2011-2012 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!Holy molly happiest day EVERRRRR!!!!!

Interviewed with Dr. Horner in Feb. Got the news from email!

Hang in there everybody!! this is my first acceptance so yours is coming!:D:D:D:D:xf:

Congrats!! Email from your interviewer or the school?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today via email! Interviewed on January 9th, and my interviewer was Dr. Medzon, who during our interview admitted to me that he had never had an interviewee accepted before. -_-

Edit: Just to clarify, I loved interviewing with Dr. Medzon, but I went from interview :) mode to :| really quickly when he said that.

ACCEPTED!!!!!!! Just got the email. Interviewer was Dr. M in Emergency Med and I had been deferred in January. Best of luck to those still waiting!!!

Great!! What time did you guys get the status update (and which region of time)?

congrats to the chosen ones! wish they'd send the wait lists already.

Thanks! I interviewed w/ Dr. Fitzgerald. She did not call before, I have only got the packet in the mail as of today!

I interviewed with Dr. Fitzgerald as well. Hopefully I'll be getting something in the mail soon (I'm from CA).

BTW, has your status page changed?

On the Technical Standard Form on the status page, in the choice "I can meet all of the requirements without accomodations“, what does "accomodations" mean here exactly?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many people get on the waitlist and what're waitlist movements like?

Waitlisted here too. Frankly, I'm not optimistic about my chances. Based on previous year's threads, the number of those waitlisted seems to be high despite what the adcoms say.

Also just wait listed. After reading this thread the last few days and not hearing an acceptance, honestly this makes me feel much better, as it isn't a rejection. I guess it's more waiting...

Does anyone know how many people were offered acceptances and how many are on the waitlist?I just got the waitlist email and am trying to figure out what my odds are.

Waitlisted. Sigh
Yay, waitlist! I wonder how many people are on the list? Stinks that there will be no movement until June. I'm hoping that they get their financial aid offers out ASAP because that seemed to be a reality check in the past for a lot of potential matriculants who are casually considering the school.

Congrats to all of those who got in.

I just did. I'm so disappointed. Waitlisted at all six schools I interviewed at. I'm at work, but I just want to go home and cry. =(

They must have saw something in you to have the 6 interviews. Keep your chin up! I'm sure you'll get into one of them at the very least :)

Waitlisted, will not remain on the list though. Good luck to all.

I'm not really optimistic about the waitlist movement. They already gave out 300-400 acceptances for 110 spots... and there's probably at least another 100 of us on the waitlist.

Where did you get these numbers?

Wait list! I had a sneaking suspicion... Happy to know, and happy that we didn't have to wait until next week to find out. I'll be back in June!

Waitlisted, but I'm in UVA and Case so I'm saying no. Hope this bumps one of you hopefuls up the list! Good luck everyone!

Got a call about at noon (EST) ago from my interviewer Dr. Ananthakrishnan followed by an email at 12:30pm about a status update.

Hollly ****take mushroom, this is unreal. First acceptance. Best of luck to all those still waiting to hear. Good news will make it to you sooner or later!!!

there seems like there was a very, very small number of rejections posted on here in the last few days... what are people's thoughts on this? is it just reporting/sample bias, or are there a lot more rejections to go out yet still? I'm a little confused, as it seems as though the majority of the decisions made would be rejections at the point in the game.

I interviewed with Dr. Fitzgerald as well. Hopefully I'll be getting something in the mail soon (I'm from CA).

BTW, has your status page changed?

Yes I got an e-mail at 2:39 pm with an update to my page, which was a day after the letter. Don't think I'm getting a phone call.

there seems like there was a very, very small number of rejections posted on here in the last few days... what are people's thoughts on this? is it just reporting/sample bias, or are there a lot more rejections to go out yet still? I'm a little confused, as it seems as though the majority of the decisions made would be rejections at the point in the game.

Probably a reporting sampling bias.

I'm pretty sure they gave out all the rejections. Remember that there are 1000 interviewees and not necessarily 1000 SDN posters posting.

Probably a reporting sampling bias.

I'm pretty sure they gave out all the rejections. Remember that there are 1000 interviewees and not necessarily 1000 SDN posters posting.

Yes, you're definitely right. I'm just worried that, somehow, more people get waitlisted than rejected... in that case, the waitlist is filled with false hope :(

Yes, you're definitely right. I'm just worried that, somehow, more people get waitlisted than rejected... in that case, the waitlist is filled with false hope :(

i am waitlisted too... it feels like a rejection :(:(

waitlisted as well... so much for a few files on Dean Witzburgs desk

my guess is that there are ~50 of us, pre-drop off. definitely a small pile when compared to the rest of the applicant pool, but not small enough to create any kind of certainty :/

On the issue of waitlists:

Maybe not all of you will get off this particular waitlist, maybe some of you will drop your waitlist spot because you are happy with another acceptance that you either get later this spring or summer or because you are already accepted elsewhere. But I can guarantee you that people will get off the waitlist, just what percent and who is the big question. It does move, but how much has never been released.

I do know my friends got off of it in June. People do drop acceptance to BU either for financial reasons or other reasons like a higher ranked school or one that spoke to their own goals better.

So HANG IN THERE!!! Pray that's all you can do. start a May 15th countdown thread or necro bump the old one and try to hold each other up. that's all you can do at this point along with sending update letters periodically.

Dear GuJuDOC, thank you for the words of hope!: :eek:eek:

waitlisted as well... so much for a few files on Dean Witzburgs desk

Haha... I was thinking the same thing. This is how I imagine Dr. Witzburg's desk looks right now!

Telephone-hand.jpg

On the issue of waitlists:

Maybe not all of you will get off this particular waitlist, maybe some of you will drop your waitlist spot because you are happy with another acceptance that you either get later this spring or summer or because you are already accepted elsewhere. But I can guarantee you that people will get off the waitlist, just what percent and who is the big question. It does move, but how much has never been released.

I do know my friends got off of it in June. People do drop acceptance to BU either for financial reasons or other reasons like a higher ranked school or one that spoke to their own goals better.

So HANG IN THERE!!! Pray that's all you can do. start a May 15th countdown thread or necro bump the old one and try to hold each other up. that's all you can do at this point along with sending update letters periodically.

Thanks for the kind words and the ray of hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.