Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow i guess i wont be hearing till late november or even later. I interviewed on october 8th. o well
same here. sucks, doesn't it? the wait is killing me. this is worse than the mcat score release wait...
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
wow i guess i wont be hearing till late november or even later. I interviewed on october 8th. o well
word i want to hear from one school to get the monkey off my back. I know I will not be hearing from some until the new year and even march but to get the stress off would be nice.
When did u interview supergirl?
nice mcguyver when did u interview?lol
the acceptance letter is not a large package.. its a smallish manila envelope.... lol



Got the letter! I'm IN! 4 years later i'll be known as McGyver, MD.
all those still waiting, hang in there!
Got the letter! I'm IN! 4 years later i'll be known as McGyver, MD.
all those still waiting, hang in there!
Hey all,
Congrats to those who have been accepted already! I'm hoping those who have interview can shed some light on the interviewers. I was going through the interview feedback section and it seems that the school generally pairs you up with an interviewer who is in the field that you are interested in. Is my impression of such arrangements correct?
Thanks!!!
Hey all,
Congrats to those who have been accepted already! I'm hoping those who have interview can shed some light on the interviewers. I was going through the interview feedback section and it seems that the school generally pairs you up with an interviewer who is in the field that you are interested in. Is my impression of such arrangements correct?
Thanks!!!
hahah thats awesome! downstate seems like an excellent place for surgery. i actually know someone who is doing their surgery residency at downstate and she gets to do and see so much! she really loves iti put trauma surgery and my trauma surgeon interviewer had to go into surgery before my interview
rescheduled 30 minutes later to a researcher/professor...
i put trauma surgery and my trauma surgeon interviewer had to go into surgery before my interview
rescheduled 30 minutes later to a researcher/professor...
I put internal medicine, did kidney research, and interviewed with a nephrologist. I do think they try to match your interest.😎
has anyone who was complete in early august get an interview recently or should i just assume not invite 🙁
has anyone who was complete in early august get an interview recently or should i just assume not invite 🙁
you really never know what's going on at the admissons office. i know many people who got invited months after they're complete. one completed late july and got invite in december.
so my interview is coming up (11/6), was wondering if anyone has it on that day as well?
Has anyone been placed on "Hold for Spring Consideration"? I got this today and I'm not sure what to think of it. It says a decision has not been made. So I don't consider it a waitlist.
Any info on this?
Well, have you interviewed yet? If not it sounds like a pre-interview hold.
To those of you who were accepted, did you receive the health forms in your acceptance packet?
i'm in! so excited 🙂
Congrats to you and the others who have gotten in!
I'm curious what the post-interview wait is? I know they say 4-6 weeks, but I'm wondering if that is accurate?
i'm in! so excited 🙂



I'm in too!
I really hope I get in too. I interviewed on 10/28 and had a fantastic experience. Since my interview, I've been involved with a few new activities. Is it too early to send an updating expressing desire to go to Downstate and the new activities I have been involved with? Thanks
Has anyone been placed on "Hold for Spring Consideration"? I got this today and I'm not sure what to think of it. It says a decision has not been made. So I don't consider it a waitlist.
Any info on this?
CONGRATS SUPER Girl. that is awesome!!!! i was rooting for u
Congratulations Supergirl, you just signed up for 40 years of no sleep.![]()
yay!!! congratulations arpan!!interviewed 10/6, got the packet today! WOooooooooohooooooooooo![]()
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.