2012-2013 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok I'm a little in the dark about this whole process. What does being small pooled mean exactly? Is it a bad thing? I'm just a little worried cause the most recent email I got was one saying that my application entered the screening process. That was in 7/26 and still haven't heard back yet
 
Ok I'm a little in the dark about this whole process. What does being small pooled mean exactly? Is it a bad thing? I'm just a little worried cause the most recent email I got was one saying that my application entered the screening process. That was in 7/26 and still haven't heard back yet


Read the thread then.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite this morning! Hoping to schedule for Sep 24th because my Loyola interview is on the 22 🙂
 
Um. I love your avatar. haha

Haha thanks! I've been seeing this Pusheen cat around a lot lately. When I googled him/her, I got a "careers for your cat" collection of .gif's and one of them was a DJ. I thought it was awesome. Hahaha
 
Haha thanks! I've been seeing this Pusheen cat around a lot lately. When I googled him/her, I got a "careers for your cat" collection of .gif's and one of them was a DJ. I thought it was awesome. Hahaha

You might be amused by Mr. Scruff's music/cartoons. He's got this weird world of fish people and potato people who play music. It's the best thing ever.


[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6u5tkMhV_o&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]
 
You might be amused by Mr. Scruff's music/cartoons. He's got this weird world of fish people and potato people who play music. It's the best thing ever.


[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6u5tkMhV_o&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

Hahaha oh man that was weird but it went pretty well with the music, which is very catchy. I liked the fish/potato guys but those sheep-stick people thingies were soo creepy, especially when some of them would run across the screen really fast hahaha. I was amused.
 
has anyone else had a hard time answering the "life in discovery" question. I've been kind of stumped for weeks on this!
 
Nevermind. I found the page about the pillars. I guess that is what I should talk about....
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have the U.S. News data on CMS (i.e. # interviewed vs. accepted vs. matriculated)?


According to MSAR:

IS
Applied: 1228
Interviewed: 282
Matriculated: 86

OOS
Applied: 8231
Interviewed: 325
Matriculated: 99

Just marked complete today... hoping for an interview but these numbers are making me nervous (OOS) 🙁
 
How long did it take everyone to get the complete email? It is really annoying there is no online way to check application status
 
How long did it take everyone to get the complete email? It is really annoying there is no online way to check application status

Sent in the secondary July 16th, got the complete email August 8th, went into primary screening August 9th.
 
hey I was in the same boat as you. Sent the admissions a quick email, and they responded back immediately (and at 8pm in the evening..weird). Anyways they told me I was complete and waiting to be screened.
 
Does RFU tell you through email if you've entered screening? I couldn't find anything on their website that would say anything about the application status. Thanks for any help
 
Hey, those with II, did it take a little while for them to respond to your choices? I had to talk with my boss at work about the dates and sent the e-mail on the 14th, but haven't heard back yet.

EDIT: They just sent me back a response! I'll be there on September 17th 😀
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
excuse me while I join the
widget_d8eDGGrzTfP5SMfktS5wVM.jpg
 
Just got the e-mail that I am in a pool of applicants that MAY receive an interview invite.

I called admissions, and the gal stated that she believes there to be about 500 applicants in this situation. Furthermore, if you are in this "status," she went on to say it is very hopeful.


Hopes this chills some of you guys out.
 
Just got the e-mail that I am in a pool of applicants that MAY receive an interview invite.

I called admissions, and the gal stated that she believes there to be about 500 applicants in this situation. Furthermore, if you are in this "status," she went on to say it is very hopeful.


Hopes this chills some of you guys out.

Well, that totally contradicts the SDN view that "Everyone gets small-pooled".

Thanks for the info! It does make me feel better!
 
Just got the e-mail that I am in a pool of applicants that MAY receive an interview invite.

I called admissions, and the gal stated that she believes there to be about 500 applicants in this situation. Furthermore, if you are in this "status," she went on to say it is very hopeful.


Hopes this chills some of you guys out.

Lol what did you expect her to say. "Yeah, you may be in the small pool, but I doubt you'll get an interview"

I still don't think we've had a single person not get small pooled (aside from maybe one? But too early to tell)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
last email I got was two weeks ago saying that I need to complete my app, and that they have rec'd my secondary and $... my letters are uploaded to amcas so should i email to ask about being complete or just wait 1-2 more weeks?? tried to check online but as posted earlier, no way to check on a status.
 
last email I got was two weeks ago saying that I need to complete my app, and that they have rec'd my secondary and $... my letters are uploaded to amcas so should i email to ask about being complete or just wait 1-2 more weeks?? tried to check online but as posted earlier, no way to check on a status.

Just wait, still a lot of people who were complete before you waiting to get screened.
 
3.33 cum/3.0 sci/33R OOS, average EC's

Entered screening on 7/20, no small pool email... But at least no rejection either....


What do you guys think?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.