2012-2013 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't a separate admissions twitter for CCLCM, but since the UP adcom oversees (works with? insert correct term here) the CP decisions, occasionally there will be a post about the CCLCM process. Nothing recently though, unfortunately.... I think for now we have to wait until April 16th like it says in high hold letter...

However, if anyone has any other thoughts I would love to hear them!

Anyone else have not received any response from CP?

Members don't see this ad.

Called CCLCM and was told that I was on the alternate list. They're in the process of getting back to folks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Called CCLCM and was told that I was on the alternate list. They're in the process of getting back to folks.

what's the difference between alternate list and hold/high hold list?

thanks!

I just checked my status, placed on "high hold". Interviewed in October.

what's the difference between alternate list and hold/high hold list?

thanks!
I think the alternate list is the same thing as the waiting list. She said that I coulde possibly be accepted if people declined their acceptances.

Also, just got an e-mail saying that I was accepted to the MSTP. Anyone else MSTP?

I never got much of a response a month ago, so I'll give it another shot. Anyone have any idea how much movement there is off the Alternate List for the UP?

Do any case students know if UP students have the option to apply to the MSTP program after M1 or M2? some schools have this option so I am curious

Members don't see this ad :)
To the people who participated in the financial aid webinar:

If I remember correctly, didnt they say today would be the first day they would be sending out financial aid packages to the people who had all of their info in early?

If anyone hears anything, please post!!

I think they said April 26 but I am not sure
I mean I know if you get all information in by April 1 you get the letter by April 26

To the people who participated in the financial aid webinar:

If I remember correctly, didnt they say today would be the first day they would be sending out financial aid packages to the people who had all of their info in early?

If anyone hears anything, please post!!

I remember that the date they gave was after Second Look Weekend...

I think they said April 26 but I am not sure
I mean I know if you get all information in by April 1 you get the letter by April 26

I remember that the date they gave was after Second Look Weekend...

Right, but I'm almost certain they said if your stuff was already in (at the time of the webinar) then you would get it earlier, and that the first day they would send out packages was March 25

edit: just went back to the webinar and listened to the questions at the end...they said that they will begin sending them out on March 25th for the people who were completed early!

Last edited:
Right, but I'm almost certain they said if your stuff was already in (at the time of the webinar) then you would get it earlier, and that the first day they would send out packages was March 25

edit: just went back to the webinar and listened to the questions at the end...they said that they will begin sending them out on March 25th for the people who were completed early!

Nice! Well let us know if you get it :)

Rejected here too via status update, post-hold. :( :( :( Strange that they don't send out an email for rejections.

Also rejected college track post hold list. I sent an update letter a few weeks ago as well. Thought interviews etc went well but sometimes thing just don't work out.

Last edited:
Has anyone actually gotten an updated letter in iApply about the alternate list? I'm still sitting with high hold....

Are these updates today for College Track only? Sorry about the bad outcomes guys. I definitely know how your feeling after going through this cycle :/

Hey Applicants,

Congratulations to all those accepted! I was in your position just last year, so I remember clearly the wide range of emotions we all go through at this point. Case is a great school and love it even more now that I'm here. For those with options and are on the fence, I highly suggest that you attend Second-Look Weekend on April 12th and 13th. It is really a blast!

I've been fortunate enough to go to several "Second Looks," and I can undoubtedly say that Case rolls out the red carpet for its prospectives. You will get put up in a 5-Star hotel, get wined and dined at the homes of Case Med alumnus, and get to meet plenty of faculty, current students and your future peers. You will quickly realize that everyone associated with our medical school treats each other like family. As Dr. Mehta likes to say, "She doesn't make mistakes." Us student interviewers and the admissions office found something special about each and everyone of you. Therefore, we hope to prove to all of you that you belong here with us.

I'll check this thread every few days until Second-Look. Ask me anything or send me a private messages if you wish.

Best,

fizzjazz

PS I'll be at Second-Look, so when you see me, please come and say "Hi!"

Offered a position on the Alternate List!!!!!!! :soexcited:

One step closer!!!

Alternate list for UP! Still on High Hold at CCLCM. Hoping for some good news soon! :)

Also placed on alternate list... wish I could be more optimistic, but it seems a lot of us are on it for a relatively small number of spots. Good luck to the rest of you waiting as well. Did anyone on hold receive a rejection today?

UP alternate list. Does anyone know how many people are on the list?

Does anyone get rejected post-hold? It's seems everyone got into the UP alternate list, myself included.

Alt for me as well. Hard to be optimistic about this waitlist

Alt listed as well. Does anyone know if we can fill out a financial aid application in advance so if we do get in from the alt list (seems a bit unlikely but...) we can make a decision right away?

I was also just placed on the alternate list for UP.

I also noticed that the e-mail stated that up to 30 acceptances have been made off of the alternate list before. But they made no mention about the average size of the list. I understand it's supposed to be variable, but a quote on the average number would allow me to gauge (at least somewhat) my chances. Could anybody with relevant info care to chime in on this? With 30 being a relatively high # of acceptances, I'm not liking my chances, because in my mind I had thought that the alternate list sat somewhere around 120+.

UP alternate list.. probably will withdraw but sitting on it for the weekend.
withdraw! withdraw! haha :p

Alternate list for me as well. Probably allowing myself to hold on to too much hope, but going to anyway!

Could anyone else not find the computer policy info that Mr. Essman said he put on iApply today?

Could anyone else not find the computer policy info that Mr. Essman said he put on iApply today?
I didn't see it and emailed the office about it, but received no reply. I am positive they will fix it on Monday.

I didn't see it and emailed the office about it, but received no reply. I am positive they will fix it on Monday.

Gotcha, thanks! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something/looking in the wrong place.

I was alternate listed yesterday too... I thought that people got accepted off of the hold list more frequently than the alternate list. That being said, has anyone gotten accepted off of hold in the last month?

. I was one of the final interview dates and I was placed on hold shortly after. Since everyone had been interviewed at the time I was put on hold, I kinda figured that a waitlist was the best I could hope for.

I was alternate listed yesterday too... I thought that people got accepted off of the hold list more frequently than the alternate list. That being said, has anyone gotten accepted off of hold in the last month?

Unless I missed it, I never saw anyone post onto SDN that they received an acceptance after being on hold. That being said, it doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

I looked at last years thread, and they heard about alternative list status around mid April with most acceptances happening around May 10. Hopefully, some of us will start hearing back sometime this coming month, but I wouldn't expect any news til May 1. If anyone gets in soon, please post about it!

Alternate here as well. However, when I asked last week, Mr. Essman said that "there will be ample time to complete your financial aid application should you be accepted". Not sure what that means...

not offered a place on alt list after being on hold. and I thought interviews went well..

anyone heard news from CCLCM?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.