2011-2012 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops, I should have checked. Im less optimistic that the decisions will be out that early... although they have sent out emails at 7:30. Just in case, here is the new countdown

I was thinking the same thing. Seems sorta early in the day for a decision but who knows!

Members don't see this ad.

GuJuDoc - would they put a rejection on the status page?:eek:

maybe but most likely if you haven't heard its a good chance you are waitlisted!!

That waitlist is not as tiny as they make it sound judging from the number of people I've heard tell me they've been waitlisted at BU in the past either from SDN or from friends from GMS last year. and contrary to belief there are people who get off the waitlist because as mentioned above people do drop when they see the high cost of BUSM and Boston living vs. a state school where they are from or a place giving them a scholarship elsewhere or because they got in a better ranked school or school whose mission spoke to their goals better.

Haha yea for sure. Thanks, I guess you can get in off of the waitlist right? #stillashot :thumbup:

like i said above, people DID get off the waitlist contrary to belief well into mid and late June and its possible that it went later than that. I even know one friend who got in like the very last min. before orientation was to start. so it does happen.

Members don't see this ad :)
like i said above, people DID get off the waitlist contrary to belief well into mid and late June and its possible that it went later than that. I even know one friend who got in like the very last min. before orientation was to start. so it does happen.

Thanks so much for your optimism guguDoc!:thumbup: I will be up and check my status tomorrow! :eek:

For ladies who are planning to reside at the new student residence and have yet to find a suite mate, feel free to join our group and start introducing yourself to future classmates and (hopefully) a future roomie!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/335949833118731/

Congrats to those who have been accepted! :D

Hi guys, no status update this morning here... I was sure it'd be up after the site went offline 6-630! Anyone else?

Annddd more waiting.

Ahhhh nothing. Sigh. I'm betting on Friday afternoon.

Seems like people got update emails on that Sunday in January (four days after initial calls went out). That'd make it Saturday for us if that trend holds true

I got an invitation to an Open House today on my status page and does anyone know what that means for me? Like does that mean I was accepted or do they send this to everyone?

Hi guys, no status update this morning here... I was sure it'd be up after the site went offline 6-630! Anyone else?

Annddd more waiting.

Nothing changed on my status, still the same......and no call or email yet....i just wander if we will get rejected at this stage or did all the rejections go out?:eek:

BU is MY 1ST CHOICE!!!!!!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a phone call from my interviewer, Dr. Holick... Accepted! I also got that open house thing earlier. I'm a gms student. Good luck to everyone else!

I got an invitation to an Open House today on my status page and does anyone know what that means for me? Like does that mean I was accepted or do they send this to everyone?
I see the same invitation, but I haven't heard anything definitive yet. Anyone not seeing this?

ya for sure. Idk keeping my hopes up and making plans for next year also. why not.

Just received a phone call from my interviewer, Dr. Holick... Accepted! I also got that open house thing earlier. I'm a gms student. Good luck to everyone else!

I had Dr. Holick, but haven't heard anything. Did you have an email saying your status changed? or did you just log on and see it had changed?

I don't see an invitation--where is it exactly on your page?

I don't either. =( I'm getting really discouraged. I'm already on five waitlists, with no acceptances yet.

On the page that appears right after I log in, there's a box near the top saying, "Alerts: Open House RSVP." If I click through, there's a yes/no option for RSVPing and a link to a list of open house activities.

I was accepted on Tuesday by phone. Still no status change but did have an open house invitation.

well, it seems that the invitation might actually mean something then. I'm getting used to the idea of a waitlist or rejection unfortunately :/

unless all the rejections are out, in which I'm mildly happy...there's still something. Anyone else not have the open house update?

Also, WHEN exactly did it show up for those who saw it?

unless all the rejections are out, in which I'm mildly happy...there's still something. Anyone else not have the open house update?

Also, WHEN exactly did it show up for those who saw it?
It wasn't there when I checked around 7:00 am EDT, but it had appeared by 8:45.

I've got an open house invitation, but still no correspondence from interviewer or status change. Anyone else in the same situation, any ideas?

First no call, now no invitation... can see where this is going. hope they put me out of my misery soon so i can get over it instead of harboring false hope

Just called the Admin offices and they said some decisions might not go out until the first week of April..

First no call, now no invitation... can see where this is going. hope they put me out of my misery soon so i can get over it instead of harboring false hope

i second this. it really is torture to see yourself slowly be eliminated, but with no real confirmation...

I was accepted on Tuesday by phone. Still no status change but did have an open house invitation.

yep, me too. I also have the open house invitation but it doesn't really say when the open house is....

good luck to all that are waiting! I know this is nerve racking.

Im very confused as to why some people have already been rejected. Wouldn't it make sense to send them all out at one time? Any ideas?

Why is everyone so convinced that this open house thing is so negative? I urge everyone to refrain from drawing conclusions based on things we don't know about...let's wait for conclusive evidence.

I was accepted by phone on Tuesday, but I don't see an open house invitation. So... that's either good news for those of you without invitations, or really really bad news for me (my interviewer mistakenly called me?) haha.

I was accepted by phone on Tuesday, but I don't see an open house invitation. So... that's either good news for those of you without invitations, or really really bad news for me (my interviewer mistakenly called me?) haha.

for sure reassuring

I just called the admissions office, and the woman I spoke to said the RSVP alert was a "system glitch" and that we should be getting decisions within the next week. More waiting!

Im very confused as to why some people have already been rejected. Wouldn't it make sense to send them all out at one time? Any ideas?

Chances are they could have sent all the rejections out and are waiting in sending waitlists positions out. Contrary to pular belief quite a few do get wait listed and those decisions are the ne that come last based on past yrs trends? But the real question is why they don't just give decisions at oncevia the status page. Lol.

I called and it was the same thing. Decisions come out next week. So much for March decisions

I called and it was the same thing. Decisions come out next week. So much for March decisions

Keep checking status page cuz they may possibly have it out by the weekend if it is like it was for my friends last yr. next week may just mean mon. Or tues. hang in there.

Same here, accepted! Best phone call ever. I'm also a GMSer.

Don't give up hope yet to all still waiting!

If one day I become a doctor and serve in a med school admissions committee, I swear I will treat my interviewees well and contact them in a timely manner.

Accepted! I just received a short note from my interviewer. This is a big surprise as I felt that BU was by far my worst interview (I was really stilted and inarticulate). This entire process really is a crap shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.