indeed what I got.
Oh well.
For those of you interviewed at MSSM and received an acceptance what were your MCAT GPA?
I am asking this because everyone I have spoken with got waitslited and most had below 35, only but one, so I know my out come.
Any thoughts, does anyone know about how many get off the waitlist? I know it varies but any trend?
thanks
I am asking this because everyone I have spoken with got waitslited and most had below 35, only but one, so I know my out come.
Any thoughts, does anyone know about how many get off the waitlist? I know it varies but any trend?
thanks
I have 35+, but do not take that to mean that you are going to get waitlisted because you do not.For those of you interviewed at MSSM and received an acceptance what were your MCAT GPA?
I am asking this because everyone I have spoken with got waitslited and most had below 35, only but one, so I know my out come.
Any thoughts, does anyone know about how many get off the waitlist? I know it varies but any trend?
thanks
For those of you interviewed at MSSM and received an acceptance what were your MCAT GPA?
thanks
Please check out mdapplicants.com for this information. One of the most appealing aspects of Mt. Sinai to me was that students there do not seem to attach much hype to numbers. I hope we can set this precedent for next year's class and keep the GPA/MCAT talk to a minimum.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K