2013-2014 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted!!!! It was basically as last minute as you can get! All glory to God!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! Glad it worked out for you. :)

I'm not applying this year but just wondering, will a 30 mcat and 3.80+ gpa/sgpa open doors for me? Of course I will have extra curriculars, volunteer, shadow, etc and I am also SDA. I saw that the average mcat score for Loma Linda is 30. Will it be a serious problem if I am one or two points below 30?

Members don't see this ad :)
As a caveat, it's difficult for anyone to make predictions about this process, even more so based on numbers alone.

Their median MCAT score actually moved up to 31 this past year. However, they have a very wide range of accepted scores, so that may not matter much. I think that you can have a competitive application if you manage a 30+/3.8+, especially if you score 10s in each section. Even if you were to score on the lower end of your expectations and get a 28 or 29, you could still have a solid application after you take everything else into consideration.

What you do want to avoid if possible is the 10th percentile for accepted MCAT scores at Loma Linda, which is available in the MSAR. So, shoot for the 30+, but a sub-30 score by itself isn't enough to exclude you from an acceptance at this particular school. Many people are accepted every year with a sub-30 score.

Last edited:
As a caveat, it's difficult for anyone to make predictions about this process, even more so based on numbers alone.

Their median MCAT score actually moved up to 31 this past year. However, they have a very wide range of accepted scores, so that may not matter much. I think that you can have a competitive application if you manage a 30+/3.8+, especially if you score 10s in each section. Even if you were to score on the lower end of your expectations and get a 28 or 29, you could still have a solid application after you take everything else into consideration.

What you do want to avoid if possible is the 10th percentile for accepted MCAT scores at Loma Linda, which is available in the MSAR. So, shoot for the 30+, but a sub-30 score by itself isn't enough to exclude you from an acceptance at this particular school. Many people are accepted every year with a sub-30 score.
For verbal, what do you think is the cutoff line?