2009-2010 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview invite yesterday, which I promptly scheduled for in mid-April. It's a pleasant surprise this late in the cycle, but I'm telling myself not to expect much from it.

Do you guys think that people are just interviewing for RFU's waitlist at this point? Also, what should I expect from the school, the interviewers, and North Chicago in general (never been there)?

My interviews were pretty relaxed. The students were nice and the environment was generally friendly. North Chicago does not have much, so don't expect to see much. However, it is a nice, peaceful place to be for 2 years and not too far from the city of Chicago. Try to read the back-dated posts on this forum to see what people have said about the school and their interviews. There's a lot of good info on here.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hm..... anyone interview lately and heard rumors about the next acceptance notification?

As you already know, notifications came out this week last year...but if that does not happen, we can be sure to hear something by the 30th....hang in there Z.
 
I got my *small-pool* email in september, i have not heard a single word since... I just assumed it was a silent-rejection, but now that i've seen someone has been recently given an interview invite, is there still hope?

I've called several times over the past few months only to be told i've passed primary screening and will be notified if I am invited to interview.
 
I got my *small-pool* email in september, i have not heard a single word since... I just assumed it was a silent-rejection, but now that i've seen someone has been recently given an interview invite, is there still hope?

I've called several times over the past few months only to be told i've passed primary screening and will be notified if I am invited to interview.

Hey, there's still hope. Since they are still inviting people to interview, they could still invite you.
 
i was small-pooled in january and have also heard nothing. i feel like the chances of getting an invite this late are very unlikely. i would assume the class is pretty much filled up and since they interview through mid may then if we don't hear anything by the end of next week, it's pretty much over. not trying to sound too pessimistic, just more realistic.
 
i was small-pooled in january and have also heard nothing. i feel like the chances of getting an invite this late are very unlikely. i would assume the class is pretty much filled up and since they interview through mid may then if we don't hear anything by the end of next week, it's pretty much over. not trying to sound too pessimistic, just more realistic.

Agreed, but I like to be positive by default. It's not over until it is over!
 
as for those that are on hold, pray for good news!! i know that last year most people on hold were accepted in march.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
someone who i know from the school was telling me that most people accepted are holding on to spots. this is is why most peope are still on hold. last year alot of people were able to withdraw their application promptly which made most people on hold to get a decision pretty soon. i think it was march 15th last year. this year it is kind of different, but as student choose their final school, there should be more movement in terms of admissions or possibly rejections.
 
i was small-pooled in january and have also heard nothing. i feel like the chances of getting an invite this late are very unlikely. i would assume the class is pretty much filled up and since they interview through mid may then if we don't hear anything by the end of next week, it's pretty much over. not trying to sound too pessimistic, just more realistic.

On the same boat here. Got waitlisted by 2 other schools, and haven't heard anything from one post interview. The waiting is sure a killing.
 
Yep, waiting is hard....but it is totally worth it in the end...Hopefully, we'll all get what we are waiting for!
 
I got my *small-pool* email in september, i have not heard a single word since... I just assumed it was a silent-rejection, but now that i've seen someone has been recently given an interview invite, is there still hope?

I've called several times over the past few months only to be told i've passed primary screening and will be notified if I am invited to interview.

I'm sall-pooled since mid december. I called today and was told that they will be inviting people through the 1st week of May. So, there is still hope :xf::xf::xf:
 
I finally requested to join the Facebook group. lol, funny, I had made a group too but no one joined it so I deleted it.

Cant wait for augussssst.
 
Withdrew my acceptance here. Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting!

Thanks...that's one more space available for those of us still waiting, so keep hope alive. I wish you the best where you have decided to go!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone that's withdrawn via email received a confirmation? I emailed them over 2 weeks ago and have yet to hear a peep not to mention receive back my $100 deposit.
 
Has anyone that's withdrawn via email received a confirmation? I emailed them over 2 weeks ago and have yet to hear a peep not to mention receive back my $100 deposit.

I got confirmation within about a half hour. email em or call em again.
not sure how they're getting my $$ back to me
 
it was tough to hit send, but I finally sent my withdrawal e-mail today. hard decision cause I loved the atmosphere of the school. wish I could've done a direct acceptance transfer to "Maiden" he/she is really motivated for CMS, so hopefully the acceptance Gods do the right thing. good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to all those accepted!


cheers,
Sonic :roflcopter:
 
it was tough to hit send, but I finally sent my withdrawal e-mail today. hard decision cause I loved the atmosphere of the school. wish I could've done a direct acceptance transfer to "Maiden" he/she is really motivated for CMS, so hopefully the acceptance Gods do the right thing. good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to all those accepted!


cheers,
Sonic :roflcopter:

Awwwww...thanks H60 SONIC. May the acceptance God answer your prayer!
 
i am hoping that one of my friend also get accepted here. he was on the hold list since Nov.. also does anyone know if the BMS students were accepted to the medical school yet? im hoping the class is not filled!!
 
Well, if the SDN forum is a representative of the whole community, it looks like a lot of spots are opening up! Hopefully we will hear before the 2nd week in May. I know a lot of people will be withdrawing soon. FINGERS CROSSED!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anybody figure out their housing situation yet? i was offered a place in the student housing. not sure about it, is it worth the price? what about the woodlands near campus??
 
I know it's a little late in the process, but does anyone think that a strong letter of intent would make any difference? I got a vague response from the office, saying that, "we accept them, but I wouldn't worry too much about them. They may or may not read them or consider them..." yea, ambiguous and stressful enough? I got an acceptance from another school that I'm not altogether too thrilled about, and would take RFU up in a heartbeat, because I was just absolutely captivated by my visit. Post-interview hold is tough, but judging from their last updates, it looks like we should hear something this week....but who knows, because of the "final update" on May 15th, so maybe they're convening differently.....I just want to write this letter, but it might be too late (and they might not even read it). Anyone, any advice?

And congrats to those who've already been accepted, here or elsewhere, what a great feat! :xf::xf:😱
 
I know it's a little late in the process, but I just want to write this letter, but it might be too late (and they might not even read it). Anyone, any advice?

And congrats to those who've already been accepted, here or elsewhere, what a great feat! :xf::xf:😱

Nobody is sure of when the committee would meet. Nobody is sure if they would read the letter or not. Therefore, I would say...write it. What do you have to lose if you do? Nothing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.