2012-2013 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. I emailed Luel and here's what he said:

"The appropriate dress code is casual, but no jeans please."

Is business casual too dressy for this event? I was planning on wearing a blazer and a skirt or a dress, but I don't want to be overdressed :x
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, though she may have said (Everyone will hear back in ABOUT 2 weeks)

so maybe there is hope.

Anyways I am sad lol. 3 chances to get in to med school, Jefferson had the highest acceptance rate post-interview, my other schools have very low acceptance post interview.

And doesn't look like I made the cut (of an outright acceptance)
 
Yeah, though she may have said (Everyone will hear back in ABOUT 2 weeks)

so maybe there is hope.

Anyways I am sad lol. 3 chances to get in to med school, Jefferson had the highest acceptance rate post-interview, my other schools have very low acceptance post interview.

And doesn't look like I made the cut (of an outright acceptance)

I'm sad too. An outright acceptance would have been an amazing feeling.
 
Is business casual too dressy for this event? I was planning on wearing a blazer and a skirt or a dress, but I don't want to be overdressed :x

Casual, but no jeans allowed says business casual to me. What else would guys wear? Pink chinos? I can't speak for women but...

Our generation's business casual is button down and slacks/khakis, but our parents' generation is blazer, slacks/khakis and a button down. I'll probably just do button down and slacks.
 
I was also hoping for the call today but that didn't pan out. Congrats to nimbooda and any lurkers that got accepted and didn't post in the thread.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In case someone was wondering, that works out to be ~85 people. They probably have to accept more than this because some people are bound to say no.

thanks! :xf:
I've been waiting since last July, so what's another few weeks. . .
I have an acceptance, but I'd much rather go to Jefferson for personal reasons
 
For people to be pulled off the alt list does that mean they go through the entire HP list first?

I'm not an expert on this since I'm just basing what I'm saying off of what I saw on last year's thread, but no. They do not pull everyone off the HP list before they accept from the alternate list.
 
In last year's thread, the first (SDN announced) move on the high priority wait list happened may 1st...!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any current Jefferson students speak to the amount of extra work required in doing the College within the College: Clinical Translational Research track? Also, how competitive is the program to get into and how do they decide who gets in? Thanks!
 
Can any current Jefferson students speak to the amount of extra work required in doing the College within the College: Clinical Translational Research track? Also, how competitive is the program to get into and how do they decide who gets in? Thanks!

It depends on your project. I'm not in the program, personally, but I have friends who are. You'll have an information session about it after Anatomy ends and you don't have to sign up until January. It's not competitive--everyone that applies is accepted.

I'm trying to cut down the amount of money I need to take out as loans. Can any current medical students speak to how much you actually need for "Books and Supplies (suggested $1,060)?"

It depends on if you want to buy lots of books. You'll definitely need an anatomy atlas and a dissection guide, but no other books are really required during the first year. You'll want to purchase a stethoscope, reflex hammer, tuning fork, etc. Also, they say you need to buy a portable ophthalmoscope. Don't purchase it. Every exam room on campus has an otoscope and ophthalmoscope on the wall.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.