2012-2013 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted here today. For the "how did you here about RFU..." i just put MSAR basically, don't feel too personal about my answer, but I don't have another answer other than heard about it and researched it myself beyond the MSAR...
 
Does anyone know if RFU does silent rejections? I know this school is slow-moving, but I just want a better idea of how long I should realistically be waiting for the small-pool email.

Submitted 7/12, Complete 7/25...
 
Does anyone know if RFU does silent rejections? I know this school is slow-moving, but I just want a better idea of how long I should realistically be waiting for the small-pool email.

Submitted 7/12, Complete 7/25...
thats barely 2 weeks since you've been complete. just chill out, it's taking almost a month to be put in the pool
 
thats barely 2 weeks since you've been complete. just chill out, it's taking almost a month to be put in the pool
Ahh, good to know! Some schools have such a fast turn around I didn't know what to expect. Thanks
 
I guess what I really wanted to know about was the silent rejection thing vs. the application timeline, which I didn't think anyone had answered, but I suppose I was wrong 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I read through the thread and there did not seem to be a conclusion on word count for the essays? 200-300 words sounds reasonable to me. Anyone have any input?
 
Same here. Anyone know what the downtime is between being small pooled and getting an interview?
Someone earlier said that about 3000 ppl are smallpooled so keep in mind a lot of ppl won't get interviews. Don't mean you personally or anything just that unfortunately small pooling is no guarantee of anything
 
Last edited:
I called on Friday and talked to admissions. they're not sending out invites quite yet - she said a week or two. they start interviewing mid-September (didn't get an exact date) and the invites are sent over email. Glad to hear I wasn't missing anything! I visited this summer and this is my dream school - 😍 everyone seemed really happy and glad to be there - both students and faculty/staff. Can't wait to hear about an interview!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I entered primary screening on 8/9 because RF was waiting for my second MCAT score. Guess I have a bit of a wait now...
 
Ahh interview invite! SO EXCITED!!!

This was the first secondary I submitted, a whole month and 12 days ago. 🙂
 
II 🙂 Now just need to hopefully get a date where I'm not out from work 3 days in a row for interviews...
 
how long did it take after being sent to review to receive an interview invitation? I haven't heard anything back for a while now.
 
I called on Friday and talked to admissions. they're not sending out invites quite yet - she said a week or two. they start interviewing mid-September (didn't get an exact date) and the invites are sent over email. Glad to hear I wasn't missing anything! I visited this summer and this is my dream school - 😍 everyone seemed really happy and glad to be there - both students and faculty/staff. Can't wait to hear about an interview!

Got the interview invite today. Complete 7/11, Screened 7/17, never small pooled. The interviews begin Sep 10th and go from there. Hope to see some of you there!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was small pooled on 7/31...still waiting to here about interview vs. rejection

MCAT: 30O
GPA: 3.55 Sci/3.53 cum
 
S Received: 6/29
S Submitted: 7/4
Complete: 7/11
Primary Screening: 7/17
Primary screening complete: 7/30
II: 8/13

Good luck all!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.