2014-2015 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last edited:
but did you go right from hold to that? or did it go back to "complete" first

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
but did you go right from hold to that? or did it go back to "complete" first

No idea tbh, I've been swamped with secondaries and I hadn't really been checking since GW was one of the first schools I completed the secondary at.

My status was changed to

"Correspondence concerning the status of your application has been sent to you via email."

AMCAS submitted 6/3, verified 6/6, complete the 30th of June!

Good luck at your interview!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
II for Aug 29 today!

The website says they interview 1,100 though- so definitely more hoops to jump through!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats @Osteoth !! super jealous, checked my status after seeing your post, and sadly looks like i've been put on hold :( "Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from September through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience."

Sigh...my first secondary I turned in this year...not off to a good start :unsure:

I'm still waiting to be reviewed so hopefully that's a good sign haha. Did you guys get your invites earlier today, or closer to right now?

@Tom Ford Not sure if this is helpful information, but I was put on hold for at least 3 days last week (maybe several more, I haven't been checking recently) and still got an II. So "on hold" is not necessarily a bad thing!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone else had no status change since being placed under review? I was complete in early July and still no update :(

Reactions: 2 users
my application has been put on hold for georgewashington does that mean i'm basically rejected?

Oh my gosh! I just got an II as well!!!! I'm so excited!!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 8 users
YAHOOOOOO!!! :clap:I got an II a few minutes ago!!! And I was put on hold prior to that! So for everyone put on hold @mrh125 - there is DEFINITELY hope!!! Thanks again @thebeachisthebest for beliebing :kiss:
And congrats @sunflower18 and @NYerrr :highfive: Maybe we'll see each other at the interviews!! ...sorry for the overload of emojis :D Awesome Friday morning!

Reactions: 10 users
II for Sep 2!!!! also was on hold for like a week, so dont worry!

you are all so lucky!! genuinely so happy for y'all :)
still not verified :( but my secondary is done! fingers crossed, i LOVE GW!
great city, great opportunities, oh my goodness i would be thrilled to go here.

seems like everyone who got an II was on hold at one point! mine still just says under review.

But good luck guys!

*neurotically checks email*

I was complete 6/30 as well, but still no status change ):

I submitted my secondary on 6/28, and I had been verified by AMCAS already. I was placed on hold on 7/5, and offered an II this morning.

Congrats to everyone who got interviews! My committee letter still isn't ready, so it will be a little while until I'm complete, but I share your excitement!

Reactions: 2 users
So I received my secondary on 6/28 but I submitted my primary app on 6/26 so I probably won't be verified until July 20 something roughly. I hear that you have to submit your secondary within 2 weeks, but if I haven't been verified it doesn't matter right?

Congratulations everyone! Has anyone had to request an alternate interview date? September 2 is my first day of my job, so I don't think I can skip that...

@miamiheatfan If it were me, I would honestly just submit it ASAP after you complete your essays to your liking...
@UVA2k14 I requested an alternate date and they were really nice and quick to help me out!

Are the II for ED applicants or regular decision?

im getting so impatient after seeing II being given out already!!

Wow so fast. I'm used to Canada where you wait 3-4 months to find out if you got an interview and then another 2-3 months to find out if you got in... and then potentially another month or two on the waitlist :p

Has anyone whose status hasn't updated gotten an II?

Last edited:
Congratulations to those of you who have IIs already! Very exciting! This thread has given me the necessary kick in the pants to hopefully finish this secondary tonight.

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to those of you who have IIs already! Very exciting! This thread has given me the necessary kick in the pants to hopefully finish this secondary tonight.

Same here! I just finished the last question and I'm planning on rereading them in the morning and submitting. Good luck with your essays!

This is a long secondary for sure. I feel your pain

Here as well! I'm loving everything about this program, so I've been scared to hit submit! Here's to getting it in by tomorrow! :highfive:

Congrats @Osteoth !! super jealous, checked my status after seeing your post, and sadly looks like i've been put on hold :( "Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from September through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience."

Sigh...my first secondary I turned in this year...not off to a good start :unsure:

Mine is the same :(

Submitted! And now I wait. The Global Health track looks pretty cool.