2021-2022 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Loma Linda offer merit scholarships? If so, how much are they usually for and are they common?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the committee still meets on the second Thursday of each month? That has obviously passed and now I'm just wondering when responses will be, for March. This year's thread seems like responses have been coming out on the 3rd Friday, but I wanted to know if anyone has called the office or knows anyone for further insight?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the committee still meets on the second Thursday of each month? That has obviously passed and now I'm just wondering when responses will be, for March. This year's thread seems like responses have been coming out on the 3rd Friday, but I wanted to know if anyone has called the office or knows anyone for further insight?
I emailed them over a week ago and they never responded. Normally they are quick to respond.

• Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
I emailed them over a week ago and they never responded. Normally they are quick to respond.
Just got an answer to my question about my letter of interest from back on March 7, so hope remains for right now! But with the past history of LLU likely saving their remaining decisions until late March, and so few slots remaining, gosh, I’m not feeling optimistic. Wishing everyone the best though, and big congrats to everyone who already got their magic admission offer!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything today? Secondary complete in September, I interviewed in February, and Im dying to hear a response. 512mcat, CA resident, nondenom Christian, good fit with school. 4.0sgpa, 3.98cgpa. Thinking I should do a letter of intent if I dont hear anything today? it is also match day though so might be extra busy for them over there.... feeling discouraged

Has anyone heard anything today? Secondary complete in September, I interviewed in February, and Im dying to hear a response. 512mcat, CA resident, nondenom Christian, good fit with school. 4.0sgpa, 3.98cgpa. Thinking I should do a letter of intent if I dont hear anything today? it is also match day though so might be extra busy for them over there.... feeling discouraged
I haven't heard anything yet, I interviewed a couple weeks ago. I'm just trying to understand the trend, it doesn't seem like this year they're really following one. I know next week is their spring break so I doubt they'll be open. I would hate to wait until April for a response but I love this school so I'm holding out hope.

I haven't heard anything yet, I interviewed a couple weeks ago. I'm just trying to understand the trend, it doesn't seem like this year they're really following one. I know next week is their spring break so I doubt they'll be open. I would hate to wait until April for a response but I love this school so I'm holding out hope.
If you feel like Loma Linda is the school for you, keep holding out hope! I didn't hear until April 8th for my waitlist decision and I had interviewed in October. I got accepted July 5th last year and changed all my plans last minute to go here. Best decision I made though, I have had so many opportunities here and really do love it.

Reactions: 3 users
Scared about Monday, ngl. Wishing everyone with fingers still crossed like me all the best! 🤞
🤞

Honestly same. Everytime my phone rings I panic 😂

Since it’s almost April, is this school done sending interviews?

Since it’s almost April, is this school done sending interviews?
I don't know, I also had this question. I haven't heard back from them since I submitted my secondary in September. I'm still holding out hope for an interview invite but I'm starting to to think that might not happen. I emailed them like 2 weeks ago but so far they haven't responded.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they supposed to be giving out responses today? I'm panicked now as well lol.
Idk honestly, but I am pretty sure that the next few days is the end of them sending interview invites if there are still any to give out, so I'm hoping against hope at this point! Best of luck to you and everyone else!!!

I don't know, I also had this question. I haven't heard back from them since I submitted my secondary in September. I'm still holding out hope for an interview invite but I'm starting to to think that might not happen. I emailed them like 2 weeks ago but so far they haven't responded.
Most likely soon (if not yes already), so I am cry. 😭 I too submitted my secondary in September, so it looks like we're out of luck, friend. It's still possible though, so we'll see. Wishing you all the best tho, friend! And same to everyone here still waiting on final decisions too!

Yes, I’m pretty sure all medical schools do.
Will they send more info about when/where we need to do that? I'm taking some trips abroad before the start and don't want to miss a deadline because im out of the country

Hi to all my fellow pre-II people also feeling hopeless. You're likely sad like me. You may have other interviews at other schools still coming up. Perhaps you even have waitlist positions or are waiting on decisions from other schools. But if you're like me and have essentially no more schools left and with no interviews at all, well, feel all the feels. Be mad. Let it out for however long it takes. Then regroup, reassess, re-plan, take action, and rise. Yes you can. Success in some form will follow.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Will they send more info about when/where we need to do that? I'm taking some trips abroad before the start and don't want to miss a deadline because im out of the country
Just spoke with some of my classmates to confirm. There actually is no drug test. I confused that for another school I was planning on attending.
From what I've heard, there is no drug test. The school will let you know everything that needs to be done. Best of luck to all of you who are still floating in uncertainty. I'm rooting for you all!!

• Care
Just spoke with some of my classmates to confirm. There actually is no drug test. I confused that for another school I was planning on attending.
From what I've heard, there is no drug test. The school will let you know everything that needs to be done. Best of luck to all of you who are still floating in uncertainty. I'm rooting for you all!!
Awesome, thanks!

I just received an interview invitation! Ahhh, I'm so excited. I would love the opportunity to train at LLU!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
yea that's what i thought but i haven't seen much interview invites unless people don't report them on sdn
Looking for someone accepted to LLU who was Not Christian ! How did you structure your secondaries? What ECs did you complete to showcase your commitment to faith?

Just got the pre-II rejection email. Good luck everyone

• Care
Pre-II R from Loma. Will be reapplying

Just got the pre-II rejection email. Good luck everyone
Sorry to hear that, friends! Must be soul-crushing, and understandably so. Painnnnn. :( Wishing you and everyone with similar news (whether it means the official end to an unsuccessful cycle or just one more R while waiting on a waitlist position if you have one) all the best! Depressing, yes, but never ever the end, if you so choose to continue on this path and know it's right for you.

I'm thinking about calling in regards to post-ii decisions, the wait is killing me! I don't know how much longer they're going to hold out on them... I wonder if they're going to send them before the april 15th deadline, or wait until people dwindle down their acceptances. Ugh.

• Care
Has anyone else avoided all the pre-II Rs? I'm starting to think they forgot about me because there is no way they are still sending out IIs

Either that or they are purposely extending the time of my suffering

• Care
Has anyone else avoided all the pre-II Rs? I'm starting to think they forgot about me because there is no way they are still sending out IIs

Either that or they are purposely extending the time of my suffering
Same. What is going on here :/

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
It has been radio silence since I applied but I just got an interview invite. Does anyone have tips on what I should expect from the interview?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
It has been radio silence since I applied but I just got an interview invite. Does anyone have tips on what I should expect from the interview?
OMG, congrats!!!! There is hope ^-^ . I don't have any apart from "Be yourself and tell your story!"

Called them this morning and they basically said they are making the final decisions already and that interview session is over, they will be sending out rejections soon.

• Sad
Just got a wait-list offer this afternoon. Feeling bummed this is my number one choice school... Hoping for an acceptance soon!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Best of luck to everyone who received a WL.. Has anyone interviewed and still waiting on an admissions decision?

• Care