2012-2013 Quinnipiac University School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the helpful feedback, guys. If anyone else can provide more feedback or tips, I'll take all of it I can get before my interview. :smuggrin:

Anyone else gonna be there Fri? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm, They must have changed it. On my interview day they said they would meet and hand out decisions weekly because finding their charter class was top priority. I was wondering why I havn't heard.

Sent from my ADR6400L using SDN Mobile

I think their intentions are to send out acceptances ASAP lol. I certainly hope so anyway!

Are there significant scholarships/tuition cuts available for the first matriculating class?

What is your guys' opinion on the planned rotation sites?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got an interview, could you please post your stats? What are they looking for?

Got a very nice holiday card from Quinnipiac today :)

Are there significant scholarships/tuition cuts available for the first matriculating class?

What is your guys' opinion on the planned rotation sites?

Major scholarships available to about 50% of the charter class...if accepted you'll be able to apply shortly after. Scholarship categories include QU undergrad, interest in primary care, first generation college student, academic excellence, and maybe one or two other...?

I'm also wondering about the clinical sites. I'd love to go check them out. Seems like the agreements are still in the works or something...not positive though.

haha also didn't get any holiday card? was it emailed out?

It was by snail mail, they were probably sent to people who got interviews so far. If you didn't get it today, maybe tomorrow or the next day?

It was a very nice change to feel wanted in this cycle rather than always the other way around, haha.

It was by snail mail, they were probably sent to people who got interviews so far. If you didn't get it today, maybe tomorrow or the next day?

It was a very nice change to feel wanted in this cycle rather than always the other way around, haha.

lol i got it and haven't gotten an interview yet, not that i know of lol. :corny:

Members don't see this ad :)

I thought you guys were being tongue-in-cheek. There were actual cards?

I thought you guys were being tongue-in-cheek. There were actual cards?
They were actual cards. I got one in the mail yesterday. BTW I haven't received an interview invite yet so I'm not sure if it's just to everyone who completed a secondary who received a card....

how long was it until you submitted your primary did you get your secondary?

11/29 AM here - so it looks like we didn't meet on interview day.

@donny - I found out via email.

congrats on acceptances! any II recently? crossing my fingers for one soon!

Accepted as well by email. Interviewed 11/30.

Congrats everyone and good luck to all those interviewing!

For those that got accepted, could you share your stats?

Hi guys, I was also accepted yesterday. I interviewed almost two weeks ago so the turnaround is pretty quick.

wow very quick turn around, I interviewed 12/7 and they said 2-4 weeks. Wondering if our group will hear before xmas.

To those who have heard back, would you mind sharing stats? thanks!

I think I've given up on this school. I don't think I will be getting an II.

For everyone who has interviewed and/or heard back whether rejection or acceptance, not only what are stats, but what are your ECs? Research? Volunteer work? Masters degree? Hobbies? It seems they are looking for more than just stats. Hoping to get an interview!!!

Congrats to all who have been interviewed and accepted...good luck to all those waiting!

Wow, I wonder what I did that was so terrible during my interview.

anyone know what the latest dates are for interview days, last i checked here it was Feb? are there going to be any open spots left for late interviews?? :confused:

Wow! Interviewed here today and was blown away by the enthusiam and excitement in the air! Everone was unbelievably nice and so dedicated to making Quinnipiac become a great medical school! Would love to come here and become a part of it!

Does anyone know where/how to send thank-you letters? I sent them, but they got sent back. It said there was no mail receptacle!? I used this address: 370 Bassett Road, North Haven, CT 06473.

Does anyone know where/how to send thank-you letters? I sent them, but they got sent back. It said there was no mail receptacle!? I used this address: 370 Bassett Road, North Haven, CT 06473.

I dropped mine off in person. I'd just call admissions and find out from them. They're so nice!

RIP to the victims of the massacre today. God bless those injured and i wish the families a speedy recovery from this horrendous act both physically and psychologically.

Absolutely deranged, we need better access to mental healthcare, better awareness of mental health indicators, and better reporting.

Counseling can't be taboo, there are sick people who need help

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN Mobile

Hi everyone, so the address to send thank you letters to the Frank Netter SOM is actually 275 Mount Carmel Ave, N3-MED, Hamden CT 06518.

Mail that is addressed to 370 Bassett Rd in North Haven runs the risk of being forwarded to Anthem.

The SDN interview feedback page for this school says that the three respondents so far were only interviewed by two people each. Is it true that there are only two interviews now, as opposed to the three interviews in the official schedule? Could someone who has already interviewed here comment on this? Thanks! :)

Last edited:
The SDN interview feedback page for this school says that the three respondents so far were only interviewed by two people each. Is it true that there are only two interviews now, as opposed to the three interviews in the official schedule? Could someone who has already interviewed here comment on this? Thanks! :)

No, I just don't think there was an option with three interviews. We all interviewed with Dr. Ellison (30 mins) and two faculty (45 mins). Interviews were generally relaxed and conversational.

The day does consist of three interviews. However, the surveyors may have reported two because everyone interviews with the Dean of admissions. The two faculty you interview will will vary.

No, I just don't think there was an option with three interviews. We all interviewed with Dr. Ellison (30 mins) and two faculty (45 mins). Interviews were generally relaxed and conversational.

The day does consist of three interviews. However, the surveyors may have reported two because everyone interviews with the Dean of admissions. The two faculty you interview will will vary.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks guys! :thumbup:

So, any interest in starting a fb group for people planning on matriculating?

I have an interview here on January 18 (PM) and was wondering if there are any guys interested in splitting the cost of a car and hotel near Bradley Airport. Send me a PM if interested and best of luck to everyone else interviewing!

Status
Not open for further replies.