2008-2009 University of Tennessee (UTHSC) Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDOC13

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Additional comments: Please attach sheet, if necessary, to provide additional information not previously provided in the personal comments of your AMCAS application. (optional)

Members don't see this ad.

WELCOME

The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
College of Medicine-Admissions Office
910 Madison Avenue, Ste. 500
Memphis, TN 38163

Telephone: (901) 448-4851
Facsimile: (901) 448-1740

Dear Student:

Thank you for applying to the University of Tennessee College of Medicine! I am pleased to inform you that a preliminary review of your application for admission has been made. Based on this review, we would like to offer you an opportunity for further consideration. Please complete the attached supplemental application and return it via email to [email protected] (in its original format-SAVE the document to your desktop and complete required fields) within five (5) days of the date you receive this notification. Applicants must submit a required non-refundable $50 processing fee via check or money order, payable to UTHSC, or an AMCAS Fee Waiver and wallet size photo via regular mail. The application fee or AMCAS fee waiver and signature release document and photo must be received in our office to complete the processing of your supplemental application.

In addition, please have the Pre-professional Evaluation (*not required in five days) from your undergraduate institution and/or Letters of Recommendation submitted directly to the College of Medicine-Admissions Office, 910 Madison Avenue, Ste. 500, Memphis TN 38163. After your supplemental application is complete (application, fee, photo, signature release), we will continue the review process. Applicants invited to interview will be notified via email of the interview dates and times. Interviews are granted between October and April.

Each applicant MUST READ the Technical Standards and the AAMC Recommendations for Medical School Applicants and indicate on the application that you have done so. To access these requirements, visit www.utmem.edu/Medicine/Admissions/STUDENT_INFORMATION. Click on
Applicants Who Have Been Emailed A Supplemental Application.

Should you have any questions about the supplemental application, please feel free to contact our office at (901) 448-4851. We greatly appreciate your interest in the College of Medicine and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Nelson Strother
Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs

WELCOME

The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
College of Medicine-Admissions Office
910 Madison Avenue, Ste. 500
Memphis, TN 38163

Telephone: (901) 448-4851
Facsimile: (901) 448-1740

Dear Student:

Thank you for applying to the University of Tennessee College of Medicine! I am pleased to inform you that a preliminary review of your application for admission has been made. Based on this review, we would like to offer you an opportunity for further consideration. Please complete the attached supplemental application and return it via email to [email protected] (in its original format-SAVE the document to your desktop and complete required fields) within five (5) days of the date you receive this notification. Applicants must submit a required non-refundable $50 processing fee via check or money order, payable to UTHSC, or an AMCAS Fee Waiver and wallet size photo via regular mail. The application fee or AMCAS fee waiver and signature release document and photo must be received in our office to complete the processing of your supplemental application.

In addition, please have the Pre-professional Evaluation (*not required in five days) from your undergraduate institution and/or Letters of Recommendation submitted directly to the College of Medicine-Admissions Office, 910 Madison Avenue, Ste. 500, Memphis TN 38163. After your supplemental application is complete (application, fee, photo, signature release), we will continue the review process. Applicants invited to interview will be notified via email of the interview dates and times. Interviews are granted between October and April.

Each applicant MUST READ the Technical Standards and the AAMC Recommendations for Medical School Applicants and indicate on the application that you have done so. To access these requirements, visit www.utmem.edu/Medicine/Admissions/STUDENT_INFORMATION. Click on
Applicants Who Have Been Emailed A Supplemental Application.

Should you have any questions about the supplemental application, please feel free to contact our office at (901) 448-4851. We greatly appreciate your interest in the College of Medicine and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Nelson Strother
Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs

GAH! I want one of these.....

Members don't see this ad :)
May be the same for me...

I suppose if they don't send me a secondary, I should at least be thankful they didn't just say "Meh, he's good for $50."

Always look on the bright side I guess...

Has anyone else gotten the secondary yet?

I got this secondary a couple weeks ago, already turned it in with my photo. LOR probably in by now.

Got this one also, it has a quick 5 day turnaround.

Members don't see this ad :)
For any OOS applicants, how long after AMCAS verification did you receive your actual secondary request?

Anyone know when interviews start for UT?

I hope they start soon! I looked through last year's posts and saw that they offered an invite around 9/25. Hopefully some people will start hearing next week.

I hope they start soon! I looked through last year's posts and saw that they offered an invite around 9/25. Hopefully some people will start hearing next week.

lets keep our fingers crossed :)

I believe they are working on interview schedules right now, so the invites should go out soon, maybe end of this week even.

I just got an email with my interview date. I believe you can change it, but it may make the interview quite a bit later if you do.

got mine for oct 8th....time to take off school for a day :)

any news on out of staters and secondaries yet? I think I am going to call them today and see.

Hey,

I just interviewed there on Oct 8th. I think this is their first week of interview's so it is still really early in the season for UT interviews. They told me their committee is meeting again on Oct.17th to review the interviews from these two weeks, not sure when they are meeting to send secondaries/invites. Typically they meet on fridays I think.

Best of luck everyone,

I called today and she told me not to worry. She said that if I hadn't received anything yet it was good? Anyway I just got the impression that I should hang on for awhile longer. I suppose I will wait until the end of the month before calling again. Any other suggestions?

I called today and she told me not to worry. She said that if I hadn't received anything yet it was good? Anyway I just got the impression that I should hang on for awhile longer. I suppose I will wait until the end of the month before calling again. Any other suggestions?
sounds like they're only handing out rejections at this point. maybe we should just be patient and wait for whatever they've got coming.

Hey guys! I'm a current M2 at UT. Just wanted to reiterate that its EARLY in the interview season for us. Our first interviews were just last week, so there's plenty of time left. :) I know how stressful all the waiting is, but try to keep in mind that its a long process and things might not start happening all at once in October. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! I'm not on here much, but I pop through once in a while. Best of luck!

Hey guys! I'm a current M2 at UT. Just wanted to reiterate that its EARLY in the interview season for us. Our first interviews were just last week, so there's plenty of time left. :) I know how stressful all the waiting is, but try to keep in mind that its a long process and things might not start happening all at once in October. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! I'm not on here much, but I pop through once in a while. Best of luck!

You're right! I just got an invite tonight for 10/27

Hey guys. I'm a long time listener and first time caller...

Just a quick question regarding UT interview invites. Does anyone know if they need the pre-professional evaluation prior to interview invites? I'm still waiting on one letter of rec from a professor. I'm trying to decide whether that's holding me up or not. Thanks. I must now go discover the Mississippi River...

How long did it take all the OOS applicants to receive a secondary?

Just got an acceptance letter today from UT!!!
Whooo Hooo!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Accepted today also :)

You guys will probably want to go somewhere else. Make room for me!

Just kidding, congratulations. Obviously you were first choice candidates, and I expect you really will be getting acceptances from other places as well. Any clues as to when the next rounds of UT interviews are? I'm still waiting on word for mine.

Is anybody else interviewing there on Monday?

Still waiting on my secondary request from this school (if one is coming?)...will they tell me if I have been rejected before the secondary?

This is my top choice for several reasons and I have been accepted. I interviewed 10/21

This is my top choice for several reasons and I have been accepted. I interviewed 10/21

Way to go! Are you IS or OOS?

I'm OOS and I loved this school. I got a 'continue to review' letter post-interview, though. :(

Way to go! Are you IS or OOS?

I'm OOS and I loved this school. I got a 'continue to review' letter post-interview, though. :(

In-State. Thank you for your wishes. I hope you get an acceptance too. I really like their clinical years and the hands-on time that medical students get.

Does anybody have any clue as to how often they bring in groups to interview or how often they meet to decide who to extend interview invitations to?

Does anybody have any clue as to how often they bring in groups to interview or how often they meet to decide who to extend interview invitations to?

My understanding is that they interview three days of the week (Mon, Tue, Wed) and the committee, right now, meets every alternate Friday, but that would become weekly as the number of interviewees picks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.