2011-2012 Oakland University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know how often the admissions committee meet to go through the applications? I see that some have already been invited for an interview, and I'm wondering when they'll review mine. I submitted mine a little late, around 7/20, b/c I added to school later

Members don't see this ad.

Interview Invite, scheduled 9/9

Hope to see some SDNers there :)

congrats blizzah! when did you submit yours/become complete? the count has upped to 16/420...please please pick me!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats blizzah! when did you submit yours/become complete? the count has upped to 16/420...please please pick me!!!!!

Submit 6/28
Last LOR received 7/12
Invite 8/1

Hopefully your invite is right around the corner

I assume "Your application is on hold for further review." is a bad sign...

I assume "Your application is on hold for further review." is a bad sign...

That sucks...I'm sorry. I don't think anybody on hold got to interview last year. I would focus on other schools at this point :)

They just emailed me the same thing. Yeah, I'm not too hopeful at this point :/

I still have nothing but green check marks. No "under review" or anything.

I still have nothing but green check marks. No "under review" or anything.

You can go to the communication status page and also check on the emails that they have already or will be sending you. This area will be updated before you receive any email most likely. Good luck.

You can go to the communication status page and also check on the emails that they have already or will be sending you. This area will be updated before you receive any email most likely. Good luck.

Yea, that's true. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same and nothing new under communication....Possibly still in the running than?

Yea, I think so! I was complete on 6/30. Looks like others with invites were complete before me, but I should be coming up soon.

when did you turn yours in schizotypy? i'm sure you'll get in to other schools though!

Thank you for applying to the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine. We appreciate your interest in joining our medical school. We have completed a review of your application materials and regret to inform you that we will not be offering you an interview for the 2012 admission cycle.

We wish you the best in your pursuit of medical education.

when did you turn yours in schizotypy? i'm sure you'll get in to other schools though!

Thanks, I sure hope so! I think I was complete in late June. My mdapps has the specific date (I'm at work on my phone and can't check atm ;) )

BTW, this was the email I got:

Thank you for applying to the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine. We appreciate your interest in joining our medical school. After review of your application materials, we have decided to place your application on hold for further consideration. We will re-review your application later in the admission cycle and communicate more information about your application status at that time.

Looks like 8 more interview invites went out today. 16/420 interview scheduled :eek::eek::eek:

completed 6/28/11
last LOR received 7/22/11

396/420 interview spots left!

:xf:

Last edited:
This school is amazing. I could brag about Oakland for days.

Out of curiosity, did anyone ever receive a complete email? I just have all green check marks and assumed I was complete, but I never received an email of any sort. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, did anyone ever receive a complete email? I just have all green check marks and assumed I was complete, but I never received an email of any sort. Thanks!

No Complete email

We had a great first day of orientation today at OUWB! A couple more weeks until we get to meet some of your on the first interview day :thumbup:

Got an interview invite! Still trying to decide on my day. Submitted on 7/5.

Should I go for August 26th or October 7th? The September days don't really work for me, I have another interview then.

Interveiw!!!! First one!

charlie sheen got an interview invite? winning! hahaha, congrats! i want one too!

The inaugural class numbers have been released!!! Check them out: http://rochester.patch.com/articles/by-the-numbers-ous-inaugural-medical-school-class

Sorry if this is a repost - I don't think I saw it anywhere else in this thread.

http://www.oakland.edu/upload/docs/Medical%20School/Admitted%20Students%20Newsletters/Class%20Profile%202011.pdf

Looks like we finally have info on GPA, MCAT, etc for the first class of OUWB!
Numbers were actually a little higher than I was expecting. Looks like OUWB has a great inaugural class

Congrats bro. Knew you would be getting one sooner or later. U and I have pretty much the same list of schools, hope to see you somewhere :)

Hey man, thanks! I'm applying to A LOT of schools, are you as crazy as me...because I'm starting to think I applied to too many!

I just needed to get my first invite out of the way...I have been stressing about not getting one yet and finally one has arrived!

charlie sheen got an interview invite? winning! hahaha, congrats! i want one too!

Thanks...Dont worry Charlie Sheen slept with the adcoms(not quite godesses) so Charlie Sheen can get you in dont worry.

Good luck you'll get one...they still have a lot to give out

Hey man, thanks! I'm applying to A LOT of schools, are you as crazy as me...because I'm starting to think I applied to too many!

I just needed to get my first invite out of the way...I have been stressing about not getting one yet and finally one has arrived!

I feel like I applied to too little... No news for me yet...

I feel like I applied to too little... No news for me yet...

I felt like this few times in the past two weeks, and each time I added more schools :laugh: I surely hope to start hearing from some schools before I go broke :mad:

How many schools are you all up to now? I'm getting paranoid that I haven't added enough...I'm 99% sure looking at people's MDApps will be the death of me (and also my bank account). I think I have 26 now?

...is it really only August? I guess they weren't lying when they said this is a loooonnngggggg process/year.

I felt like this few times in the past two weeks, and each time I added more schools :laugh: I surely hope to start hearing from some schools before I go broke :mad:

How many schools are you all up to now? I'm getting paranoid that I haven't added enough...I'm 99% sure looking at people's MDApps will be the death of me (and also my bank account). I think I have 26 now?

...is it really only August? I guess they weren't lying when they said this is a loooonnngggggg process/year.

Yeah, look at the old threads from last year. People received invites all the way to December/Feb (in general terms with all schools)....

I'm broke as a joke, don't have enough money to buy more secondaries/primaries... I think we just have to be patient and :xf:

I got 39 schools in AMCAS and completed 34 secondaries. Still working on Commonwealth but unsure whether to do it or not. I'm paranoid too cuz this is my 3rd cycle and if I really want an interview invite like my life depended on it :luck:

My first two interview in less than 2 weeks. Yet, no news from OU yet. Perhaps didn't make the cut.

SO I have not idea how to get from Detroit to rochester at a decent price
I'm flying in the night before and need to get to the hotel...is it better to cab it or rent a car

Interview Scheduled for August 26th anyone else?

I would rent a car. Outside of the airport cabs are almost inexistent in metro detroit and they will cost you a lot. Rochester is not close to detroit and a cab would be at least $60 each way and a huge hassel. :thumbdown:

ok ya thats what i decided it wasn't TOOO bad

Status
Not open for further replies.