2021-2022 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also got the acceptance call at about 3:30PM PST! My interview day was 10/4 :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Are all of you guys who got accepted SDA?

I haven’t heard anything since I was complete but just got an email saying, “____, Nice to meet you!” And I got excited but it’s just a general email to apply to their programs 😅

I haven’t heard anything since I was complete but just got an email saying, “____, Nice to meet you!” And I got excited but it’s just a general email to apply to their programs 😅
I have been complete since 7/30 and no emails or anything from them.

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering if anyone was contacted to do a follow-up interview? I got a phone call on 11/19 asking if I could do a second interview (~30 minutes). Did anyone else get contacted about this. I am SDA

I was wondering if anyone was contacted to do a follow-up interview? I got a phone call on 11/19 asking if I could do a second interview (~30 minutes). Did anyone else get contacted about this. I am SDA
Oh that's interesting. Would this be your 3rd interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recent ii? Does anyone know where the admissions committee is on the cycle (done interviewing, midway through, etc)?

Probably jumping the gun here, but does anyone know if there is a Facebook group or anything of the sort for accepted students?

Hey everyone! I am a current MS1 here at Loma in the class of 2025. Feel free to reach out with any questions, Im happy to answer them!

Lol does this school send out any II? It’s dead in here. Haven’t heard a peep since July.

Reactions: 3 users
Lol does this school send out any II? It’s dead in here. Haven’t heard a peep since July.
I remember last year they were pretty slow too lol but we just went on Christmas break, and everyone's integration weeks (which are pretty busy, and heavily faculty involved) just ended, so hopefully they will get back to reviewing and send some more out in the next couple weeks! You can also call admissions and ask, they are pretty nice in there!

Reactions: 2 users
same lol, but like the comment above says, i think they are just a small admissions team and maybe slow?
i did email last week to ask and they were nice and just said to keep checking portal and to check emails if we get any from them.

Probably jumping the gun here, but does anyone know if there is a Facebook group or anything of the sort for accepted students?
Yea there will be one but it really won’t be active or available til about June or July once the class is more solidified.

When do they stop sending II?
not sure, but i don't think they are even halfway through ii. seems like they barely sent out any ii or maybe its just a lot of LLU applicants don't go on sdn?

not sure, but i don't think they are even halfway through ii. seems like they barely sent out any ii or maybe its just a lot of LLU applicants don't go on sdn?
Yeah this thread has been very quiet

got the call today!! interviewed 10/4

I also got the call today 🙏🙏So grateful! Interviewed 11/2

I interviewed end of September/early October 2021 and still have not received any post-interview decision (not SDA, MCAT and GPA above their average). Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

I interviewed end of September/early October 2021 and still have not received any post-interview decision (not SDA, MCAT and GPA above their average). Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?
this happened to me last year, same boat as you, but I got accepted in July for the class of 2025! don't give up hope yet

Same happened to me last year. Currently part of the class of 2025.
I went to an SDA undergrad, but I am not SDA. My GPA was above average but MCAT was slightly below.

Heard about decision in March (waitlisted) and was pulled off the waitlist in June. This happened 3 weeks before I was supposed to move to Virginia to attend a DO school. Have patience and don't bother calling them. I tried and it didn't help...a letter of intent may be of good use though.

Same happened to me last year. Currently part of the class of 2025.
I went to an SDA undergrad, but I am not SDA. My GPA was above average but MCAT was slightly below.

Heard about decision in March (waitlisted) and was pulled off the waitlist in June. This happened 3 weeks before I was supposed to move to Virginia to attend a DO school. Have patience and don't bother calling them. I tried and it didn't help...a letter of intent may be of good use though.
Congrats & thanks for sharing! Has LLU has shown you their match lists after matriculation or given you more info about it?

I have yet to get an interview invite or an R from this school, but I am really interested in it. I have sent two update letters (one clinical update and one publication update) and I was complete 7/30/21. I know that the Letter of Intent is really intended only for post-II people, but I want them to know that I really love them (they're my #2, #1 is UCD but am doubting that I will get an II since I haven't gotten one and I submitted super early). Does anyone think this will be beneficial/hurtful? Or do you think 2 updates show enough interest?

I have yet to get an interview invite or an R from this school, but I am really interested in it. I have sent two update letters (one clinical update and one publication update) and I was complete 7/30/21. I know that the Letter of Intent is really intended only for post-II people, but I want them to know that I really love them (they're my #2, #1 is UCD but am doubting that I will get an II since I haven't gotten one and I submitted super early). Does anyone think this will be beneficial/hurtful? Or do you think 2 updates show enough interest?
also number one school and also did send two updates via portal.

I am in the same boat as you guys. Also sent an update letter around October. I asked a few people about sending a letter of intent but they all told me not to. However it’s up to you

I am in the same boat as you guys. Also sent an update letter around October. I asked a few people about sending a letter of intent but they all told me not to. However it’s up to you
They haven’t sent out any recent II so I wonder what’s up

They haven’t sent out any recent II so I wonder what’s up
This thread has been dead compared to other schools that I have applied to. Not everyone reports their IIs here. So we never know

This thread has been dead compared to other schools that I have applied to. Not everyone reports their IIs here. So we never know
True! Also I think not many people apply here to be honest. I’ve seen so many threads on Reddit and Facebook about this school

Pre-II R just now. Nice rejection letter though lol

• Care
  • Sad
Lol was I the first person in here to get a pre-II R?

This thread isn't very active because the admissions committee seems a lot slower than other schools (that's my guess) If anyone is curious about the number of applicants to this medical school compared to other California medical schools during the previous cycle, here are the statistics:
Loma Linda: 6192 applicants
UC Irvine: 6158 applicants
Stanford: 6800 applicants
CUSM: 5383 applicants
Damn so it seems like loma Linda doesn’t get lower number of apps compared to other schools

I think so. Mind sharing stats and also if you are sda?
I hope you already have good news from other schools or hear it soon!!
Lol dang. 3.3 and 518. Have a nice upwards trend. I am not SDA. Thank you 🙏

Congrats & thanks for sharing! Has LLU has shown you their match lists after matriculation or given you more info about it?
LLU has not shared their match list with us voluntarily. I'm sure if we asked to see though, it wouldn't be a big deal. A lot of people like to stay in house from what I hear though (born in Socal, live in Socal, go to Loma, stay at Loma lol)
LLU produces good physicians (from what I hear) and they have pretty much every speciality you could want in-house.