You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
passed primary screening here! entered on 7/20.
OOS, 3.7/29
when did you submit secondary/got complete status?
received secondary on July 9th, submit that day, "complete" on 7/19when did you submit secondary/got complete status?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This school is so slow it's ridiculous!
Complete 07/19
Primary Screening : 07/20
Small-pooled: 07/31
Primary Screening : 07/20
Small-pooled: 07/31
This school is so slow it's ridiculous!
When did you submit your primary and secondary?
Complete 07/19
Primary Screening : 07/20
Small-pooled: 07/31
I entered primary screening on 7/20 too so hopefully I hear something from them soon

Submitted 7/26, still haven't gotten a complete email..... Hm, anyone else?
Submitted 7/26, still haven't gotten a complete email..... Hm, anyone else?
I submitted mine on 7/18. Still haven't received a complete email either..... If you get complete before me, let me know. That way, I know something's up.
I submitted mine on 7/18. Still haven't received a complete email either..... If you get complete before me, let me know. That way, I know something's up.
Will do! I don't remember it taking this long last year.... and my LOR have been on AMCAS since May. Strange. What are your stats?
I submitted mine on 7/18. Still haven't received a complete email either..... If you get complete before me, let me know. That way, I know something's up.
I think I submitted on 7/16 and just got the complete email yesterday, then entered primary screening today. So I would guess you would get yours by the end of the week.
I think I submitted on 7/16 and just got the complete email yesterday, then entered primary screening today. So I would guess you would get yours by the end of the week.
Thanks!
Last edited:
I submitted mine on 7/18. Still haven't received a complete email either..... If you get complete before me, let me know. That way, I know something's up.
I wouldn't worry at all, they are probably getting flooded with applicants! I submitted my secondary 7/15, was complete 7/27 and entered primary screening 7/30... so don't worry, they are working their way through it all 🙂
edit: emystar beat me to it ^^
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete email today! submitted 7/18! I'll probably enter screening soon!
EDIT: entered screening email today as well.
EDIT: entered screening email today as well.
Last edited:
Complete and entered screening. Well it's about time!
When did you submit your primary and secondary?
My primary was submitted ASAP, and my secondary was confirmed on July 20th.
This school is so slow it's ridiculous!
Lol. No.
Last edited:
Does anybody know if they are receptive to in the arealetters? I'm from PA and I'm going to an interview at CCOM.
Just got the email telling me I've passed primary screening and am in the small pool 🙂 entered primary screening on 7/20
Does anybody know if they are receptive to in the arealetters? I'm from PA and I'm going to an interview at CCOM.
I would call and ask. You lose nothing by trying and could potentially end up saving a few hundred dollars.
Yeah I'm also interviewing at CCOM. also applied to Loyola, Rush in addition to RFU and would like to minimize my trips to Chicago (assuming best case and I get interviews at one or more of the MD schools)
Yeah I'm also interviewing at CCOM. also applied to Loyola, Rush in addition to RFU and would like to minimize my trips to Chicago (assuming best case and I get interviews at one or more of the MD schools)
Whoops double post. Sorry.
Whoops double post. Sorry.
+1my primary was submitted asap, and my secondary was confirmed on july 20th.
So I submitted right away on 7/2, got the "received supp" email, and I've never gotten anything from them since about primary screens or passing the primary screens. I'm weirdly confused, because my numbers should get me through screens - 3.9 cGPA and a 41. any thoughts?
Yeah they probably looked at your stats and rejected you because they know you chose them as your safety school.
Yeah they probably looked at your stats and rejected you because they know you chose them as your safety school.
That's what I'm worried about. I tried my best in my secondary to explain that they weren't a safety school (obviously didn't say that outright), and they aren't, but still...
That's what I'm worried about. I tried my best in my secondary to explain that they weren't a safety school (obviously didn't say that outright), and they aren't, but still...
Probably not the case. You still haven't received an email saying that your app was complete, or that it was entering primary screening. They haven't even reviewed your file yet, so don't panic.
Probably not the case. You still haven't received an email saying that your app was complete, or that it was entering primary screening. They haven't even reviewed your file yet, so don't panic.
I think that is wishful thinking. With your stats, you are not going to have a problem getting into a medical school. With a school like RFU, where the stats are drastically lower than yours I'm fairly certain that they will want to prioritize applicants that fit their profile better. Having said that, I don't think this is something to be down about because your stats are very competitive at the best medical schools. RFU won't want to invest time in someone who will definitely not end up going there.
Finally completed today. Submitted secondary July 20th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally completed today. Submitted secondary July 20th.
Hopefully I'll get mine soon too... still waiting submitted 7/23
Guess I'll include mine too..
Submitted 7/6
Complete/Entered screening 7/17
Small pooled 7/30
Good luck everyone 🙂
Submitted 7/6
Complete/Entered screening 7/17
Small pooled 7/30
Good luck everyone 🙂
how does one know when he/she is small pooled ?
... They email youhow does one know when he/she is small pooled ?
just received the complete email
just received the complete email
hey what day did you submit your secondary?
Secondary Submitted: 7/23
Complete:8/6 (faster than I expected!!)
I'm guessing before I hear about screening it will be another 2+ wks!
Complete:8/6 (faster than I expected!!)
I'm guessing before I hear about screening it will be another 2+ wks!
Just got the small pooled email. Does anyone know how many people get small pooled (I heard it was a good amount) compared to those who complete secondaries?
I don't think a single person on here has not been small pooled yet. But they could just be more silent, who knows
I got email today saying that I passed primary screening and that I am in the pool of applicants that may be invited for an interview, so I guess I have been small pooled. Any one know the chances of an interview after being small pooled?
I don't think a single person on here has not been small pooled yet. But they could just be more silent, who knows
My guess is either you're being small pooled, or probably just not hearing anything yet. Otherwise we would have seen some rejections already. That's my guess 😳
hey what day did you submit your secondary?
7/23
So I submitted my secondary application on 8/2 and I got this screen after I submitted:
Did anyone else get this? I sent an Email asking them and haven't gotten a response yet. I would like to know if this is a common occurrence before I call RFU and ask them. Thanks!
Did anyone else get this? I sent an Email asking them and haven't gotten a response yet. I would like to know if this is a common occurrence before I call RFU and ask them. Thanks!
I had this issue, try another browser, worked for me.
I had this issue, try another browser, worked for me.
That worked! Thank you! FYI, Google Chrome didn't work but Firefox did.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Small pooled 08/06 and was complete on 7/24
small pooled 08/06 and was complete on 7/24
+1
I submitted my secondary online and got an email saying:
"Thank you for your submitting your supplemental application and fee to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University. Your complete supplemental application is necessary for further consideration of your application. The final deadline for the supplemental application letters of evaluation and MCAT scores is December 1, 2012. Deadline extensions will not be permitted. We recommend you complete your application as soon as possible to be given the earliest consideration."
What else do I have to do to complete it? I've already submitted my LORs through AMCAS, as well as my MCAT score.
"Thank you for your submitting your supplemental application and fee to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University. Your complete supplemental application is necessary for further consideration of your application. The final deadline for the supplemental application letters of evaluation and MCAT scores is December 1, 2012. Deadline extensions will not be permitted. We recommend you complete your application as soon as possible to be given the earliest consideration."
What else do I have to do to complete it? I've already submitted my LORs through AMCAS, as well as my MCAT score.
I submitted my secondary online and got an email saying:
"Thank you for your submitting your supplemental application and fee to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University. Your complete supplemental application is necessary for further consideration of your application. The final deadline for the supplemental application letters of evaluation and MCAT scores is December 1, 2012. Deadline extensions will not be permitted. We recommend you complete your application as soon as possible to be given the earliest consideration."
What else do I have to do to complete it? I've already submitted my LORs through AMCAS, as well as my MCAT score.
Yeah, if I recall right, they send you an awkward e-mail like that. You should get a complete e-mail sometime in the coming weeks. This school is a little pokey.
D
deleted236787
Complete email today. Submitted 7/24/2012.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 288K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K