You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I called to see if I was on the bottom or top portion of the wait list and they told me they couldn't tell me.
Whaaaat, really? I thought they said they'd tell us that. Bummer. I was going to use that to gauge my chances here, esp because I'm waiting on a few schools. Darn.
Whaaaat, really? I thought they said they'd tell us that. Bummer. I was going to use that to gauge my chances here, esp because I'm waiting on a few schools. Darn.
Yeah I asked that too and they told me that they tell you top or bottom in July, not now.....bleh.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I asked that too and they told me that they tell you top or bottom in July, not now.....bleh.
Darn, I'll probably give up hope by then haha. Anyways, anyone get a call today?
Yeah I asked that too and they told me that they tell you top or bottom in July, not now.....bleh.
Haha wow July...really? Thats so bunk, especially with 46,750 people on the waitlist.
Haha wow July...really? Thats so bunk, especially with 46,750 people on the waitlist.
See I definitely thought it was more like 213,432 people on the waitlist. 46,750 sounds pretty good! 😀
Withdrew yesterday, good luck everyone! I was really sad to withdraw, and loved OSU. UB ended up being the right overall choice for me.
Last edited:
Withdrew yesterday, good luck everyone! I was really sad to withdraw, and loved OSU. I just had to make a practical choice.
Good luck to you! Where have you decided on going?
It has been 2 days and no one has heard anything? Is anyone else hoping that the timeline for calls has been shifted to next week?
Last edited:
^ But the office has already started calling people. Let's hope they are just going reallllly slowly.
Yes, that sounds reasonalbe and hopeful to me. 🙂
Just got the deferred newsletter for May.
just got the deferred newsletter for may.
+1
I am very distracted at work today. I am jumping at my phone every time an email or call comes in. 😱
Just got the deferred newsletter for May.
Don't know why, but this just makes me more nervous about this whole thing.
I wish they would tell us where we are in the waitlist since it is so long...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i wish they would tell us where we are in the waitlist since it is so long...
+1
I wish they would tell us where we are in the waitlist since it is so long...
+2
That would give me a better idea of how hopeful to be.
haha, thanks for that. 😀
Congrats! It is nice to know that people are getting of the deferred list. 🙂
I came out the deferred list on may 15th! I got the call around 830 am. It took me forever to post here because I was too busy celebrating lol for those of you who are still waiting I am sure there is still hope!! After I learned about the 448 on the differed list I gave up hopes to go here and was getting ready to go to a different school, till I got the call from no where!! Best of luck everyone
Congrats!!! Glad the list is moving 🙂
So, I called the office today and asked Flo about the waiting list situation. She wouldn't tell me anything about my specific position, but she said about 8 people have been accepted off of the waiting list since May 15th. When I asked her about making decisions about moving etc she said there is pretty consistent movement up until the end of June. After that there won't be much movement. I was slightly disappointed with only 8 people getting off the list so far though...if there really are 400+ people on the waiting list I feel like there is very little chance. =(
Wow, no kidding. Thanks for sharing that though.
So, I called the office today and asked Flo about the waiting list situation. She wouldn't tell me anything about my specific position, but she said about 8 people have been accepted off of the waiting list since May 15th. When I asked her about making decisions about moving etc she said there is pretty consistent movement up until the end of June. After that there won't be much movement. I was slightly disappointed with only 8 people getting off the list so far though...if there really are 400+ people on the waiting list I feel like there is very little chance. =(
Do they mean that there have been 8 spots offered or that only 8 of the people they have offered spots to have said yes?
It sounds like only 8 spots have been offered.
I thought 8 spots offered, but I could be wrong.
Ugh, waiting is killing me! Anyone hear of any more acceptances? I guess I should start packing for my second choice school, and be grateful. 😳
Ugh, waiting is killing me! Anyone hear of any more acceptances? I guess I should start packing for my second choice school, and be grateful. 😳
+1 I keep putting off preparing to move to the other school because I am holding on to the slim chance I make it off the list.
Accepted today! I received a call from the office around 10:30 MST.
Congrats! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! Celebrate!
Hi guys, congrats to all of you who are getting in and good luck to you if you're still waiting.
Sorry to change the topic but I was wondering if anyone knew about the Admitted Student Reception?
The only thing I really want to know is what I should wear. There are two tiny pictures on the alumni website and they only show a bunch of men with shirts and ties--no jackets, I think.
What's a girl to do? Augh, I hope it's inside, at least. The e-mail didn't say it, but the physical letter said that it will be held in Powell, I think. I wonder why it's not on campus. I mean, what's in Powell but the- 😱
Oh my God, what if it's a Zooception!?
Well my hopes are up now. Better go find me some safari gear.
Sorry to change the topic but I was wondering if anyone knew about the Admitted Student Reception?

The only thing I really want to know is what I should wear. There are two tiny pictures on the alumni website and they only show a bunch of men with shirts and ties--no jackets, I think.
What's a girl to do? Augh, I hope it's inside, at least. The e-mail didn't say it, but the physical letter said that it will be held in Powell, I think. I wonder why it's not on campus. I mean, what's in Powell but the- 😱
Oh my God, what if it's a Zooception!?
Well my hopes are up now. Better go find me some safari gear.
I had never heard about the reception? Were did you hear about it??
They sent me a card in the mail and also in e-mail. There might be two of them, though.
Hi guys, congrats to all of you who are getting in and good luck to you if you're still waiting.
Sorry to change the topic but I was wondering if anyone knew about the Admitted Student Reception?
The only thing I really want to know is what I should wear. There are two tiny pictures on the alumni website and they only show a bunch of men with shirts and ties--no jackets, I think.
What's a girl to do? Augh, I hope it's inside, at least. The e-mail didn't say it, but the physical letter said that it will be held in Powell, I think. I wonder why it's not on campus. I mean, what's in Powell but the- 😱
Oh my God, what if it's a Zooception!?
Well my hopes are up now. Better go find me some safari gear.
If you're talking about the white coat ceremony, dress like you were attending a medical school interview. If you're talking about the trip to the Columbus Zoo at the end of orientation week... dress comfortably! Best of luck and congratulations on your decision to attend Ohio State!
Just withdrew. Good luck to all waiting. I have another school I can attend so I just needed to commit to it and start to get exited about being there instead of waiting hopelessly for the 500 some person wait list to move.
Just withdrew. Good luck to all waiting. I have another school I can attend so I just needed to commit to it and start to get exited about being there instead of waiting hopelessly for the 500 some person wait list to move.
Good luck wherever you end up!
Got the call on Friday! Now I just have to finish this anatomy prereq...
Good luck to everyone still waiting. The wait list is obviously moving!
Good luck to everyone still waiting. The wait list is obviously moving!
Got the call this morning around 8 am. So excited, Ohio is my top choice school. Sooooo happy to start planning to move there, this is crazy!!!
Been on the deferred list since October. REJECTED today!
Ditto.
Sorry to hear that. How did you receive the news by email?
Yes, email saying status has changed.
Been on the deferred list since October. REJECTED today!
I was also let go today. No worries, I just got accepted from the alternate list at my top choice, in-state school last week. Best of luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was also let go today. No worries, I just got accepted from the alternate list at my top choice, in-state school last week. Best of luck to everyone!
Yeah I had pretty much accepted my fate months ago. Congrats on your recent top choice acceptance!
I've been deferred since December... no status change email here and my status still says deferred. Nothing like some false hope haha 😛
Got rejected today via status change.
I've been deferred since December... no status change email here and my status still says deferred. Nothing like some false hope haha 😛
Well since you didn't get the email my guess is that you're still in strong consideration. You got into Iowa though that's such an amazing program!
Truth - thanks 🙂. I just called and asked if they could tell me my relative ranking, how many people are on the waitlist or anything like that and was told no. Darn. Really have 0 clue what my chances still are here!!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.