2021-2022 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have yet to get an interview invite or an R from this school, but I am really interested in it. I have sent two update letters (one clinical update and one publication update) and I was complete 7/30/21. I know that the Letter of Intent is really intended only for post-II people, but I want them to know that I really love them (they're my #2, #1 is UCD but am doubting that I will get an II since I haven't gotten one and I submitted super early). Does anyone think this will be beneficial/hurtful? Or do you think 2 updates show enough interest?
I doubt a letter of intent would hurt. If anything it'll show the school that you are committed to coming if you are accepted.
What are your stats by chance?

All this to say... We are getting late into the interview cycle and chances are, if you haven't had one yet, it may be slim pickings.
I'd say not to bank on Loma pulling through, but if they do, that's awesome!

Members don't see this ad.

Last year around 1200 people applied
Last year number of applicants was close to 7,000. I think like 6,9XX.
Those numbers were shared with us at our white coat ceremony and I believe they are posted on LLU's website for our class profile.

Last year number of applicants was close to 7,000. I think like 6,9XX.
Those numbers were shared with us at our white coat ceremony and I believe they are posted on LLU's website for our class profile.
1643287658335.png

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I know it's super early but is there an existing groupme/fb group for c/o 2026 students? I know my friends who got accepted to other schools are in one. Super excited to get to know my future classmates!

Hi everyone, I know it's super early but is there an existing groupme/fb group for c/o 2026 students? I know my friends who got accepted to other schools are in one. Super excited to get to know my future classmates!
Created a discord for y’all. Our class currently uses discord for all communication. The school will create a Facebook page for y’all eventually :)

Reactions: 1 users
Created a discord for y’all. Our class currently uses discord for all communication. The school will create a Facebook page for y’all eventually :)
Thank you so much! I also noticed that there actually is an official fb group as well when I visited my llu portal again. The link should be under the Admissions Decisions -> Offer Details tab at the very bottom.

Thank you so much! I also noticed that there actually is an official fb group as well when I visited my llu portal again. The link should be under the Admissions Decisions -> Offer Details tab at the very bottom.
How many people are in it? Curious to see how many seats are left

Admins of the page are a couple of our class officers from the class of 2025 :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Declined my II here, I hope it goes to someone on here!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
yes I am a current MS1, just here to help answer questions :)
Hi there! Do you mind telling us if LLU typically takes this long to send out II and fill seats? I for one submitted in August and still have not heard back. Also, I know they prefer students who identify as SDA but what about students whose values align with some of the practices and beliefs of SDA individuals? Thank you!

Admins of the page are a couple of our class officers from the class of 2025 :)
Hey! I was recently accepted to LLUSM and will be matriculating this fall!! I was wondering if you had any inside knowledge on whether on-campus or off-campus housing is better?? Which is recommended to make med school more doable? If not, any reference/resource page for this will be appreciated!! :) Hope med school is going well!

And to all others, I'm rooting for you!! I believe really strong letters of interest/intent can help with this school. Good luck and lmk if there's anything I can do to help!

Last edited:
Hi there! Do you mind telling us if LLU typically takes this long to send out II and fill seats? I for one submitted in August and still have not heard back. Also, I know they prefer students who identify as SDA but what about students whose values align with some of the practices and beliefs of SDA individuals? Thank you!
There are only 50-something people in the LLUSM Class of 26 facebook group! Did you already send an update/interest letter?

I received an email in March saying all seats were filled and that I had been placed on a waitlist. Almost rejected the waitlist seat but I accepted. Didn't hear anything back until mid June saying I got off the waitlist.
They tend to take their time, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything back yet. Once all seats are filled, they'll fill their waitlist (they take 100 on the list) and then they'll pull off that when people drop.

I received an email in March saying all seats were filled and that I had been placed on a waitlist. Almost rejected the waitlist seat but I accepted. Didn't hear anything back until mid June saying I got off the waitlist.
They tend to take their time, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything back yet. Once all seats are filled, they'll fill their waitlist (they take 100 on the list) and then they'll pull off that when people drop.
but if we haven't heard back about an interview by now, then it probably means its a rejection right?
Also when did you interview?

Hey! I was recently accepted to LLUSM and will be matriculating this fall!! I was wondering if you had any inside knowledge on whether on-campus or off-campus housing is better?? Which is recommended to make med school more doable? If not, any reference/resource page for this will be appreciated!! :) Hope med school is going well!

And to all others, I'm rooting for you!! I believe really strong letters of interest/intent can help with this school. Good luck and lmk if there's anything I can do to help!
Hey! First of all, congratulations!!! We're excited for all of you to join next year's class!

So housing is very available in the Loma Linda/Redlands area. A lot will start becoming available starting in the early summer as a majority of leases are up around then. I know many students rent houses out together, I currently live in Redlands in a townhome. I would recommend watching y'alls class page for openings, the "LLU free/for sale" facebook page, and the LLU trading post.

LLU Trading post is updated every month with many things related to LLU such as work opportunities, people looking to sell stuff, and housing. Attached is the link for the page. I'd recommend to just start looking and figure out where you would want to live.

On campus housing is very hard to get from what I heard and you need to get your application in ASAP when it opens, I personally haven't heard any bad things about it and I believe it is a bit cheaper. Although many students live within walking distance, I know a good number of them still drive since we may stay late studying at school and/or may want to go somewhere later. It's just easier to have a car on hand in the parking lot haha. Attached is the link for housing application.

If you all have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!! I also recommend joining the discord as well for an informal way to meet other classmates and coordinate living situations. I also just created a google doc for y'all as a ROOMMATE FINDER. Feel free to repost it on y'alls facebook page since I don't have access yet!!

Let me know if y'all have any other questions!

Roommate Finder:
Class of 2026 Roommate Finder

LLUSM Class of 2026 Discord:

My contact info:
Phone #: 407-474-0065
Email: [email protected]

Last edited:
  • Love
but if we haven't heard back about an interview by now, then it probably means its a rejection right?
Also when did you interview?
I can't say for sure, but probably as it's getting late in the cycle. There is still some hope though if you haven't heard anything yet. I'd recommend sending an update letter if you haven't already. I interviewed in September.

Do not bank on that potential interview alone though, if you've gotten into other schools, start making plans. If not, start looking at alternate plans for the next year if you're reapplying. I'd recommend looking at some transitional masters programs, missions, or something to boost your app for next year! I wish you all the best!! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions :)

• Care
Hey! yeah I remember them taking a long time. I submitted my secondary in August, got an interview in October and then I didn't get a decision until April. That was a waitlist decision, and THEN I got my acceptance off the waitlist in July. So yeaaahhh they toook a long time. in our class right now, yeah there are alot of SDAs but there also is alot of other religious beliefs here as well! they really are intent on mission fit though.

Submitted my secondary on 10/14, no communications since. Are they still sending out IIs or not?

Thoroughly disappointed with this school's communication. Its been 7 months, and not a single word from this school. They can do better

• Care
Pre-II R, hope everyone else has better luck!

• Sad
  • Care
Feel The Bern Reaction GIF by Bernie Sanders

*Me refreshing SDN every 5 minutes*

• Haha
Are there still interviews being sent out from this school? As everyone else stated, it's been awfully quiet here haha

Pre-II R Yesterday. IS, Submitted late July, non-denom Christian, MCAT>516, GPA~3.5. Good luck to those still in the running or those waiting on an A!

• Care
So I just logged into my portal and normally I can click on a communications tab to see all emails Loma has sent me but its not there anymore? Did it disappear for others too?

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if LLU is done with their interview cycle, but seeing as it's getting late in the season I'm assuming they are close to being done. If I remember correctly from last year, the class was filled by mid March. That means if you have already had an interview, you should be expecting an email with either a rejection or a waitlist seat pretty soon.

You will have the option to accept or pass on the waitlist seat once offered to you. There are 100 waitlist seats offered, and typically 25 get pulled from the waitlist. The waitlist is not ranked and applicants are pulled after another review (calling the school will not help...I tried)
I applied to ~30 schools and got ghosted by most of them after they ate up my application fees :(
LLU does typically take longer than most schools to get back, but I think it's because they really try to be wholistic and create a pretty diverse and unique class.

Anyways, I remember the mental torment of the application cycle and these later months specifically. Keeping y'all in my prayers as the cycle wraps up. You'll end up exactly where the Lord wants you, with His perfect timing. Don't forget that :)

Updated link:

Is anyone still waiting on a response from LLU? Does anyone know if they still release on the second Thursday of each month (following their trend from last year)? Thread has been so quiet!

A little late but got an II on Friday and they had days open until 3/30

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys! I am from the class of 2025 and wanted to reach out to you guys again regarding questions about LLU! You guys have been so patient with the school, I know there is a lot of anxiety during this time (and they arent the best with communication lol)! I put together a google doc for you to ask questions that you may have regarding Loma Linda and just medical school in general. Feel free to add them and I am going to get students from the class of 2025 to answer them! and I will continue to monitor the doc throughout the school year and summer so you can always come back to it to ask more questions as they come up! All type of questions welcome! (and I mean ALL) :)

edit: also Im dumb and had it as view only lol i just changed it so you can now edit. so sorry!

Last edited:
hmmmm any hope out there at Loma Linda? I was complete in August, pretty darn good stats and I fit the mission pretty darn well (not SDA, but a lot of my experiences are religious/service oriented). I guess I just don't know what they are looking for here.

hmmmm any hope out there at Loma Linda? I was complete in August, pretty darn good stats and I fit the mission pretty darn well (not SDA, but a lot of my experiences are religious/service oriented). I guess I just don't know what they are looking for here.
I picture the adcoms just throwing all of our applications in the air, and whichever hits the ground last gets an II. The way adcoms work will forever be the biggest mystery to be solved lol

Hey guys! I am from the class of 2025 and wanted to reach out to you guys again regarding questions about LLU! You guys have been so patient with the school, I know there is a lot of anxiety during this time (and they arent the best with communication lol)! I put together a google doc for you to ask questions that you may have regarding Loma Linda and just medical school in general. Feel free to add them and I am going to get students from the class of 2025 to answer them! and I will continue to monitor the doc throughout the school year and summer so you can always come back to it to ask more questions as they come up! All type of questions welcome! (and I mean ALL) :)

edit: also Im dumb and had it as view only lol i just changed it so you can now edit. so sorry!

Thank you so much for doing this!!

same, complete august. I'm not even sure if they are still interviewing but I feel like they should be considering the class probably isn't even full.

same, complete august. I'm not even sure if they are still interviewing but I feel like they should be considering the class probably isn't even full.
The class of 2026 Facebook page has about ~90 members who are actually in the upcoming class. I'm sure there are seats still to be filled.

The class of 2026 Facebook page has about ~90 members who are actually in the upcoming class. I'm sure there are seats still to be filled.
yea that's what i thought but i haven't seen much interview invites unless people don't report them on sdn

Hey! First of all, congratulations!!! We're excited for all of you to join next year's class!

So housing is very available in the Loma Linda/Redlands area. A lot will start becoming available starting in the early summer as a majority of leases are up around then. I know many students rent houses out together, I currently live in Redlands in a townhome. I would recommend watching y'alls class page for openings, the "LLU free/for sale" facebook page, and the LLU trading post.

LLU Trading post is updated every month with many things related to LLU such as work opportunities, people looking to sell stuff, and housing. Attached is the link for the page. I'd recommend to just start looking and figure out where you would want to live.

On campus housing is very hard to get from what I heard and you need to get your application in ASAP when it opens, I personally haven't heard any bad things about it and I believe it is a bit cheaper. Although many students live within walking distance, I know a good number of them still drive since we may stay late studying at school and/or may want to go somewhere later. It's just easier to have a car on hand in the parking lot haha. Attached is the link for housing application.

If you all have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!! I also recommend joining the discord as well for an informal way to meet other classmates and coordinate living situations. I also just created a google doc for y'all as a ROOMMATE FINDER. Feel free to repost it on y'alls facebook page since I don't have access yet!!

Let me know if y'all have any other questions!

Roommate Finder:
Class of 2026 Roommate Finder

LLUSM Class of 2026 Discord:

My contact info:
Phone #: 407-474-0065
Email: [email protected]
Wow, thanks so much for the detailed and very informative response!!

I was going to share your Roommate Finder doc, but looks like another admin already posted something similar; it could still be helpful for the future though!

I'm so excited to meet everyone, I'm actually not SDA background but I want to come in as a respectful guest/friend/medical student. :)

Rooting for the rest of you who haven't heard back yet, wherever you end up, I'm sure you'll make the best of it. But if it's at LLU, then see you in July!