-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 SUNY Downstate Secondary Application Thread
Started by ar2388
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Interviewed: 10/29
Accepted: 12/6
Accepted: 12/6
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow congrats man! That's so exciting. I interviewed a few days after you...hoping to hear back soon too...
EDIT: I see you live in Flushing..
I'm curious, when was the letter postmarked? I live in Queens too, so I'm a little curious!
Postmarked 12/4, so it only took one day. Good luck!
Interviewed 10/30, accepted 12/5. That's 5 weeks and 1 day for those counting 🙂
Excuse me for a moment
.
..
...
....
.....
Whoooooooooooohooooooo! This is my first acceptance. I'm going to be a doctor!!!!
Best of luck to everyone still waiting!
congrats!!


downstate is a great first acceptance to have! 😎
Interviewed: 10/29
Accepted: 12/6
How far do you live? I also interviewed 10/29
Congrats aznboy209. I really hope I do well there, but I nervous because this will be my first interview
Congratulations Soccerdoc! I hope I get accepted, too. I am interviewed on 10/28, but I am OOS. I'm getting worried. I hope good news come my way. Maybe we'll be classmates. 

Congratulations Soccerdoc! I hope I get accepted, too. I am interviewed on 10/28, but I am OOS. I'm getting worried. I hope good news come my way. Maybe we'll be classmates.![]()
Thanks sushichopstickz..It feels great just to get one acceptance, able to breathe a little bit easier. I wouldn't worry if I were you, it looks like they send them out at different times. Best of luck to you.
Thanks sushichopstickz..It feels great just to get one acceptance, able to breathe a little bit easier. I wouldn't worry if I were you, it looks like they send them out at different times. Best of luck to you.
congrats!!! what was the postmark date on your envelope?
congrats!!! what was the postmark date on your envelope?
the 4th.. but my parents just moved so it took longer to transfer from my old address to the new one..
This wait is giving me an ulcer. Mailman is not being nice.
This wait is giving me an ulcer. Mailman is not being nice.
yeah I was going crazy on top of lab practicals and finals lately.. don't be afraid to call, they were fairly nice and told me a decision was made and that it was mailed - just couldn't tell me the decision obviously.
Thanks Soccerdoc! I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah I was going crazy on top of lab practicals and finals lately.. don't be afraid to call, they were fairly nice and told me a decision was made and that it was mailed - just couldn't tell me the decision obviously.
congrats!!

wonder when the OOS ppl are going to find out...
ooopps wrong thread.
Last edited:
WOW, i cannot believe i just got into medical school, just recieved a call from SUNY Upstate this morning, and i have been accepted!!!!!!! i cannot believe it. I interviewed 9/24, was placed on the HPA list on 10/18 and was accepted on 12/11. WOW YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH im gonna be a doctor.
congrats darkknight!!! by the way, this is the downstate not upstate thread haha
hahah wow, i guess im still in shock, i posted in the wrong thread. Well congrats to ALL you guys too!!!!
is there any chance to get in interview, if you haven't been asked for fall grades and have heard nothing from downstate. i was complete pretty early
It took about 2.5 months for me to get an invite after I was complete.
I dont have the guts to call to check my status.. arghhh!
I GOT IN!!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO FIRST ONE BABY!!!! BIG MONKEY OFF MY BACK!@!!!! YAYY!!!!
Good luck everyone else!
Interviewed 11/3
Accepted 12/11
Postmark 12/10
I GOT IN!!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO FIRST ONE BABY!!!! BIG MONKEY OFF MY BACK!@!!!! YAYY!!!!
Good luck everyone else!
Interviewed 11/3
Accepted 12/11
Postmark 12/10
Congrats fuzzy! I know it must be a great feeling right now! Enjoy it while it lasts 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats Fuzzy
I think Fuzzy accidentally posted for Upstate in the Downstate forum... so no news for us November babies yet =(Congratulations to you!! I guess they've started reviewing early November applicants... 🙂![]()
I think Fuzzy accidentally posted for Upstate in the Downstate forum... so no news for us November babies yet =(
hahah that wasn't me it was another person that was few post above mine.
Thanks everybody! Good luck to all of you that is still waiting
hahah that wasn't me it was another person that was few post above mine.
Thanks everybody! Good luck to all of you that is still waiting
congratssssss



so far, there is a good chance ill be there next yr too 😀
oopshahah that wasn't me it was another person that was few post above mine.
Thanks everybody! Good luck to all of you that is still waiting

Yay i'm an out of state applicant and I just received an interview offer for Downstate! It's a great school and it's right in the city. I'm so excited for this interview! My interview is in mid January. Wish me luck everyone! 😀
Yay i'm an out of state applicant and I just received an interview offer for Downstate! It's a great school and it's right in the city. I'm so excited for this interview! My interview is in mid January. Wish me luck everyone! 😀
Good luck yellowtibby!
I think the mailman lost my mail or the school hates me. No news post-interview 10/23. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE? I really liked the school when I visited.
i sent an update letter to downstate and got a buffalo invite instead
Thank you fuzzy!Good luck yellowtibby!
I think the mailman lost my mail or the school hates me. No news post-interview 10/23. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE? I really liked the school when I visited.
Hey Sushi,
You really shouldn't freak out just yet. I know that some folks did hear back from early november already, but the fact that you haven't heard only means the adcom hasnt reviewed your file yet - it has absolutely nothing to do with what they will eventually decide...
Beyond that, 8-10 wks is pretty normal at DS. If you don't hear by the end of this week, you're probably looking at early January, given the holidays.
Good luck!
Thanks Soggun. You're a great resource. How do you like Downstate so far?
Thanks Soggun. You're a great resource. How do you like Downstate so far?
I love it, which is one of the reasons I stay so active with the applicants. It's a challenge, to be sure, but I really couldn't imagine better preparation for a career in medicine... The focus on clinical experience is really unmatched (I can give numerous examples by pm if you'd like to hear them - don't want to put them up here since they're mostly my classmates' personal experiences).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks Soggun. You're a great resource. How do you like Downstate so far?
Word. Soggun helped sell Downstate to me last year.

w00t
got the downstate invite today
now if i can only shift the buffalo/downstate interviews to the same week i'll be set.
if not, i'll be broke :[
got the downstate invite today
now if i can only shift the buffalo/downstate interviews to the same week i'll be set.
if not, i'll be broke :[
i sent an update letter to downstate and got a buffalo invite instead
hahaha. congrats. are you In-State?
cali.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
