2021-2022 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any II yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone offer any advice on updating the school regarding my MCAT? Just saw my MCAT score from my July exam, and I want to improve on it. Should I update the school and let them know I plan on retaking my MCAT in January?

Can anyone offer any advice on updating the school regarding my MCAT? Just saw my MCAT score from my July exam, and I want to improve on it. Should I update the school and let them know I plan on retaking my MCAT in January?
Most MD schools do not take January Mcat. DO Schools do

Reactions: 1 user
According to MSAR, the latest MCAT score that LLUSM will consider is from September of this year

Reactions: 1 users
Current MS1 here. We just started this past week but happy to answer any questions that I can!
Hello there, By chance do you have any information regarding the average Mcat score and GPA of class of 2025. I have heard mixed messages. Some are talking about Mcat score around 510, GPA 3.8 and some around 500, GPA 3.3 which seems very low. I have heard that there are SDA students with very low scores and they have priority and they get in. Do you think there are wide range of scores? Thank you for your response.

Hello there, By chance do you have any information regarding the average Mcat score and GPA of class of 2025. I have heard mixed messages. Some are talking about Mcat score around 510, GPA 3.8 and some around 500, GPA 3.3 which seems very low. I have heard that there are SDA students with very low scores and they have priority and they get in. Do you think there are wide range of scores? Thank you for your response.
pharmd to md applicant?

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning! First one so I’m stoked!! 3.9 GPA, 520+ MCAT, ORM, CA resident

Looks like they're interviewing high stats first. My MCAT is on the lower end, and the overall average MCAT based on MSAR seems 508?

Looks like they're interviewing high stats first. My MCAT is on the lower end, and the overall average MCAT based on MSAR seems 508?
All of the schools that i have applied to interviewed people with higher stats first.

I got an II on 9/10 but I wouldn't say I am higher stats. MCAT ~510-513 and LM of 69 but I am IS also living in the nearby area with strong religious ties so that could also be the reason. cGPA 3.8 and sGPA 3.71

secondary was received 7/12 and submitted 7/24 and primary application submitted 5/28 and verified like 6/10 or something like that.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello! Sorry it took a while to reply. For stats, I would go off of what MSAR says. I don't have my subscription/membership anymore, but I think I saw an above message say Loma Linda's MCAT for MSAR is 508? That sounds about right from when I applied last year. As far as the range of scores, as with any med school there are people much higher and much lower than the average stats. If you are worried your stats aren't cutting it, focus on parts of the application that highlight your strengths that coincide with Loma's mission. For example, Loma Linda LOVES community service/outreach and sees understanding your patients/community as a part of what it means to be a physician. If you have similar experiences in your app, make sure to highlight those in your writing and during your interview - those mean a lot more than a GPA/MCAT in my opinion.

II received 09/29, LM 75. I'm really excited for this interview! I feel that the religious environment here will really help me become a great physician :D

Reactions: 3 users
II received 09/29, LM 75. I'm really excited for this interview! I feel that the religious environment here will really help me become a great physician :D
congrats! when were you complete?

If I am not into any religion at all, is it a waste of time to complete my secondary?

If I am not into any religion at all, is it a waste of time to complete my secondary?
Yes, imo
All of the questions on their secondary is about religion

Shoot ur shot. They have a variety of people they admit. Maybe you'll have something that catches their eye

From what they told me in the interview, as long as your personal values align with the school's values, that's what's most important to them.

Anyone know if decisions will be released in October or are they generally released later?

Hello! Sorry it took a while to reply. For stats, I would go off of what MSAR says. I don't have my subscription/membership anymore, but I think I saw an above message say Loma Linda's MCAT for MSAR is 508? That sounds about right from when I applied last year. As far as the range of scores, as with any med school there are people much higher and much lower than the average stats. If you are worried your stats aren't cutting it, focus on parts of the application that highlight your strengths that coincide with Loma's mission. For example, Loma Linda LOVES community service/outreach and sees understanding your patients/community as a part of what it means to be a physician. If you have similar experiences in your app, make sure to highlight those in your writing and during your interview - those mean a lot more than a GPA/MCAT in my opinion.
I really appreciate your Help.

Thank you so much for your response.

Anyone knows when they start sending R's?
it's been so quiet here

Complete 8/16. Anyone received an II who were complete around the same time?

Anyone knows when they start sending R's?
it's been so quiet here
Yea if you all have to go back to last years forum it’s a lot but read some of it. They hardly send out rejections until late April to early May. It’s only not that way if you are an SDA interviewing at an SDA school, that’s when it might be different.

Anyone know if decisions will be released in October or are they generally released later?
So last cycle I was spot on they really didn’t start releasing acceptances until November and it was only a couple the second Thursday. Seriously look at every second Thursday for the next ljke 6 months those are the dates loma linda meets and then calls students. The only ones accepted and told early are SDA students who interview at their college. The rest of us have to wait for normal responses.

Yea if you all have to go back to last years forum it’s a lot but read some of it. They hardly send out rejections until late April to early May. It’s only not that way if you are an SDA interviewing at an SDA school, that’s when it might be different.
This is ridiculous. That’s so late

Hey all, I'm another current MS1 here at LLU. We just finished our first block of MS1 last week. I'm more than happy to answer any specific questions regarding application stats and the school as a whole!

Reactions: 1 users
Just for a little background, I'm a non-traditional applicant. Took 2 gap years, took the MCAT twice. I am conservative non-SDA Christian and was pulled off the waitlist just weeks before I was supposed to move to another state for a DO program.

Loma Linda WILL make you wait with radio silence, I interviewed in September, got placed on the waitlist in march, and got pulled off in the end of June. I'm also a part of the Orlando, FL regional campus program, so I do have information regarding that if any of y'all are interested!

My application stats were:
MCAT: 505
cGPA: 3.81
sGPA: 3.75

I also had a ton of significant medical mission trips, paid medical work (scribe and surgical assist), and leadership experience. I think this is what helped make up for my lower end stats. At the end of the day though, these are just stats and the medical school application process is very wholistic nowadays. :)

Reactions: 10 users
Just for a little background, I'm a non-traditional applicant. Took 2 gap years, took the MCAT twice. I am conservative non-SDA Christian and was pulled off the waitlist just weeks before I was supposed to move to another state for a DO program.

Loma Linda WILL make you wait with radio silence, I interviewed in September, got placed on the waitlist in march, and got pulled off in the end of June. I'm also a part of the Orlando, FL regional campus program, so I do have information regarding that if any of y'all are interested!

My application stats were:
MCAT: 505
cGPA: 3.81
sGPA: 3.75

I also had a ton of significant medical mission trips, paid medical work (scribe and surgical assist), and leadership experience. I think this is what helped make up for my lower end stats. At the end of the day though, these are just stats and the medical school application process is very wholistic nowadays. :)
How would you describe the school in a word and why? Biggest challenge now that you are there?

How would you describe the school in a word and why? Biggest challenge now that you are there?
Hey there! So in one word I would probably say “Caring”. The school as a whole is very sensitive to how students are feeling and giving them help. I cannot tell you the number of times we have been given amazing resources! The upperclassman have truly poured into us and have given so much of their time to help us.

The biggest challenge I have faced is finding a study strategy that works well. For me, being out of school for 2 years really has not helped, but honestly any strategies you used in undergrad probably won’t work in med school. The volume of material is pretty nuts.

That being said, I have a number of friends who found what works well for them and have absolutely CRUSHED all the tests and practicals we have had. It’s doable, you just need to figure what works best for you :)

Hope those answered your questions!! Let me know if there is anything else you have questions about or would like to know!

Hey there! So in one word I would probably say “Caring”. The school as a whole is very sensitive to how students are feeling and giving them help. I cannot tell you the number of times we have been given amazing resources! The upperclassman have truly poured into us and have given so much of their time to help us.

The biggest challenge I have faced is finding a study strategy that works well. For me, being out of school for 2 years really has not helped, but honestly any strategies you used in undergrad probably won’t work in med school. The volume of material is pretty nuts.

That being said, I have a number of friends who found what works well for them and have absolutely CRUSHED all the tests and practicals we have had. It’s doable, you just need to figure what works best for you :)

Hope those answered your questions!! Let me know if there is anything else you have questions about or would like to know!
Thank you and best wishes.

Just got an acceptance call! Complete 7/23, interviewed 9/29

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the acceptance call as well! Interviewed late September

Reactions: 2 users