You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 SUNY Downstate Secondary Application Thread
Started by ar2388
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Interviewed 11/6 and just got the letter. ACCEPTED!!! 1st interview and 1st acceptance!!! woot!!! =)
Congrats! That's awesome 😀
Interviewed 11/6 and just got the letter. ACCEPTED!!! 1st interview and 1st acceptance!!! woot!!! =)
congrats
just interviewed there, i liked it a lot.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! That's awesome 😀
Thanks. Good luck on your interview.

congrats
just interviewed there, i liked it a lot.
Thanks. Best of luck!

Interviewed 11/6 and just got the letter. ACCEPTED!!! 1st interview and 1st acceptance!!! woot!!! =)
Congrats Dyne! Hope to see you here next year!
Congrats Dyne! Hope to see you here next year!
Thanks Soggun!! =)
What do you guys think of the overall atmosphere of Downstate? Would you consider the student body outgoing and happy? I'm seriously considering Downstate. And this is just one of the many things I'm thinking about.
It varies a lot year to year in terms of the exact make up, but I would describe the majority of the 1st and 2nd years as both outgoing and happy (though there are definitely distinct differences beyond that which give each class it's unique 'feel'). This was also something I was interested in and there's no better way to get an idea for this than to shadow a student for a day, so if you're around NY, I'd strongly encourage you to contact the admissions office about that.
Interviewed late Nov... ACCEPTED!!! letter in the mail today!! First acceptance, very excited...
It took approximately 8-10 weeks for you to hear back, so I guess I have to wait another 4-6 weeks. Downstate is my top choice and the waiting game is tough.
Congratulations to you and Dyne on the acceptances. Hopefully I'll see you there next year.
It took approximately 8-10 weeks for you to hear back, so I guess I have to wait another 4-6 weeks. Downstate is my top choice and the waiting game is tough.
Congratulations to you and Dyne on the acceptances. Hopefully I'll see you there next year.
thanks rkonmd. Good luck

Hello,
I'm new to the forum. My app was complete in Sept, and still haven't heard anything about an interview. Is it time to give up hope on this school? Are other people in this same situation? Best of luck to all.![]()
Are you OOS? Have you tried calling Admissions to inquire about your status? I believe they are still offering interview invites.
Congrats dynezxice and others! It must feel really good after waiting all that time!
Did your status page change after you were accepted? My page changed indicating they wanted an official transcript to validate that I took AP English (I graduated 2 years ago). Does this mean I was put on hold??
Downstate is my first choice and it's been 10 weeks since I interviewed!
Did your status page change after you were accepted? My page changed indicating they wanted an official transcript to validate that I took AP English (I graduated 2 years ago). Does this mean I was put on hold??
Downstate is my first choice and it's been 10 weeks since I interviewed!
Congrats dynezxice and others! It must feel really good after waiting all that time!
Did your status page change after you were accepted? My page changed indicating they wanted an official transcript to validate that I took AP English (I graduated 2 years ago). Does this mean I was put on hold??
Downstate is my first choice and it's been 10 weeks since I interviewed!
Thanks thesecretgarden! The wait was def worth it. Nope, my page remained the same, but I don't think they're going to put you on hold just bc they don't have your AP Eng transcript. They might ask for it as a requirement after they accept you.
Good luck.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone interview there at dec 23 and heard anything as I am waiting for something good😀 it has been 4 weeks the longer they take the more i worry
I interviewed a week before you and still haven't gotten any news.
Did anyone get an interview after sending their fall grades in?
Also, are we allowed to send in updates to our application?
Thanks
Yes, you are allowed to send in updates, but I am not sure if anyone has gotten an interview after sending fall grades in if they haven't requested it.
Last edited:
I got my acceptance letter today!!!!! Brooklyn, here I come!
I got my acceptance letter today!!!!! Brooklyn, here I come!
![]()
Congrats🙂! When was your interview?
I got my acceptance letter today!!!!! Brooklyn, here I come!
![]()
congrats secretgarden!! Which state are you from?
Congrats🙂! When was your interview?
congrats secretgarden!! Which state are you from?
I interviewed at the end of November and I'm all the way from Texas.
congratulations secretgarden!!!! will you be doing the student shadowing program?
yes, I definitely will! 🙂
For those who were accepted and gave the deposit to reserve a seat:
did you get anything new in the mail from them? in a letter that they sent that confirmed receiving the deposit, they said they would mail something out in january with housing and financial info etc.. but i didnt get anything yet
anything?
did you get anything new in the mail from them? in a letter that they sent that confirmed receiving the deposit, they said they would mail something out in january with housing and financial info etc.. but i didnt get anything yet
anything?
For those who were accepted and gave the deposit to reserve a seat:
did you get anything new in the mail from them? in a letter that they sent that confirmed receiving the deposit, they said they would mail something out in january with housing and financial info etc.. but i didnt get anything yet
anything?
Nothing yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why don't you just log onto the admission status page. They have all you information there
It'll show up on the status page if they received your deposit?
It'll show up on the status page if they received your deposit?
Yes
go check and see for yourself! 😀
Yes
go check and see for yourself! 😀
Good to know, but it's not on my status page yet. hmm...
Good to know, but it's not on my status page yet. hmm...
yeah it eventually shows up on the status page, but I did contact them to check before it showed up. but i also havent gotten anything more.
yeah it eventually shows up on the status page, but I did contact them to check before it showed up. but i also havent gotten anything more.
do you remember how long it took from the day you sent in deposit till it shows up on status page? I'm worried that it will pass the 2 weeks acceptance deadline before they check their snail mail.
why not just call them or contact them if its been over a week i think. just to make sure?do you remember how long it took from the day you sent in deposit till it shows up on status page? I'm worried that it will pass the 2 weeks acceptance deadline before they check their snail mail.
but i dont remember how long i waited...
why not just call them or contact them if its been over a week i think. just to make sure?
but i dont remember how long i waited...
I called after 5 days from sending it, but they told me they haven't received it yet. I'll give them another call next week.
they asked for my spring quarter as well as fall graduate GPA like 2 weeks ago. i just got an interview yetserday.. for 3/09
For those accepted, just received my housing info, financial aid info (NOT my awards/loans letter), and health forms.
I live in NYC. Be on the look out!
Did they receive your deposit before you got these forms?
Did they receive your deposit before you got these forms?
Yeah I was accepted back in Dec. So I will probably get the stuff before you will. Just hang in there.
Don't fret over them getting your deposit. They will, EVENTUALLY. And the best thing you can do now besides waiting, is to just give them a call on Monday. No worries!😎
Yeah I was accepted back in Dec. So I will probably get the stuff before you will. Just hang in there.
Don't fret over them getting your deposit. They will, EVENTUALLY. And the best thing you can do now besides waiting, is to just give them a call on Monday. No worries!😎
Cool beans! I like how you phrased it, "EVENTUALLY." haha

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got an interview today!!!!
Does anyone know if "Hold for Spring Consideration" is better/worse than being waitlisted?
Like...traditionally the chances of being accepted is higher from which status? Thanks.
Don't they mean the same since technically you're not rejected? Can someone confirm this?
Don't they mean the same since technically you're not rejected? Can someone confirm this?
I don't think it's the same, since if people decline their acceptances then they'll pull off the waitlist...but for me it says they'll re-evaluate my application in the Spring....
- Status
- Not open for further replies.