-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Stanford Secondary Application Thread
Started by Venus Islander
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
getting nervous b/c I should be hearing back really soon
How do you know when to hear back? I interviewed yesterday so will it be about a month? Good luck!!!
How do you know when to hear back? I interviewed yesterday so will it be about a month? Good luck!!!
When I interviewed they told me to wait for up to 2 months for a decision.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an invite to interview!!! So out of the blue (been complete since last August). alma mater love ftw
Um... completely unexpected interview invite this morning. I'd pretty much resigned myself to a silent rejection months ago.
So, it being this late in the game, am I only interviewing for the waitlist?
Yep
I'm not privy to any special information but I'd disagree. Stanford interviews extremely few people and they take their d*mn time. I'd chalk up the lateness of the invite to that.Figured... might not want to confirm it, then. Expensive flight and all.
I'm not privy to any special information but I'd disagree. Stanford interviews extremely few people and they take their d*mn time. I'd chalk up the lateness of the invite to that.
I agree, plus if you don't go to the interview, you will have zero chance of acceptance versus some possibility - admittedly probably low - but why pass up this school and the opportunity?
If Stanford is not that important to you and you have an acceptance you are pleased with, then give it a pass.
anyone coming the 23rd?
Did those of you that just got an invite send any update/LOIs previous to that?
No.
And I doubt it's only for the waitlist. Stanford interviews into April and begins school in September.
Did those of you that just got an invite send any update/LOIs previous to that?
I did send an update but I'm not sure it was received. I got the impression they don't accept letters until post interview, but that's piecing together different info. I'd send one b/c why not? And I'd like to think that we're interviewing for some real spots. Since it's rolling I'm sure our chances are down a bit but why would they waist their time?
Anyway, good luck to all!!
I'm not privy to any special information but I'd disagree. Stanford interviews extremely few people and they take their d*mn time. I'd chalk up the lateness of the invite to that.
Thanks for the moral support, guys... just confirmed for the 30th. 🙂I agree, plus if you don't go to the interview, you will have zero chance of acceptance versus some possibility - admittedly probably low - but why pass up this school and the opportunity?
So does the best way to Stanford involve flying into the San Jose airport and taking the train or what? How about from the train station to the hotels? I had some, uh... transportation issues... with my Pitt interview that I'm not looking to repeat.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I flew into SFO and took the super shuttle. It's pretty easy and cheap that way.
Got an interview invite Friday morning. Does anyone know how many are accepted off the waitlist?
Thanks for the moral support, guys... just confirmed for the 30th. 🙂
So does the best way to Stanford involve flying into the San Jose airport and taking the train or what? How about from the train station to the hotels? I had some, uh... transportation issues... with my Pitt interview that I'm not looking to repeat.
From SJC you can take the VTA Airport Flyer to the Santa Clara Caltrain station (Railroad Ave Santa Clara, CA). Take the Caltrain north to Palo Alto. The Palo Alto station is exactly 1 mile from the Stanford quad, so you can enjoy the view by taking a nice stroll down Palm Drive or just take the Margurite, Stanford's free shuttle service.
But that's to get on campus. I have no idea which hotel you are staying at but assumingly you will want to be on El Camino or Embarcadero, close to campus. Either way, public transportation won't be very convenient...
From SFO you would have to take BART and then take the Caltrain south to Palo Alto. A longer commute. Don't fly into Oakland, that would just suck.
But I would just SuperShuttle it. About $30 from SJC or SFO IIRC.
Stanford specifically says not to send in any updates unless you've been offered an interview--they will not look at them.Did those of you that just got an invite send any update/LOIs previous to that?
Stanford specifically says not to send in any updates unless you've been offered an interview--they will not look at them.
Where does it say that?
http://med.stanford.edu/md/admissions/app_process.html Look underneath "Applicant Updates." If you send an update and then are invited to interview, looks like it's a good idea to resend the update.Where does it say that?
anyone going to 2nd look weekend may 8th?
I 😍 stanford!!
see below:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=611037
what's the word?! when will we hear about decisions?! (for mstp...)
Anyone have any idea how many get waitlisted and how many get accepted off the waitlist?
I GOT WAITLISTED !!!😡 I don't think this waitlist will move much so I'm not even going to bother agonizing over it . I will be going to Med school free of charge for the next four years anyway so blaaahhhhhh.
Last edited:
I GOT WAITLISTED !!!😡 I don't think this waitlist will move much so I'm not even going to bother agonizing over it . I will be going to Med school free of charge for the next four years anyway so blaaahhhhhh.
was it snail mail or email notification???
sooooo i just got an interview invite from stanford today. it will prolly be in mid april. do you guys know if it's just for waitlist since its so late into the cycle now? please tell me its still for a spot in the class.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sooooo i just got an interview invite from stanford today. it will prolly be in mid april. do you guys know if it's just for waitlist since its so late into the cycle now? please tell me its still for a spot in the class.
When I went for my interview in febrauary they specifically said they will not interview for a waitlist spot. So you definitely have a chance. Go out there and do your best!
I was also told that Stanford does not interveiw for waitlist. Application review process is a bit slow at Stanford.
I think the decisions go out second Thursday of the month. I read it somewhere and remember checking the SDN Stanford thread from last year and this year and they seem to match.
Good luck to all who are waiting.
Good luck to all those who will be interviewing in the coming weeks. You will love Stanford interview.
I think the decisions go out second Thursday of the month. I read it somewhere and remember checking the SDN Stanford thread from last year and this year and they seem to match.
Good luck to all who are waiting.
Good luck to all those who will be interviewing in the coming weeks. You will love Stanford interview.
Soo....has anyone who interviewed in March heard anything recently?
I was told that they meet weekly, but seems like decisions come out in batches?
I interviewed on the 11th of March and haven't heard yet. It seems like a lot of decisions have come out around the second Thursday of the month. So maybe we'll hear this week. Good luck, I'd love to know when we should hear!
I interviewed at the end of march and was told that I should expect to hear by the end of April (before second look weekend)
Got acceptance yesterday, interviewed second week of March. Very excited!
Got acceptance yesterday, interviewed second week of March. Very excited!
WELL DONE!!!! Did you get a call?
I interviewed second week of March too. I guess this means I have bad news to come if they've called already.
WELL DONE!!!! Did you get a call?
I interviewed second week of March too. I guess this means I have bad news to come if they've called already.
Got a call last Friday from the Dean of admissions saying an offer of admission package is on its way.
Since I interviewed the second week of March and there's been an acceptance from someone from that week, does that mean that I'm for sure getting waitlisted? I know no one know for knows for sure...but I'm just trying to find a reason to have some small hope but I think I'm out of luck.
I called today and the nice admissions counselor said that I should 'definitely' hear this week. This is consistent with what other people have posted -- decisions go out during the 2nd week of the month (Thurs/Fri).
On interview day I was told that they hold meetings weekly. So I am guessing that most of the decisions have already been made, but they wait to make the calls/send the letters in one batch.
Perhaps the Dean was just really excited to inform someone a week early. It could happen. Who knows...
Good luck guys. Just a little longer...
On interview day I was told that they hold meetings weekly. So I am guessing that most of the decisions have already been made, but they wait to make the calls/send the letters in one batch.
Perhaps the Dean was just really excited to inform someone a week early. It could happen. Who knows...
Good luck guys. Just a little longer...
has anyone who interviewed second week of march gotten a letter yet? i'm wondering if the accepted people were called yesterday and the rejection/wl letters are going out on thursday...?
That's the impression I'm getting because no one has got a letter yet. And it seems in the past they've called for acceptances most of the time then sent a letter. So I think they called for the acceptances (1 on sdn so far) and we may be out of luck. But, there's a lot of guessing in that theory so who knows?
I came home to a wait list letter. Dated April 3rd. Did not sound very promising.
The dream was fun while it lasted. Now back to reality.
For those who are tracking the postal service...I live in the SF Bay Area.
Well done anyway. It's hard to make it this far! I guess I'll be getting the letter done in southern cal soon. I'm guessing they did make all the calls on the Friday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GOD i wanna get into stanford so bad.........maybe good news tomorrow?? (highly doubtful)
🙁
URGENT: Did anyone who got accepted have a B in either Organic Chemistry course? Thanks!
URGENT: Did anyone who got accepted have a B in either Organic Chemistry course? Thanks!
lol, I got a B+ does that count?
9:41 PM on the east coast
Dean Garcia calls.
I'm still shaking. Can't believe it.
🙂
Dean Garcia calls.
I'm still shaking. Can't believe it.
🙂
9:41 PM on the east coast
Dean Garcia calls.
I'm still shaking. Can't believe it.
🙂
CONGRATSSSSSSS! 🙂🙂🙂
It seems very random as to when they call. I'm done with predictions. GOOD LUCK to everyone and congrats to those who've heard. I'll be anxiously waiting for a bit longer I guess. Every day that goes by I get much more nervous and less excited about my chances.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K