-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
You can count me in the dust pile....did anyone who was small pooled early last month NOT get an interview? it seems like all the october small pooled ppl got their interviews already and they probably left my application in the dust 🙁
You can count me in the dust pile....
did you get small pooled too?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah....october 5th. The past 2 weeks have not been great!did you get small pooled too?!
yeah....october 5th. The past 2 weeks have not been great!
dude you still have time oct 5th was just this week 😀
i was small pooled back in 9/9 (i love how i repeat the whole small poolness loll this was my only small pool but it seems i got excited for nothing =/)
I recieved a secondary a while back and I have completed it, but just havent got around to submitting it yet. Around what month did interview start?
The CMS interview cycle is very long - I think it goes until April or May.
Interview Invite for me as well. IS (not sure how much that matters at RFU).
Secondary Received: 7/1
Secondary submitted: 9/14 (Yeah, I was very slow)
Complete: 9/25
Small Pooled: 10/5
Invite: 10/8
Well they must process IS before OOS SR on 9/8 and still not complete.
I think this school is just random. Secondary sent 8/27, secondary received 8/31, finally got a complete email 10/5. IS, too
Well they must process IS before OOS SR on 9/8 and still not complete.
rfu definitely has no system. Submitted 7/14, IS, I had to call to get complete a few weeks ago. Theyre definitely being overworked by too many applications.
Honestly submitting and being complete have no relationship. Its just luck.
Honestly submitting and being complete have no relationship. Its just luck.
Hey guys, just thought I'd update you as I was freaking out about my small pool not being a good thing:
Submitted August 19th
Complete September 3rd
Small Pooled September 29th
Interview Invite October 8th
Interviewing November 9th
Submitted August 19th
Complete September 3rd
Small Pooled September 29th
Interview Invite October 8th
Interviewing November 9th
anyone know if RFU will be notifying applicants who have interviewed about acceptances on October 15?
anyone know if RFU will be notifying applicants who have interviewed about acceptances on October 15?
I want to say they told us their Adcom won't meet until late October. Anyone else remember?
I want to say they told us their Adcom won't meet until late October. Anyone else remember?
interview invite as well..about 5 days after small pool. submitted early.
I want to say they told us their Adcom won't meet until late October. Anyone else remember?
Yeah I think I remember it being late October too. Looking at last year's thread it looks like the first ppl got acceptances around Halloween
I'll be there tomorrow. I can give rides to O'Hare if anyone needs them. I'll be offering at the end of the interview day as well. Keep an eye out!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone here know good ways from Toronto to Rosalind Franklin? I'd assume either Greyhound or airplane...then..bus or taxi?
Any idea where to stay?
Any idea where to stay?
Come on RFU... mark me complete already... You received my secondary oh so long ago...
Anyone here know good ways from Toronto to Rosalind Franklin? I'd assume either Greyhound or airplane...then..bus or taxi?
Any idea where to stay?
Greyhound will be very slow. If you have that much free time, you might as well drive yourself.
I got a complete that told me that my application is about to enter an initial screen... I'm guessing that yours is a little more than a completeJust got the email that I passed primary screen and now in a pool of applicants that may or maynot get interviews... Is this just the complete email?
Please participate in following poll, if you are invited for interview ar Rosalind Franklin.
Please bump this message everyday.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=672612
Please bump this message everyday.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=672612
Hey guys, I have an interview coming up this Monday. Any helpful hints from people that have already interviewed? Tough questions? Easy? Just looking for what I should generally expect.
I would say it's not tough, but it's not easy. But do relax, because then you'll be able to think clearly to answer the questions! 🙂 It's ok to take a few moments to think about your answer. It's mostly conversational, but do expect questions about current events in healthcare. Don't worry, everyone is pretty friendly, the campus is nice at least IMO. Good luck!
Finallly complete here.....Received secondary on 9/8....
Hi everyone,
Some questions/advice:
1. What's the weather in Chicago like in early November? What should I pack?
2. For those who flew in and stayed near O' Hare, what was your method of transportation to the interview?
3. What are some cool things to do in the Chicago area? A friend and I are spending the weekend there and would love some suggestions.
Thanks,
PY
Some questions/advice:
1. What's the weather in Chicago like in early November? What should I pack?
2. For those who flew in and stayed near O' Hare, what was your method of transportation to the interview?
3. What are some cool things to do in the Chicago area? A friend and I are spending the weekend there and would love some suggestions.
Thanks,
PY
Hi everyone,
Some questions/advice:
1. What's the weather in Chicago like in early November? What should I pack?
2. For those who flew in and stayed near O' Hare, what was your method of transportation to the interview?
3. What are some cool things to do in the Chicago area? A friend and I are spending the weekend there and would love some suggestions.
Thanks,
PY
1. The coldness of the area depends on where you're coming from. Right now, the average temp. is about 45 Degrees, and it's will be much lower by early Nov. so come with warm clothes, thick jackets, e.t.c.
2. If you fly into O'Hare, you can take a taxi (More expensive (about $45 or so one way) and very convenient) or the Metra train (cheap (less than $10) but not too convenient).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I have an interview coming up this Monday. Any helpful hints from people that have already interviewed? Tough questions? Easy? Just looking for what I should generally expect.
Depends on who interviews you. I had an interviewer last year that made me ask him a question for every question he asked me. Some of the questions I asked, he would brush aside as a stupid question, so I had to think hard about questions.
Just got the email that I passed primary screen and now in a pool of applicants that may or maynot get interviews... Is this just the complete email?
It's a little better than complete. It means they've gone through your file, and although they don't want to reject you right now, they're decided not to invite you for an interview yet. They might choose to invite you anytime between today and April/May, or might not all.
Just keep hope alive. That's all you can do now.
Depends on who interviews you. I had an interviewer last year that made me ask him a question for every question he asked me. Some of the questions I asked, he would brush aside as a stupid question, so I had to think hard about questions.
Wow that sounds terrible. I guess I know what I'll be doing on the plane ride Sunday.
What's the cheapest/safest way to get to Rosalind Franklin after getting off at O'Hare?
1. The coldness of the area depends on where you're coming from. Right now, the average temp. is about 45 Degrees, and it's will be much lower by early Nov. so come with warm clothes, thick jackets, e.t.c.
2. If you fly into O'Hare, you can take a taxi (More expensive (about $45 or so one way) and very convenient) or the Metra train (cheap (less than $10) but not too convenient).
anyone have directions on how to get to the metra, then where it will take me??
Anyone know interview/acceptance stats on this school? Like how many they interview, how many they accept, etc.? I dont have an MSAR anymore.
Anyone know interview/acceptance stats on this school? Like how many they interview, how many they accept, etc.? I dont have an MSAR anymore.
http://www.eduers.com/Medical/Illinois/Rosalind_Franklin_University_of_Medicine_and_Science.html
anyone have directions on how to get to the metra, then where it will take me??
http://maps.google.com/help/maps/tr...tm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk-trs&utm_term=transit
Type from O'Hare Airport to Lake Bluff Metra.
When you get to Lake Bluff, CMS is 5/10 mins away by taxi.
Wow that sounds terrible. I guess I know what I'll be doing on the plane ride Sunday.
Well, on the other hand, the tone of the interview was friendly, so...
My guy had a nice personality and was a nice guy but was NOT a good interviewer.Wow that sounds terrible. I guess I know what I'll be doing on the plane ride Sunday.
First the interview is supposed to be semi-blind. First two Qs he asked were "What is your GPA? What is you MCAT?" ...lame. Then he went on to give me a math riddle and told me to take 5-10mins to think about it while he read over my application. ...double lame. He then concluded my interview with:
(him) "Hmm... not a very good picture I see, hahaha."
(me) "What? Hahaha, I didn't think it was that bad."
(him) "Don't worry, it probably won't matter anyways."
Wtf?
My guy had a nice personality and was a nice guy but was NOT a good interviewer.
First the interview is supposed to be semi-blind. First two Qs he asked were "What is your GPA? What is you MCAT?" ...lame. Then he went on to give me a math riddle and told me to take 5-10mins to think about it while he read over my application. ...double lame. He then concluded my interview with:
(him) "Hmm... not a very good picture I see, hahaha."
(me) "What? Hahaha, I didn't think it was that bad."
(him) "Don't worry, it probably won't matter anyways."
Wtf?
LOL. Dude you have to post that in the "bizarre interview moments" thread.
You kidding !!!
My guy had a nice personality and was a nice guy but was NOT a good interviewer.
First the interview is supposed to be semi-blind. First two Qs he asked were "What is your GPA? What is you MCAT?" ...lame. Then he went on to give me a math riddle and told me to take 5-10mins to think about it while he read over my application. ...double lame. He then concluded my interview with:
(him) "Hmm... not a very good picture I see, hahaha."
(me) "What? Hahaha, I didn't think it was that bad."
(him) "Don't worry, it probably won't matter anyways."
Wtf?
You kidding !!!
I kid you not. Thanks for the advice for posting it in bizarre interview moments, will definitely do so.
If any of your are curious regarding the riddle, he literally told me:
"You have four 9s that you must use each of them exactly one time to compute to 100. Take 5-10 minutes."
lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I kid you not. Thanks for the advice for posting it in bizarre interview moments, will definitely do so.
If any of your are curious regarding the riddle, he literally told me:
"You have four 9s that you must use each of them exactly one time to compute to 100. Take 5-10 minutes."
lol
99+9/9... took me 5 seconds.. lol

Who says my 99th percentile MCAT score isn't good for nothing...
lol ditto. But I took a little longer so that he could, ya know, actually read my application. 🙄99+9/9... took me 5 seconds.. lol
Who says my 99th percentile MCAT score isn't good for nothing...
Who said the interview was supposed to be semi-blind? Last year, my interviewer had my file open in front of him and commented on my GPA and MCAT.
My guy had a nice personality and was a nice guy but was NOT a good interviewer.
First the interview is supposed to be semi-blind. First two Qs he asked were "What is your GPA? What is you MCAT?" ...lame. Then he went on to give me a math riddle and told me to take 5-10mins to think about it while he read over my application. ...double lame. He then concluded my interview with:
(him) "Hmm... not a very good picture I see, hahaha."
(me) "What? Hahaha, I didn't think it was that bad."
(him) "Don't worry, it probably won't matter anyways."
Wtf?
Any one know of decision date here?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 288K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K